Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thanks for the measurements, T0kes!

Des has spoken. Obviously the best value OB on the market. I'm still really keen to see T.Francis' development but if Jojo is on a wing next year, we're stacked. Depending how we go, BK is also a good winger in my opinion. Des might turn Lofi into a rep player too (in a couple of years).

Talk of signing Reimis and Tass is over. I apologise for my delusional dreams.

Nothing delusional there MT, a full roster is a full roster.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Looks like there's one more spot, We'll probably want to keep that it open but with Verrills injury history I think it's a bit risky just taking Randall in the top 30 as back up hooker, Randall is awesome but if he goes down I don't think Oskar is ready for NRL (could be at someone point in the year) and last year Leeming got probably more minutes then you'd want and was basically a panic buy.

I haven't watched much of him but could Steadman be a utility or spend time at 9? + halves if we had an injury toll and he wouldn't mess with anyone's progression. There's probably players better suited but we need someone who's OK with being 3rd/4th string and probably just wants a crack.

If verrils gets injured I could see weaver getting a call up and Tanah playing 9 or 14.

Bryant is a good kid but he’s also had a nasty run with injuries I dunno if his body is physically ready for the nrl

I would say we are keeping that last spot open for any transfer window shenanigans but I would t say no to someone like Brisbane offloading paix to us on the cheap

Rep Player

Foz will probably be third string 9

Third string 9 will go between Tannah, Foz and what ever middle Des and the team cook up into filling in if needed. The 30th slot should be kept empty until preseason is atleast over, season ending injuries happen to about half of the clubs during this time.

30 is full as of right now isn’t it?

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    30 is full as of right now isn’t it?
    That’s what I thought when we signed HSS

First Grader

Just went through and we're full, They're missing Alick on the NRL site... Sorry everyone haha. Must have accidentally got rid of him putting in HSS's contract because I'm pretty sure I saw him on there but there's only 29 now.

Even with the marginals of Liu, Schoupp, Haas and Clark I’m pretty ok with our roster. Sure you could include others as marginals too but we can’t carry 30 marquee players … well at least not until our development players progress.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Even with the marginals of Liu, Schoupp, Haas and Clark I’m pretty ok with our roster. Sure you could include others as marginals too but we can’t carry 30 marquee players … well at least not until our development players progress.
    I reckon a lot of clubs would be happy to have those four as depth players.

First Grader

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...tch-to-titans/

Caelys Putoko has been described as one of New Zealand's hottest rugby prospects, but the young gun has followed his heart in a shock move to boost the Titans.

Graduating from heralded union school Hamilton Boys High School as a talented New Zealand representative, the 18-year-old had been on the radar of a number of Super Rugby clubs after representing his country in the junior ranks; but instead of following a career in the 15-man game, he has moved to the Gold Coast to make the switch to league.

Joining the Gold Coast Titans for the next two seasons - initially on a train-and-trial deal in a bid to earn a spot in the NRL roster - Putoko's career progression across the ditch is one that was totally out of the blue.
    A little bit from the article but looks like a very good pick up potentially, He's a winger.

Last edited by Cowabunga; 30-11-23 at 04:35 PM.

Saw this kid in the footage and couldn’t place him. That explains it. Good luck to him - I’ll be interested to see if he can make the full time roster next year.

Played 2nd five (translates best to centre usually in league) for NZ Schools just this year which is a big achievement. Hamilton the top dog of rugby schools over there too.

Well done to our scouting team for an outside the box signing too. Melb been doing it for years.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 30-11-23 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...tch-to-titans/

A little bit from the article but looks like a very good pick up potentially, He's a winger.

he played 2nd five for HBHS this year and NZ Schools too

Wonder what position he ends up in league

also @Titans digital team it's Tokoroa not Takaroa..i've got no skin in the game but I'm sure the small NZ town would appreciate the correction
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 30-11-23 at 05:22 PM.

Hate to triple post but here's some highlights of Caelys Putoko playing in 2022/part of 2023 for anyone interested:

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSNxRsPgn/

Features a lot of Hamilton BHS footage. FWIW - this is a higher level of rugby union than the GPS comp that Jojo, Howarth, etc. all played in at the same age.

Yes, it's on tiktok. I'm sorry
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 30-11-23 at 08:16 PM.