Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkn5...yeRoundPodcast

These changes seem way bigger then the kick off/drop out ones. No more downtown is a huge change to the game (Looking at you Panthers) + Blockers are illegal on "interpretation". It's a penalty as soon as the kick is made as well. It's going to open up a bit more time and space + when forwards get tired it's going to get messy.

It's made more excited for our back 3 whoever it is with their speed and agility + I think our forwards suit the changes with their athleticism and fitness.
    Just caught up on this. Really interesting. Downtown change could be huge and completely changes how you coach kick chase + 1. You just know it's going to be called on some teams unfairly though with how much ref interpretation is required and I'll be curious to see if they loosen up on it as the season progresses.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Article in GCB about Erin Clark being in court today:

"Prosecutor Abby Griffiths said Clark was pulled over on Gainsborough Drive at Pimpama on December 27 last year, where a licence check revealed his was demerit point-suspended."

$350 fine and license disqualified for 6 months.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...525475a9373ba5

He's a moron and this isn't good enough, but this feels like nothing compared to what we've endured over the years lol
    Just when we thought we got through the off season unscathed. lol. Agree it was a moronic thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Article in GCB about Erin Clark being in court today:

"Prosecutor Abby Griffiths said Clark was pulled over on Gainsborough Drive at Pimpama on December 27 last year, where a licence check revealed his was demerit point-suspended."

$350 fine and license disqualified for 6 months.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...525475a9373ba5

He's a moron and this isn't good enough, but this feels like nothing compared to what we've endured over the years lol

Saw the Facebook post about this with some caption of “Titans player shared a message to adoring young fans after being sentenced”, and couldnt agree more, my youngest son Timothy was so heartbroken at the news of his favourite player Erin Clark having a driving misdemeanour that he actually just threw his brand new Gold Coast Titans jersey he got for chrissy with the #17 on the back to represent his favourite player Clark in the bin. He’s now gone and locked himself in his room and is bawling his eyes out into the Titans duvet set + Erin Clark plush toys one of my wife’s boyfriends got him, think he’s also torn down the posters of Erin off his wall and is wiping his tears with them. Thanks a lot for your careless actions Erin, not impressed.
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 07-02-24 at 07:01 PM.

As poor a look as Clark's behaviour was, probably akin with his on-field errors, I feel on a scale out of 10 for misdemeanours where 10 is the Hayne Pain, then this is a 5.

Hey NZT, truly sympathise ole fruit but maybe you can turn it into a positive, one Keano Kini might be a better long-term investment.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

My dad just called me from jail (doing 30 years for selling fentanyl to kids) in disgust at what Erin has done, There's nothing to do but have Pahulu take his spot.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Saw the Facebook post about this with some caption of “Titans player shared a message to adoring young fans after being sentenced”, and couldnt agree more, my youngest son Timothy was so heartbroken at the news of his favourite player Erin Clark having a driving misdemeanour that he actually just threw his brand new Gold Coast Titans jersey he got for chrissy with the #17 on the back to represent his favourite player Clark in the bin. He’s now gone and locked himself in his room and is bawling his eyes out into the Titans duvet set + Erin Clark plush toys one of my wife’s boyfriends got him, think he’s also torn down the posters of Erin off his wall and is wiping his tears with them. Thanks a lot for your careless actions Erin, not impressed.
    You have kids? I thought you were gay.

Interview with Steve Mitchell that gives some more insight on the Des regime:

https://www.4bc.com.au/podcast/we-ma...or-their-fans/

I see dynasty sports preview the warriors heritage jersey for this year with the collar. It would be unreal if we could get a decent heritage jersey with a collar. I’ve been looking for our heritage jersey from 08/09 with the collar for sale but so hard to find.

Well I'll be, QRL have relaunched Qplus TV. Looks like they've moved away from cluch.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2024/02/...-to-entertain/

I'll give Ikin my apology when I see how it runs after a few rounds

Now all they need to do is properly promote it. Should be doing 50% off if you're a member of a QLD based NRL club or something, but of course that would mean working with the NRL which doesn't seem to be QRL's go

First Grader

At just $40 when purchased prior to March 10 with promo code ‘QRL2024’, the season pass represents great value for money.
    I'm jumping on that deal. NSWRLTV is actually pretty terrible compared to what this looks like, It's only got two SG and Matts games a week and 3 NSW Cup games, They pretty much inflate the numbers with Daley and Johns + the two womans comps cup to get to 260 compared to this which is 400 here in the better comps.

I'm jumping on that deal. NSWRLTV is actually pretty terrible compared to what this looks like, It's only got two SG and Matts games a week and 3 NSW Cup games, They pretty much inflate the numbers with Daley and Johns + the two womans comps cup to get to 260 compared to this which is 400 here in the better comps.
    Yeah $40 for entire season is good value. Would end up costing less than attending even just a few games throughout the season too.

- - - Updated - - -

First trial squad will be named next week. Anyone want to take a guess at who they think will be named?

I’ll go first: from the top 36 take off the indispensable Difita, JC, Tino, Mofo and Foz plus AKP and Alick then all the rest of the pre-season stayers will get a run.

First Grader

I think it's capped at 28 players so we need to fit the 3 T&T guys if thats the plan (They might not be included?), I'd personally add Jolliffe, Keenan and Randall if we had to rest more because we know what we're getting and they should be in the 17 and there's a spot or two on the bench for a forward.

I wouldn't be surprised at a strong team though, New systems, combinations and there's a few guys who are aren't to far of the others like Kelly, Des will probably want to see a half or so to see what needs working on.

It will be interesting how they split the minutes up, there's a lot of guys who probably should get a bit of time to prove themselves if it's a fresh start. The forwards are fine but fitting all the backs in to actually get enough time will be really hard.

Alick ankle injury and will miss All Stars.

I think it's capped at 28 players so we need to fit the 3 T&T guys if thats the plan (They might not be included?), I'd personally add Jolliffe, Keenan and Randall if we had to rest more because we know what we're getting and they should be in the 17 and there's a spot or two on the bench for a forward.

I wouldn't be surprised at a strong team though, New systems, combinations and there's a few guys who are aren't to far of the others like Kelly, Des will probably want to see a half or so to see what needs working on.

It will be interesting how they split the minutes up, there's a lot of guys who probably should get a bit of time to prove themselves if it's a fresh start. The forwards are fine but fitting all the backs in to actually get enough time will be really hard.
    I reckon they'll include both Sikahele and Ngamanu as T&T guys but thats it. I'm expecting Des to rest any likely starter for R1 (including Keano) and field a back 5 of JDG, Francis, HSS, Jojo and Maumalo or something. Middles they'll have to include some guys with runs on the board or we'll just get pumped there and it'll be detrimental to the rest. Maybe a Stimson or even Liu there to give some guidance to Liyou, Iszac Fa'a, etc. Pahulu should be there too. Edges write themselves really - anyone that isn't Fifi or Fermor will get a run.

But this is just an absolute guess, it's Des after all so expect the unexpected lol