Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Just a thought. I wonder whether it would be worthwhile to propose to Tweed, that their Reserve grade team be a Titans contracted Under 21 side comprising players who are over 19 and under 21 excluding any NRL or QCup players.

I am of the view that as much a possible, we need to keep Titans JTS pathway players who don’t make the huge jump to QCup or NRL at 20 within the Titans contracted stable and playing as a group over a full season rather than having them dispersed over many clubs and potentially losing touch with the Titans. I

Players often develop later and a good example is the Penrith 2021 Jersey Flegg team where 7 players have made NRL.

I just see it as being another pathway to NRL which could see more of our juniors staying within the Titans system and there have been players (Munro from Souths as an example) who has gone from Jersey Flegg to NRL in the same season.

First Grader

I get a bit confused with the age eligibility but a lot of those flegg guys at Penrith that have ended up debuting in the NRL were playing up in age, Munro has just turned 19 in December and went back to cup but he was playing 3 years up, Katoa, Puru, Jenkins were all well under 21 when they were in Flegg , I think you actually mean like Hosking, Woolford type of players.

Jayden Wright and Nona are still at Tweed and a lot of them have former JTS experience. Tweeds players missing Q Cup need game time as well in A grade. There's also kids who need to spend time in A grade before Q Cup who would potentially start getting blocked.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 01-02-24 at 08:47 AM.

First Grader

Tino, Fifita, Moe, Fermor and Brimmo invited to the extended QLD training camp this weekend. Awesome for Fermor, hopefully that gives him a lot of confidence coming back from the ACL.
    Last edited by Titslover; 02-02-24 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Tino, Fifita, Moe, Fermor and Brimmo invited to the extended QLD training camp this weekend. Awesome for Fermor, hopefully that gives him a lot of confidence coming back from the ACL.
    So stoked for Fermor. That squad is loaded with edge forwards but at his best he's every chance

- - - Updated - - -

On another note - NSWRL have just launched NSWRL TV where you can watch all of HM, SG, Flegg, NSW Cup, as well as Andrew Johns Cup + all of their woman's comps through an app. Really clean UI. Keen to see how it goes.

QRL meanwhile have managed to run their QRL plus service into the ground and don't seem to have a 2024 solution.

The gap between these comps is already wide enough when it comes to the quality of the football, contribution to NRL pathways, and the overall product from a consumer POV - it seems NSWRL is widening that gap in most other aspects too. Except for Origin, of course..ha

But seriously QRL, get it together

But seriously Ben Ikin, get it together.

PVL, Abdo & Co are just chewing him up, just like (dare I mention them) K. Humphries and/or K. Arthurson. It took a Queensland senator to break that stranglehold together with a cracking (pun intended) ex Australian centre/wing to carry on the good work.

Of course he did play for Manly which would have helped but we have gone down hill ever since, except for Origin, of course ... lol-me-off.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Free Trial for 2 weeks on NSWRLTV, NR Titans 16s are playing with the 18s to come at 10.20 if anyone's bored with Mccombie, Waldock and Smith playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Free Trial for 2 weeks on NSWRLTV, NR Titans 16s are playing with the 18s to come at 10.20 if anyone's bored with Mccombie, Waldock and Smith playing.
    Thanks mate

McCombie should carve up that level

First Grader

Well.. Don't watch the 16s if you don't want flashbacks to our second half crumbles

https://www.qrl.com.au/contentassets...al_digital.pdf

I had to laugh at the QRLs annual report about streaming, There's a little bit on 43 praising their growth then nothing else.

First Grader

Any news on whether Mal is saddling up again in some position for the club this year or have we sent him out to pasture

First Grader

https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/02/0...he-gold-coast/

Probably the best article on us I've seen in the preseason about what Des could/should bring.

CM reporting what we already knew - Dave & JC racing the clock to be fit for R1.

I think Dave will make it, but I doubt JC does. Expect Keano to be fullback R1.

First Grader

I wonder if Kini kills it, will Des consider keeping him there. An entire pre-season training there over JC could give Des a bit to think about

Hardly a plodder in the #1 for any club at the moment ... a golden age for fullbacks, courtesy of Billy Slater (with a nod to one William Zillman).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkn5...yeRoundPodcast

These changes seem way bigger then the kick off/drop out ones. No more downtown is a huge change to the game (Looking at you Panthers) + Blockers are illegal on "interpretation". It's a penalty as soon as the kick is made as well. It's going to open up a bit more time and space + when forwards get tired it's going to get messy.

It's made more excited for our back 3 whoever it is with their speed and agility + I think our forwards suit the changes with their athleticism and fitness.

Article in GCB about Erin Clark being in court today:

"Prosecutor Abby Griffiths said Clark was pulled over on Gainsborough Drive at Pimpama on December 27 last year, where a licence check revealed his was demerit point-suspended."

$350 fine and license disqualified for 6 months.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...525475a9373ba5

He's a moron and this isn't good enough, but this feels like nothing compared to what we've endured over the years lol