Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Default 2024 Season General Discussion Thread

2024 Season Discussion Thread

- - - Updated - - -

MyPayNow contract expires at the end of the 2023 season so hopefully they extend or the hierarchy have another business locked in

Thanks for starting the fresh thread, lonegull! Not long until the Des era begins, 1 Nov.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior

Sorry to start the thread of on a downer boys but we have severed ties with Keebra and linked up with the Ipswich Jets in the QCup

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Sorry to start the thread of on a downer boys but we have severed ties with Keebra and linked up with the Ipswich Jets in the QCup
    It's silly to expect good news consistently from this club. Not your fault.

Quite a bit of chat and clarification about the Keebra situation here for anyone who missed it:

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/sho...028#post445028

First Grader

What about the Titans linking up with Ipswich High. I may be wrong but I don’t think they are aligned with any NRL club. They won the national schoolboys championship last year, their football program is really good and they have some serious good talent. It would enable the Titans to extend their current reach with PBC on the Gold Coast. Marsden at Logan and Ipswich covering the Ipswich area.

First Grader

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2023/10/...k-with-titans/ Bit more about the Ipswich affiliate.

For those who don't want to watch, 4-6 players will be going up there each game and we'll be choosing who and where they play (Pahulu confirmed) + structures will be changing to a degree to fit in with our system but we'll also help them but the players and positions are a non negotiable it sounds like. Jets came to us once Burleigh BETRAYED us.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 12-10-23 at 12:58 PM.

From the photos online, Josiah Pahulu is looking in elite shape, wow, think he sneaks into the top 17 under Des.

Also, Brett Greinke looking handsomer than ever

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    What about the Titans linking up with Ipswich High. I may be wrong but I don’t think they are aligned with any NRL club. They won the national schoolboys championship last year, their football program is really good and they have some serious good talent. It would enable the Titans to extend their current reach with PBC on the Gold Coast. Marsden at Logan and Ipswich covering the Ipswich area.
    Mate this a good idea and maybe genius...I hope the powers to be are already sticking the deal

I’d be stunned if Keebra got an “exclusive” from Souffs, exclusive Goldie perhaps and haven’t they previously done similar deals with the Tigpies and the Dogs?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

South’s don’t have any other qld high schools I think so there’s nothing for keebra to be concerned about

I’m actually optimistic about the jets thing because my big complaint with Burleigh was they were not receptive to playing players where we wanted them played so if jets are going to collaborate like tweed are I think that’s good for us

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    South’s don’t have any other qld high schools I think so there’s nothing for keebra to be concerned about

I’m actually optimistic about the jets thing because my big complaint with Burleigh was they were not receptive to playing players where we wanted them played so if jets are going to collaborate like tweed are I think that’s good for us
    Agree on the Burleigh and Jets issue. It is also understood that Burleigh had different systems to the Titans which would have resulted in confusion for the players particularly those that played for both Titans and Burleigh. I understand that the Jets have intimated that they will have similar systems in place as the Titans which is the only logical way to go and can only benefit and not hinder the Titans

Palasia named at 13 for Samoa maybe he could play there for us he finished the season strong for the broncos

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Palasia named at 13 for Samoa maybe he could play there for us he finished the season strong for the broncos
    He started at 13 for the Broncos three times during the year. The rest of the time he was either on the interchange or prop. So not out of the question.
    Psmitty

First Grader

Agree With the Keenan stuff, Went back and watched him more once he got back into the Broncos team and he was playing 13 whenever Carrigan wasn't on the field or when he didn't play and was really good, Mixes his running and passing well + a very solid defender.

The Jets being horrible stuff needs context imo, They had no NRL players heading there + all the best talent in Ipswich is already swiped up by everyone so they don't get time at the Jets beyond MM, The other two teams with no NRL talent being sent are down the bottom as well with 3 wins each.

On QRL, Tweeds movements have been interesting, Wolff and Jacobs gone on top of Leeming and Vuna and Veve and Steadman have joined. It looks like Oskar will be the full time 9 with Nona potentially, Liyou will have a starting gig and JDG will take a spot on the left side so far.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 13-10-23 at 07:59 PM.