Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    A 360 appearance, We've made it to the big time...
    Kenty had some cooked takes, like "how do you find points when theres no points in the team." We've always been able to score points, Des has clearly coached it out of us.

But I didn't mind his idea of us targeting Pezet, with Munster and Hughes there he will have to move on if he wants to start. Is he a 7 though or just a 6?
    Last edited by Titslover; 26-03-24 at 07:24 PM.

Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I am a bit bemused by the commentary on the Titans attack. The narrative seems to be that we have plenty of points in us but we need to work on our defence and that Des was going to fix it. I have seen quotes from Des saying that he wasn’t going to change the attack much as he has bought the narrative.
    I think we have the ability to score off the cuff points and long range tries but our options inside the opposition 30 are awful. We just hit it up and then bomb. If Des is happy with our attack then we had better start looking for a new messiah.
    I was hoping this post would age badly but, sadly, not.
    There is NO creativity in our half’s inside the opposition 20 and so far I have seen nothing from the Guru/Mad Scientist to suggest he will be able to make whatever changes are required.

I feel we are the rugby league version of Monty Python’s dead parrot, wouldn’t voom if you put 10,000 volts in us.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

ozynortsadamus

First Grader

Titans fans have been told to ‘settle down’ with regards to the criticism after the club started the season with two demoralising games.

Titans fans have been told to focus on the positives and not criticise coach Des Hasler after the club started the season with two demoralising games.

Gold Coast were smashed in the opening round by the Dragons only to be handed an even bigger loss against the Bulldogs last Saturday.

Chairman Dennis Watt said despite the losses, the club still back Hasler 100 per cent.

“We are all disappointed in the way we have started obviously,” Watt said.

“We have a premiership coach in Des Hasler and Tino said on Saturday when he was being assessed that we have the best coach.

“I think there is a lot of things in place that will ensure long term success.

“He (Hasler) has a track record of taking on new groups and being successful with them.

“I have been around the game for a long time and I can’t fault the effort from the coaching staff.

“The extraordinary attention to detail, the connection among the players, there is a lot there.

“Be patient, we have some tremendous young players coming through.

“I am very confident about the club going forward.”

The Titans lost there influential leader during the 32-0 loss to the Bulldogs, with skipper Tino Fa’asuamaleaui rupturing his ACL.

Watt said it is a big loss but it gives other players the chance to step up.

“He had his knee operation yesterday (Thursday) and apparently that went as successful as it could be,” Watt said.

“He will be back around the club in a leadership capacity for the rest of the season.

“But he is a big loss but you know others will step up, others will take the challenge and take more minutes for the club.

“There are players there who weren’t getting as many minutes as they would have liked, but they now have a great opportunity.

I know they are responding that way as well.
    Get the f out of here hahahahahahha, If the playing group feels like that just because Tino went down they should all be gone. It's not Des most of us are off already, It's everything else about the club. v The club just completely stops uploading any press conferences when we are in a slump to hide any questions being answered they don't want fans to know. In the Mitchell thing he talked about 24 rounds to go, On ch9 news he talked about building a squad for the future seasons.

We're having all time bad start Dennis.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 29-03-24 at 11:14 AM.

Am I the only one who doesn’t really see an issue with Watt’s comments?

The opening two paragraphs (journo’s words not actual quotes) make it sound like he’s about to put us all in the time out corner but the following quotes are just meh really. Not like he’s going to come out and tell us the sky is falling everyone panic

We still dooming?

I’m not tipping us to win much this season tbh but we are moving on to new philosophies. We will take a minute to get it right

Only thing I’d like is for more development players to be called up and develop for the future

Yep T0ken that’s about spot on … of course we all know what happens when the boss says he’s got your back :-) just saying. Des is fine until R10 then we’ll see where we’re at.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Yeah nah I’m in the disgusted camp.
    Round 1 and 2 are worth the same as the last two rounds.
    Every game should be respected and these clowns couldn’t even be mildly respectable against the very lowly St Merge and Dogs.

Playing down vomit soaked in diarrhoea as nothing to see here is an insult.

MINI GF tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Mini GF View Post
    Yeah nah I’m in the disgusted camp.
    Round 1 and 2 are worth the same as the last two rounds.
    Every game should be respected and these clowns couldn’t even be mildly respectable against the very lowly St Merge and Dogs.

Playing down vomit soaked in diarrhoea as nothing to see here is an insult.

MINI GF tomorrow
    Ok bud

I still think we should be talking about our dog awful conditioning program. Players dropping left and right and still cant maintain a game speed of 100% for 7 minutes which is what the top teams are aiming for now.

Des has definitely blunted our attack though I’ll give you that. Until a true creative playmaker like weaver is ready for the big time we won’t be getting anything going

Damn I just got called “bud”.

Rep Player

Call him Mr Buds

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Call him Mr Buds

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Call him Mr Buds
    Well Mr Buds at least is not condescending so I’m happy to roll with it (no bud pun intended)