Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Personally, I don't believe in non-kicking halves but Foran did a lot for Fifita last year, seemingly. That's about it though.

Rep Player

Should’ve signed Shaun Johnson when I said to

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Should’ve signed Shaun Johnson when I said to
    He would be an improvement but I think he really needed to get back to Kiwi to rediscover his footy.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    He would be an improvement but I think he really needed to get back to Kiwi to rediscover his footy.
    Gold Coast is just a suburb of Auckland these days

First Grader

Tino has done his ACL and obviously out for the season

Hope he has a good recovery

If that’s not doom it’s certainly gloom. Here’s hoping for a full recovery.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Absolutely devastated for Tino.

Super bad for Tino and it's never nice to hear of injuries especially on this scale.

Please nobody take this the wrong way and to put a positive spin on this tragedy I actually think with Tino gone long term could provide some balance to this team (which has been on tilt).
    Should galvanise the group and the players will step up to plate and hopefully we see a more balanced effort and everyone doing their assigned jobs on the field. For me Tino has been trying to do way to much on the field (quantity over quality) and must have been constantly redlining.

So season isn't over in my eyes but we'll need every player in the group to do their bit and I feel we have a perfect coach for that duty.

Also I take it we can't get any salary cap relief for this?
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 24-03-24 at 02:58 PM.

Rep Player

This is a development year now so let’s use the opportunity to get as many minutes as possible into the likes of Pahulu

That team of nobodies we rolled out in week one of trials (against a near full strength Dolphins team) showed more heart, grit, fight, determination and pride in our jersey than what we shown in all games since. How none of of seniors or big lads, didn’t step up when Currun was standing over Kini, feeding it to him and mocking him for an extended period of time, is beyond me. I’d hope Des reply’s that footage over the video sessions with the forward pack

Yeah I didn't see Curran do it but I did see Mahoney do it to Kinni

First Grader

We need to not drop our heads and as a club we need to have the next man up mentality so that this season is not a write off. Cannot see Penrith if JFH or the Broncos with Hass writing off the season if either they ACL injuries. They would fight tooth and nail irrespective of the injury predicament. This is the mindset we need to have to instil resilience in the squad

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Super bad for Tino and it's never nice to hear of injuries especially on this scale.

Please nobody take this the wrong way and to put a positive spin on this tragedy I actually think with Tino gone long term could provide some balance to this team (which has been on tilt).
    Should galvanise the group and the players will step up to plate and hopefully we see a more balanced effort and everyone doing their assigned jobs on the field. For me Tino has been trying to do way to much on the field (quantity over quality) and must have been constantly redlining.

So season isn't over in my eyes but we'll need every player in the group to do their bit and I feel we have a perfect coach for that duty.
    My thoughts exactly, Ravs. Tino carries us every game. Hopefully he'll come back to a completely different side. Gives us time to work out who our captain is too.

Rep Player

Verrills is not a Des style hooker and I don’t see him lasting. Des loves a boring tacklebot distributor in the 9 so I think Randall will be there long term.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post

Also I take it we can't get any salary cap relief for this?
    Yeah I reckon you’ve got a good point there Ravs