Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Both Lofi and Jojo injured. Great.

Edit nvm lofi is up, get him off pls

What was the Jojo injury please?

They said a leg injury. I didn't listen to a lot of commentary after that so I am not sure if they said later how bad or if he is ok. Maybe someone else might have more information.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Des interview
    Classic Des. Anybody think the branding on his shirt is overly large ... it looks like children's wear to me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

‘They just want to play’: Hasler on Trial 1 v Dolphins
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2024/...-1-v-dolphins/
    Titans coach Des Hasler has shared his excitement of rugby league returning when the Gold Coast face the Dolphins in Trial 1 at Sunshine Coast Stadium.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

'I'm really excited': Tino shares thoughts on Titans' young brigade
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2024/...young-brigade/

Titans captain Tino Fa'asuamaleaui will be proudly watching on from the sidelines this Sunday as the next generation of Gold Coast talent face off against a near full-strength Dolphins outfit at Sunshine Coast Stadium.

In what will be new coach Des Hasler's first game in charge, the experienced mentor has given the opportunity to 15 players yet to play NRL - including seven train-and-trialists and four development rookies to impress in the club's first trial.

Titans.com.au sat down with the skipper to share his thoughts on this weekend's hit-out that will feature Gold Coast's department of youth.

Do you remember your first NRL trial – tell us about it?
    TF: I certainly do. I think it was on my 18th birthday actually against the Warriors over in Rotorua. It was a good learning curve… Sam Lisone at the time was against me and a few other big hitters. It was a good experience, taught me a lot and it was great to get my first taste of NRL.

What are you expecting to see from the young boys this week?
    TF: Just a lot of effort and them working hard. Hoping to see a defensive mentality. It’ll be good to see the young boys have a crack and there’s a lot of feeder boys who trained really hard before Christmas and I think it’ll be good to see them have their crack. I’m really excited… it’s going to be good.

Who are some of the players you are most keen to see play?
    TF: Josiah Pahulu is going to be a big one… he’s been ripping in this pre-season. All the boys have been good, but as a fellow middle I’m really excited to watch how he’ll go and I can’t wait to see him run out there for his first crack.

How proud are you to see the number of train and trial and development boys getting a game this week?
    TF: I think it’s very good. They had their train and trial time finish just after Christmas, but it’s good to reward all the hard work that they’ve done before, especially since going back to their feeder teams. That can sometimes go unnoticed, so it’s good they’re getting a crack to showcase what they can do in the NRL.

Do you think this weekend will make you excited for next week and the season – especially with the talent the Titans have in the wings?
    TF: Yeah, it definitely does me make me excited. It’s also a good reminder that Round 1 isn’t too far away so next week when we're all back on deck will be a good hit-out before the season opener as we prepare to face the Dragons at home.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Seth out of trial, Joe Vuna in lol

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    They said a leg injury. I didn't listen to a lot of commentary after that so I am not sure if they said later how bad or if he is ok. Maybe someone else might have more information.
    He was on the field at the after match presentation with what appeared to be strapping on his left thigh. Hopefully only a cork or slight strain but as you said there has been no further details.

Read on the nrl website it was just a cork and he was taken off precautionary

Ill try find the link

Locked in: Former Titan returns for Dolphins trial
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2024/...olphins-trial/

Former Titan Joe Vuna will rejoin the Gold Coast for this Sunday's trial with the forward brought into the squad to face the Dolphins.

Joining the Tweed Seagulls in 2024 after playing 11 NRL games for the club between 2021-2023, he returns in place of young development rookie Seth Nikotemo who has been rested.

Match: Dolphins v Titans
    ROUND 1 - SUNDAY 18TH FEBRUARY

In the first game of 2024 and for new coach Des Hasler, the experienced mentor has given the opportunity to 17 uncapped Titans to impress, turning to youth with eight train-and-trialists and three development rookies joining a number of other rising NRL players in the 22-man side against a near full-strength opposition.

Kick-off is at 5.15pm (AEST) Sunday at Sunshine Coast Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Read on the nrl website it was just a cork and he was taken off precautionary

Ill try find the link
    Here
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/01/01/...s-and-details/

Fifita meanwhile suffered a cork and was removed from the field as a precaution.

"Instead of keeping [Fifita] out there, we understand there is a big season ahead, so I just took him off and left him on the sidelines for the rest of the game," Blair said post-match.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 17-02-24 at 09:02 PM.

Dead set how is Joe Vuna getting a run? We're going to get beat by 60 at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Dead set how is Joe Vuna getting a run? We're going to get beat by 60 at this rate.
    Honestly we prob will

I think it's more about seeing how certain guys step up individually to the physicality/pace and apply the focus points of pre-season. The rest of the guys are just low-risk collateral to fill gaps. Don't think Des and co really care about final score

First Grader

Buzz article in today’s DT. Oh dear

SHOOSH

The Adam Reynolds v Patrick Carrigan wrestling match wasn’t the only off-season fight between teammates. Two big names from another club — not far away from Brisbane — apparently had a physical disagreement at a recent training session. And it wasn’t the Dolphins.

At "a recent training session" is a lot different from a Brisbane Valley nightclub bonding session. I would hope the boys are getting antsy in opposed sessions this late in the pre-season.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.