Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

interview with Keenan Palasia today

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2024/...lture-palasia/

Mentions Josiah Pahulu as his pre-season standout, alongside Beau Fermor (makes mention of how well he's returned from his ACL injury).

Few observations on the return to pre-season:

Kaleb Ngamanu still training with the NRL squad
    Vaka Sikahele returns to training from the rehab group

I’m not even sure if I should obsess over the position where players train this offseason because of the notorious Hasler mind games

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    I’m not even sure if I should obsess over the position where players train this offseason because of the notorious Hasler mind games
    Yeah mate I'm paying little attention. He's got every OB training both sides anyway

First Grader

Man we're a boring club right now in a good way.

https://twitter.com/9NewsGoldCoast/s...54941859987706

https://news.griffith.edu.au/2023/10...ths-and-stats/

I'm sure we have had people doing this before but this guy sounds very competent in the field going off his past. Considering the turn around in the girls last season it could be a handy pick up.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 13-01-24 at 05:47 AM.

I’m sure you’ve all seen it but courier mail reporting Brimmo starting season in centres as expected

So I’m guessing brimmo and Kelly are going to be the centres.. I saw the article on the daily telegraph but couldn’t read it..

I don't read anything into this but just point it out.

Tyson Walker, Sam's younger brother, a member of our affiliate club, the Jets, is off to the Roosters who the CM report are a feeder club for the soft Coqs.

The CM were very quick to point out the Bears traitorous behaviour but nothing on behalf of us ... typical.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Roosters are still their affiliate with us, We're much more QRL based and Politis funds everything else it sounds like.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 12-01-24 at 10:26 PM.

First Grader

Do we think there’s a chance it will be Kini 1, JC 6, Foran 7? Or is it safe to say JC will be our 1 and at best Kini will be on the bench. Just from what I’ve seen in photos and media Des is talking to Kini a lot, I have a feeling he’s a big fan of Kini.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Do we think there’s a chance it will be Kini 1, JC 6, Foran 7? Or is it safe to say JC will be our 1 and at best Kini will be on the bench. Just from what I’ve seen in photos and media Des is talking to Kini a lot, I have a feeling he’s a big fan of Kini.
    I just cant see Des having a team without a designated kicker, someone who can just bomb to the corners safely and boot it downfield, and Tanah is the only one in the squad at the moment who can fulfill that role. The marketing team does make it seem likely that Kini will push for the 1 Jersey sometime this season.

I think Weaver is strongly in the picture. Behind that forward pack and his defense is not great but is courageous. Keeping him low key reads like a Des type of ploy.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I'm happy to see Des declaring Brimmo early for a move to the centres. We need him on the field. And I'm sure he will get stronger in the position. He can create a lot of magic out there with setting up tries and support play. And with how footy goes, he will be there ready to move into key positions when needed. It also cuts a lot of the "what if" "will he, won't he" speculation. This is what we are going with and let's see it run the course. As Cowabunga says, it's good to be a boring team, in some ways.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

His defence will be the biggest benefit. Plus having JC on all game for attack.
    Psmitty

First Grader

Brimmo on Keegan and Co podcast

Not a bad listen, talks about des and the training. Has a bit about kini also