Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Brett White could just be getting screwed by head coaches but hiring a guy who got bought to the Titans to fix our defence when by every stat we were basically bottom 3 and then was involved with the Kangaroos getting smacked is an interesting call to me.

https://twitter.com/7NewsGoldCoast/s...10017672188135

Our first Dave sighting at training.

Tino got well and truly touched-up by Whitey in the banter stakes.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Some interesting stories from Sattler and Rat about the early days of the titans and what went on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry6HMhpZru0
    Psmitty

Good find Smitty, who could forget “horn & prawn” club fundraisers? If they’re lost to the game then we’re in big trouble lol.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    AJ to 6 and Jojo to centre

Kini isnít ready yet
    Mate Foran had a good year tbh and pretty sure Des is a fan

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Mate Foran had a good year tbh and pretty sure Des is a fan
    I think you’ve misunderstood. Obviously Foz will be our first choice 6. I was responding to Ausphin’s suggestion of Kini 1 and JC 6 when Foz goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Some interesting stories from Sattler and Rat about the early days of the titans and what went on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry6HMhpZru0
    Thanks for my morning listening psmitty!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hasler's new cultural masterpiece
    http://www.titans.com.au

Gold Coast coach Des Hasler has commissioned a masterpiece in the Titans gym to celebrate the vast number of cultures the club proudly boasts.

At 6.8 metres wide and 4.1 metres high, the new mural features the word welcome in 24 different languages and has become a popular installation at the Titans high performance centre.

That is due to it representing the many different player languages that exist across the Titans' NRL and NRLW playing squads.

This includes nine First Nations and Torres Strait cultures as well as representation from Pasifika, Papua New Guinean, Irish and Pakistani nations.

An initiative of Hasler upon his arrival to the Gold Coast, it has received plenty of endorsement from the playing squad as well as club community leaders such as Preston Campbell.

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Great initiative but a bit disappointing considering the groups we put through that there is no Chinese welcome ... nor Japanese for that matter :-(

Whilst having a gripe, this type of speculative assessment of our squad is so typical of Fox: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...b005dfaa6d85ee

Sure, we would all love Difita to score doubles every game but I think his efforts in 2023 were commendable plus he was carrying an injury. My criticism of 2023 wasn't our starting 13 at all but the lack of impact that our bench offered and the way the squad was rotated. Injuries didn't help and while Boyd might not be Thurston he certainly had a dig. Adding Palasia, Fermor with more of Joliffe and Verrills will help a lot.

Every one of Tino, Mofo, Jolliffe, Palasia, Difita, Fermor, Liu, Verrills and Randall are first 17 selections in most clubs and they are supported by a plethora of emerging talent and depth players.

The backs are little more perplexing but there is certainly enough talent and depth in the squad plus an experienced coach to balance the positional conundrums ... no excuses next season. Maybe not a premiership but certainly a top 8 finish should be within expectations.

Also I feel the argument that there is not enough talent for an 18th team has been answered. The quality of junior pathways across most of the NRL, supports it. I do add that relocating a Sydney team still should be in the mix (don't know which one though).
    Last edited by Titanic; 04-12-23 at 06:19 PM.

Pre season article on Oskar Bryant

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...ing-nrl-debut/

Pre season article on Zane Harrison and Sam Stephenson (both still at PBC for next year)

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...rl-pre-season/

First Grader

https://x.com/cmail_sport/status/173...9qQag9WjQgsa7A

Anyone have access to this? I imagine it just says Foran and Tanah but it’s funny that they’re trying to claim our halves pairing is set already

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    https://x.com/cmail_sport/status/173...9qQag9WjQgsa7A

Anyone have access to this? I imagine it just says Foran and Tanah but it’s funny that they’re trying to claim our halves pairing is set already

Des Hasler has made a Titanic selection call with Tanah Boyd set to get first crack at Gold Coast’s No.7 jersey in 2024.

Hasler has earmarked a halves pairing of Boyd at halfback alongside veteran five-eighth Kieran Foran to kick off his tenure as Titans coach next season.

The Titans finished last season with young gun Tom Weaver at halfback for the final three rounds after Boyd underwent shoulder surgery.

The club then underwent a change of coach following Justin Holbrook’s mid-season sacking, prompting suggestions Boyd’s position at halfback was in jeopardy.

Hasler is also weighing up how to use fullback hopefuls AJ Brimson and Jayden Campbell – who could both feature in the halves.

However Hasler is expected to show faith in Boyd and give the 60-game NRL regular an opportunity to prove he is Gold Coast’s answer at halfback.

Boyd, 23, is still on a modified training program and won’t join the rest of the squad in full contact until after the Christmas break.

But he is determined to make the No.7 jersey his own amid the rise of NSW under-19s Origin playmaker Weaver.

“I’ve got to come back in and show what I can do and do my job,” Boyd said.

“I’ll be pretty focused on playing halfback, that’s what I did last year, and I want to keep getting better and take us to the finals.

“You’ve got to have depth. You look at the good sides like Penrith, it’s next man up. You’ve got to have that to be successful.

“We’ve got blokes fighting for spots everywhere. It’s good, I love it.

“It keeps me wanting to get back out there and do my best.

“It’s always healthy and me and Tommy get along well.”

Boyd carried a painful shoulder injury for much of the 2023 season, but still managed to play 21 games before eventually going under the knife.

While his training has been restricted, the young playmaker has relished life under a two-time NRL premiership coach in Hasler so far.

“(The shoulder is) feeling really good, strong again and I’ll start doing some wrestle (now). I should be back to full training two weeks after Chrissy,” Boyd said.

“I’m loving him (Hasler). He is so passionate and gets us going before training.

“His detail is unbelievable, there’s so much coaching for us. It’s been so good. I only see good things for us.

“He rides us and if you don’t perform or train well, you get told. It’s been so good and that’s what we need.

“He’s already picked up a few things with me. That’s the good thing, he lets you know straight away.

“I can’t wait to learn off him. He’s been around for a very long time and seen it all.

“I know how much I can develop under him.”

First Grader

Cheers for posting mate!

So basically they had some quotes from Tanah they needed to use and made up some **** in the headline with absolutely no quotes from Des Man being a footy journo must be the easiest job in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Cheers for posting mate!

So basically they had some quotes from Tanah they needed to use and made up some **** in the headline with absolutely no quotes from Des Man being a footy journo must be the easiest job in the world
    Pretty much

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Boyd and Foran at 7 and 6 for R1 but this article confirms nothing more than we already knew really

Both Tanah Boyd and JC aren't even fully training with the main group yet.