Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast

It's depressing seeing how much better Dearden is than the pretenders we have in the halves. Everytime he touches the ball the opposition is in panic stations. Also gave an incredible effort play to stop Cobbo scoring on that intercept coming from the other side of the field.

We have a 7 that literally can't do anything right and a washed-up invalid at 6 who refuses to kick the ball under any circumstances and is lucky to last 60 minutes each game before succumbing to fatigue and knocks.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...fd0f9b2acac430

CM reporting that we’re in discussions with Nathan Brown about a tbc position

Can confirm

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...fd0f9b2acac430

CM reporting that we’re in discussions with Nathan Brown about a tbc position

Can confirm
    Paywalled

First Grader

Surely he wouldn't have moved here without if a deal, Sounds like they're just figuring out where for a while now, From what I read he did a really good job while at the Eels.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 30-03-24 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Paywalled
    BROWN EYEING TITANIC MOVE

Former Dragons, Knights and Warriors coach Nathan Brown is in talks with the Gold Coast Titans to join Des Hasler’s rebuilding mission.

Brown has left his pathways position at Parramatta ahead of a family move to the Gold Coast and has been in negotiations with the Titans for a number of months about a potential new position at the club.

The parties are yet to reach an agreement as the Titans review the set up of their football operations amid a shocking start to the NRL season.

The Titans recently parted ways with long-time junior pathways boss Jamie McCormack and there could be a further shake-up of the system if a deal is struck with Brown.

It has become clear that the Titans’ roster is in need of work, with too much money invested in the forward pack and not enough in the all-important spine.

Upon taking charge of the Titans, Hasler gave the bulk of former coach Justin Holbrook’s support staff a year to prove they were worth retaining.

But it has become glaringly obvious changes are needed at Parkwood and Brown could be one of the first acquisitions.

Titans CEO Steve Mitchell pleaded for patience and said the club wouldn’t be making wholesale changes.

“We’re two games in. Des has been in the game for 45 years as a coach and player. He knows the way this journey rolls,” he said.

“He’s patient. He will go to work and get some things right that he knows are fundamentally important to our game. He will run a course.

“This is a long season and we’re at the very start of it.

“We don’t make wholesale cuts.

“This is about getting a playing group together over seasons ahead and building a really good core base to be successful with.”

Just speaking as someone angry and off his head
    Laffrancchi out-Nathan Brown in
    Steve Mitchell out-Anthony Don in (Don has an MBA-don’t underestimate him)

As optimistic as I have been, I haven't felt this flat at the start of a season in a long time. I just do not get what is NOT clicking for these boys. You can absolutely tell who is actually taking on Dessies words and applying them in game, and who is not. We NEED a spark in attack, and for the boys to MOVE UP OFF THE BLOODY LINE when defending. Seriously, I have never seen a team stand in the line and wait for the defenders to come to them more than us. That doesn't even begin to cover the vast amount of issues that seem to go on.

Tanah needs time in Q Cup. I was his biggest defender last year, and I was rightfully wrong. BK needs to be replaced. Fermor also needs a bit more time away unfortunately, although I will allow the excuse of his ACL for a bit longer. Clarke needs to make way for a bigger body on the bench.

Just wanting FOR ONCE, the best 17 to be picked.

I have been a member for 10+ years now, and while I ain't giving up anytime soon on this club, It is absolutely insane that the loyal members are having to sit through these dog **** performances at the moment. How many more rebuilding periods can we go through before we 'get it right'? How many more years being in the bottom 4 do we have to endure before we 'turn it around'?

What do we, as fans of this club, have to do in order for everyone involved at the club to get their heads pulled out of their ****, and actually get us to perform well?

What do the Titans have to do to genuinely get it right? We keep chopping and changing everything, doesn't work. We have changed management, staff, etc. and it hasn't worked. The players for whatever reason aren't clicking. The fanbase is genuinely turning on the club, and there is no way in hell I am seeing this club be booted from the comp due to it as well. There HAS to be something we can do to get the boys to arc up and pull their heads out and actually perform.

Psychoanalysis, Appsy. Forensically.

Ok, we just have to laugh at this bit. I did anyway.

“it has all the attributes of a classic rugby league sh*t storm, a concept also known as another season at the Titans.”
    https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/de...3bc3692a1f669d

It’s at times like these that I think about 1999-2006 when there were no teams on the GC and my interest in footy was fleeting due to it.
    I’d rather be up against it than have nothing.
    Stick Fat.

100% Bodsie … growing up and dreaming of making the Brisbane comp when Sydney was just a fantasy land means to me we are blessed just to have a club BUT I wish the bastards would give it a decent shot.

A few on here would remember that pathways to Lang Park used to mean playing for the West Panthers where #2 (yes there used to be two fields there) was our home ground until Purtell Park was bought and running Mt. Cootha was our domain until the ‘Ponies usurped it. Just reminiscing, that’s what old farts do … and give you guys something to read lol
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-04-24 at 10:29 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I grew up in Brisbane and was a Wally Worshipper. I followed him at every club, even the Broncos. I followed him to the Seagulls which felt much better, regardless of the results. I've hated the Broncos ever since and stuck with the Chargers, who I really enjoyed.

When the Chargers, Souths and others were booted, I thought GC would never get back in. Souths were putting up a fight and I could see them winning. I supported Souths until 2007 when I was elated the Titans emerged with some great signings.

Now that I'm old and bitter, I think the Titans getting booted would end my love of Rugby League.

NB: I've never supported a NSWRL / NRL Premiership winning side. Wally gave me heaps in BRL but sadly, he couldn't play forever. So I understand if you want me to stop following the Titans. Maybe that's the first step in the five year plan - get rid of the unlucky fans?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank Christ for Origin!

Rep Player

Based boomers

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Based boomers
    I’m actually Gen X (not proud of it though-my generation are weak as piss)

Yep. I'm Gen X too.