Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Id have Jojo starting over Lofi on the left wing but I understand that’s prob not a popular opinion
    The way Lofi finished the season was pretty awful and his lack of involvement worrying to say the least. I felt the other players actually played away from him, so it's a yes from me HS.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I am genuinely curious why the media is running rampant with a lot of stories about us as a club this week? Like It feels non stop, and I am so glad to see the boys take the piss and defend one another. Even more so our CEO literally putting these rumours to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The way Lofi finished the season was pretty awful and his lack of involvement worrying to say the least. I felt the other players actually played away from him, so it's a yes from me HS.
    Me too. I want Lofi to earn his spot back based on his attitude and abilities in defence.

I'd clearly have Jojo and Kini ahead of Lofi on the left wing right now.

I assume that's a very unpopular opinion.

Lofi is a good winger who had a rough go at his debut year. He led the team in tries as a rookie iirc and he didn’t play every game

The only reason we had that many leads to choke is because Lofi would torch the hell outa the opposition.

But also teams might have more film on Lofi so maybe he’d have a sophomore slump hard to say

Personally I’d have Jojo at centre, left or right because Schoupp is a liability

First Grader

Talk of AJ at right centre appears to mean that Kelly is a lock for the left centre position. I thought AJ in fact would be more effective on the left side as that is the side of the field he played when at 6 which is was very good at and his breaks at fullback appear to come more down the left hand side of the field. Whilst Kelly had his moments last year, he is also guaranteed to have at least one howler each game.

I would be having a back 5 of:

1. JC
    2. Lofi (left)
    3. AJ (left)
    4. Jojo (right)
    5. Sami (right)

Hearing a bit of talk about pre-season so far. Sounds a bit different to previous years in terms of what is expected and more importantly tolerated out of the playing group and even coaching staff.

Apparently one of the younger boys on a T & T wasn't meeting base effort standards and was asked to leave already. Some coaches will just say whatever and keep the player around for their 8 week stint then say goodbye but it seems Des isn't accepting poor standards around those areas.

Longer days in general. More reps. More time at HQ for players and coaching staff instead of just completing what's required then heading off.

Really don't want to make this a pre-season hype post, but thought those were a few interesting insights into the regime so far.

First Grader

I'm not jaded enough yet not to get hyped for our first Des pre season and when the players say it's the hardest one I can actually believe them this year. I know we had a bigger pre season then previous ones under Holbrook last year but at least this one I can trust that we have a coach that knows what needs to be done to get us to a standard that's needed to be contenders, whether the group can do it is another thing.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 19-11-23 at 11:07 AM.

No better motivator than seeing people dismissed for not meeting standards … while managing big egos is an art form, pandering to them is a recipe for disaster, onya Des.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Hearing a bit of talk about pre-season so far. Sounds a bit different to previous years in terms of what is expected and more importantly tolerated out of the playing group and even coaching staff.

Apparently one of the younger boys on a T & T wasn't meeting base effort standards and was asked to leave already. Some coaches will just say whatever and keep the player around for their 8 week stint then say goodbye but it seems Des isn't accepting poor standards around those areas.

Longer days in general. More reps. More time at HQ for players and coaching staff instead of just completing what's required then heading off.

Really don't want to make this a pre-season hype post, but thought those were a few interesting insights into the regime so far.
    Great post thanks HS

Thats so good to hear HS, how exciting would it be to actually see a fit and disciplined Titans team for once? Do we dare to dream

First Grader

Thanks HS. That was a very good post and pleasing to hear. As others have said, not meeting standards should have consequences and hopefully will apply to all players in the squad. Not meeting meeting standards of a star player without consequences is just a recipe for disaster and i am sure that happened under Holbrook.

First Grader

That's a big one for me, Brett White got bought in to improve our defence and I still don't know if he made it better or worse which is a bad answer cause it's been horrible. Noone excelled under him, Our line speed was horrible, Our contact sucked. I think we were better in effort areas once Holbrook left but White has done nothing stats wise to make use any better to what Dymock did.

I'm trying to ignore the Kangaroos results but him being there for that with Mal is a red flag, Is it a Mal hire? Did the assistants get moved around or anything with Monaghan coming in? We've signed up everyone till 26 pretty much, it's up to the coaches to make the most of it, they've backed this squad.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 19-11-23 at 07:32 PM.

Hopefully this is a sign we finally have a coach with the balls to hold the club to account. Holbrook struck me as a coach that wanted to be best mates with everyone and was afraid of upsetting the apple cart.

Bit of positional experimentation going on at training by the looks

Latest IG video has Schoupp at left backrow, Jojo left centre, Lofi left wing