Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Alick ankle injury and will miss All Stars.
    That sucks, poor bloke

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I reckon they'll include both Sikahele and Ngamanu as T&T guys but thats it. I'm expecting Des to rest any likely starter for R1 (including Keano) and field a back 5 of JDG, Francis, HSS, Jojo and Maumalo or something. Middles they'll have to include some guys with runs on the board or we'll just get pumped there and it'll be detrimental to the rest. Maybe a Stimson or even Liu there to give some guidance to Liyou, Iszac Fa'a, etc. Pahulu should be there too. Edges write themselves really - anyone that isn't Fifi or Fermor will get a run.

But this is just an absolute guess, it's Des after all so expect the unexpected lol
    Do you mean Round 1 or first trial?

Surely we pick a first grade side for the game against the dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    That sucks, poor bloke

- - - Updated - - -

Do you mean Round 1 or first trial?

Surely we pick a first grade side for the game against the dragons
    First trial, I mentioned R1 because I don’t think any of the firming R1 selections will play in first trial. I.e. in the first trial he’ll rest any likely R1 starters.

Maybe I didn’t word it well haha

I’d hope he picks a first grade squad for round 1 of the comp

First Grader

Only reason I expect a stronger side is because Des ran out Turbo, Chez, Foz and basically everyone in the first trial in 22 (cbf checking further), That's why I have no idea what we're getting and expect more starters then usual. I'd be doing the same but like you said, Wtf is going in Des's head.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 10-02-24 at 11:38 AM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I’d hope he picks a first grade squad for round 1 of the comp
    You and me both lol

Psmitty

I enjoy listening to bloke but there's not much more painful in the podcast world than Guru name-dropping random junior players he's never watched and regurgitating his googled info on them like it's first hand. I'd say they're still the most entertaining RL pod though

- - - Updated - - -

little bit of pre-trial media for Tommy Weaver -

Weaver wants to solve Titans' home-grown No.7 conundrum

Tom Weaver is aiming to defy history and become the first home-grown Gold Coast half to win a premiership with the Titans.

The 20-year-old has been in the Titans system since he was 14, and graduated from powerhouse league school Palm Beach Currumbin (PBC) High .

Weaver will get a chance to push his claim to dislodge current No.7 Tanah Boyd when he plays halfback in the club's NRL pre-season trial against the Dolphins at the Sunshine Coast on Sunday.

The Gold Coast is a proven breeding ground for quality halves but many have either not played for the Titans or have failed to kick on when given the chance.

Former PBC halves Cody Walker and Tom Dearden made their name elsewhere in the NRL.

Kane Elgey, also a PBC alumni, retired at a young age.

Another off the school's production line, Toby Sexton had high hopes of being a long-term Titans No.7 but struggled before moving to Canterbury.

Boyd, who attended Keebra Park High in nearby Southport, is the current halfback, but he has yet to put an indelible stamp on the position.

Weaver, who played three NRL games last year, is keen to make his mark.

"Definitely the end goal for me is to be a one-club player here on the Gold Coast," Weaver said.

"I went for the Titans as a junior, came here when I was 14 and went through the whole system.

"To play my whole career here and bring the first premiership here would be massive.

"I don't really look at the boys who came before me and left. If I focus on me, and what I can control, it will put me in good stead going forward.

"You see players come in and get their opportunity really early, don't take it, and then get spat out the back door - but having Foz (Kieran Foran), Tanah and (coach) Des Hasler here and learning from them is only going to prolong my career.

"I am happy to bide my time and wait a little bit. Then when I get my opportunity, take it."

The reality is that foundation Titans captain and No.7 Scott Prince, an import, remains hands down the greatest half in the club's history.

https://www.examiner.com.au/story/8518492/weaver-wants-to-solve-titans-home-grown-no7-conundrum/

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2024/...e-to-play-nrl/

HSS expecting to start in centres this weekend

@MaroonTitan your team list guess is looking pretty solid at this point mate

Feeder team allocations:

2024 allocations

Ipswich Jets

Tanah Boyd
    Jaylan De Groot
    Beau Fermor
    David Fifita
    Ryan Foran
    Moeaki Fotuaika
    Arama Hau
    Alofiana Khan-Pereira
    Isaac Liu
    Ben Liyou
    Ken Maumalo
    Seth Nikotemo
    Josiah Pahulu
    Phil Sami
    Aaron Schoupp
    Harley Smith-Shields
    Joe Stimson
    Sam Verrills

Tweed Seagulls
    Jacob Alick
    AJ Brimson
    Oskar Bryant
    Jayden Campbell
    Erin Clark
    Iszac Fa'asuamaleaui
    Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
    Jojo Fifita
    Kieran Foran
    Tony Francis
    Klese Haas
    Jaimin Jolliffe
    Brian Kelly
    Keano Kini
    Keenan Palasia
    Chris Randall
    Tom Weaver
    Ryder Williams

- - - Updated - - -

Divided up with the intention of getting the inexperienced guys a better chance of playing a full season in Cup by the looks
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 13-02-24 at 12:15 PM.

First Grader

The only one I'm a bit surprised at is Tannah with the Jets due to the competition between him and Weaver, I would've thought it'd just be a straight swap with Weaver to Tweed to get a better judgement between the two compared to the Jets if Tannah does get dropped.

It feels like being the halfback at Tweed will be a completely different task to being at Jets.

Lmao we’ve named a bunch who haven’t even trained with NRL since before Xmas break, alongside a Dev list that’s got 10 cup games between them and a few fringe guys.

Good lord. I’m looking forward to football but if we keep this one under 50 I’ll be surprised. Dolphins have named a nearly full strength NRL side

First Grader

hahaha the wild ride with Des begins. Most clubs have named a bunch of stars and we’re mainly made up of guys not in the top 30 Reading between the lines, Jojo not being in this team could mean hes a chance at the top 17, Stimson being captain of this side may mean he’s not looking likely.

Surprised DeGroot is aligned with the Jets. Maybe not happy about not getting much of a crack in QCup last year with the Seagulls?

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Surprised DeGroot is aligned with the Jets. Maybe not happy about not getting much of a crack in QCup last year with the Seagulls?
    Club chooses allocation, it’ll be because they’re more heavy on OB’s at Tweed and Keano drops back there if he’s not playing NRL

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    hahaha the wild ride with Des begins. Most clubs have named a bunch of stars and we’re mainly made up of guys not in the top 30 Reading between the lines, Jojo not being in this team could mean hes a chance at the top 17, Stimson being captain of this side may mean he’s not looking likely.
    Jojo is at the all stars now with BK and Keenan.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Jojo is at the all stars now with BK and Keenan.
    Ah yep my bad. Well bad omens for Schoupp and Maumalo