Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast

This offseason is such a different vibe

We aren’t chasing any players to complete the team and are locked in with our guys to step up to the next level

Only contentious offseason chat is who is the halfback between Tanah and Weaver and who is the fullback between brimmo, kini and JC

Imo brimmo right centre, JC fullback and kini one more year of cup / backup the boys. Weaver is my halfback I think he’s ready to begin his cherry evans story arc

Very much agree with the vibe change ... although the squad has all the deficiencies mentioned ad nauseum to me there is a feeling of continuity and progression: not just the hype around our new coaching team but more importantly regarding the club's general demeanour and the squad's camaraderie.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

It's really exciting and it's a breath of fresh air. Feels like the first day of school, especially looking at the photos of the players showing up for pre-season.

We saw this year how injuries can cruel us. Sometimes that can't be helped. But hoping players can heal up and not carry injuries into 2024.

Hope we can improve our fitness and of course defence is going to be the underlined priority.

Really wish I could get down to see some training. Maybe during the season next year.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans announce partnership with Rockhampton Grammar School

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...r-partnership/

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Titans announce partnership with Rockhampton Grammar School

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...r-partnership/
    Good move. I still think we should form a partnership with Ipswich High who have a great system and rich area for talent

Anyone attend training today?

Psmitty

The pictures from training today I didn’t realise how fit Josiah pahulu was. He looks ready for first grade very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    The pictures from training today I didn’t realise how fit Josiah pahulu was. He looks ready for first grade very soon
    Yep he’s an athletic lad. Still only 19 too. Plenty of physical development in him

Last edited by Hail Sezer; 07-11-23 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    With the talk of him being a 13 long-term I bet Des sees him as his Watmough 2.0.

Rep Player

Yep he’s an athletic lad. Still only 19 too. Plenty of physical development in him

Bit of a unit

The more I try and make my own starting 17 for 2024, the more I keep chopping and swapping out players. I've never found it this difficult to make a judgement on who plays where, etc. Unsure if that's a good or bad thing.

@mdrew - what do you know about Jack Garrod mate? I see he's a Nudgee boy that Penrith recruited into their system, seems to have played everywhere from middle to backrow to centres.

Immortal

@mdrew - what do you know about Jack Garrod mate? I see he's a Nudgee boy that Penrith recruited into their system, seems to have played everywhere from middle to backrow to centres.
    About the same as you mate, I have only seen a little bit of footage, looks to have some decent size and speed but his days in the backs are surely gone. I have not seen an offload and looks a straight running front rower with a decent engine.

First Grader

The guy I'm excited about is Leapai jnr. I don't know if minutes are kept on players in school to judge his fitness (I saw him running over people every game no matter the time to be fair on the youtube) but his boxing matches make me think he actually has some serious cardio. They're only 5x2 but he's way heavier then now in his fights but has serious cardio + only 15/16 at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH6AssxH_xw&t=10s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taEVzhbhERM - Pangais younger brother at the Raiders, who's a way better boxer then his brother.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 08-11-23 at 06:20 PM.