Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... LastLast

Few that I think are worth commenting on. A lot of these guys we probably won't see in a Titans jersey again for 2024:

Jaylan getting some good praise and rightly so - he showed glimpses of what he can do. Can play. He hasn't had a chance to even play a full season at cup in his best position but should have that this year with Ipswich where I'm sure he'll shine. We've got a CO to keep him for 2025 but it wouldn't surprise me if he tried to find another opportunity if he wants to be a fullback.

Iszac F did really step up against that Dolphins pack and I know I've said it before, but that injury he was carrying most of last year really affected his output on the field and the subsequent drop-off in his performances even at cup level was clear as day. He'll keep improving - still only 22 which is a baby as far as middles go. Looks like he's added a pass and an offload to his game too. To keep turning up like that week on week in-season is the next challenge. We need all the middle depth we can get.

Josiah is Josiah. Still a 19 year old kid but he's well in frame for NRL. He'll get a run next week v Parra as well.

I've got Bryant ahead of Sikahele as a 9. But, Bryant only has 6 months to show he's worth extending beyond his one year Dev deal.

Have spoken on Arama, who I didn't expect to get through big minutes or go looking for work late in the game. He's got a long way to go but he's got some unique physical attributes and is a bit of a bully on the field. Needs to really improve some defensive detail but you could tell he enjoyed the challenge of taking on Kaufusi and he has way too much pride to be made to look like a b****, even if it's against an Origin level player.

Tommy took the game on and took moments into his own hands. That's what you want from a half. Looks bigger than last year but I'd like to see how he handles being tested defensively a bit more.

I thought Klese' effort areas were really good. Constantly moving off the ball, applying kick pressure, and he carried well too. Jury is still out on defending against shape and his contact there but most things he did he did well. Same edge so I'll quickly mention LOT favourite Schoupp who's effort areas were decent, even though he's got some ability-limitations.

Tony was used exactly how he should be. Exit sets, and early ball in try-scoring opportunities. Get him a chance to finish or get 1 on 1 with his opposite and go over or through them. He's a player who tends to get better as the season goes on so I'm expecting him to have a big year at Cup level and he should regularly be pushing for NRL.

HSS looked willing against arguably the best centre in the NRL. He didn't get much good ball but I hope he gets another run next week with some decent pill to see how he can play his role in shape. Exit set carries were really strong, finds his front well. On D he sticks really well and a few repeat efforts there were the highlight for me, as well as his decisiveness defending against shape. Would like to see him tested more at the latter which is where BK struggles.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 19-02-24 at 10:17 AM.

Can’t argue with any of that. My takeaway is that we are showing signs of some depth at last.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2024/...9LOIlzbbktWyIg

The club is hopeful that both Jojo and Alick will be available this week, keen to see the teamlist soon

Mo & Palasia starting props, Tino lock. Alick gets the start in the backrow alongside the return of Fermy. Rest of starting side as expected.

Randall, Joliffe, Clark and Haas on bench with a bunch of guys in extended including HSS, Jojo, Pahulu and Iszac F.

Liu injured, not to be confused with Liyou...who I'm assuming is also injured (again?)

Wouldn't put it past Des to completely swap things around somehow come kickoff either lol

Very excited to see how this weekend's trial will play out. I believe Dessie will swap things around again, but it's good to get an idea of how the team will look come the opening rounds. Shame Fifi and JC aren't fit yet, but I'd rather them not be rushed back and be at 110%.

First Grader

Oh i love it, Des has done well for his first genuine teamlist. Big fan of Alick over Haas, honestly my only concern is if Clark and Randall can both be in the side but maybe thats something Des wants to see in this game. Would personally swap Tino and Keenan too but not a big deal

Trial 2 team: Fermor among 17 Titans to return against Eels in Ipswich
    \
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2024/...ls-in-ipswich/

Beau Fermor will return for his first game of rugby league in 12 months as he prepares to line up against the Parramatta Eels on Sunday at North Ipswich Reserve.

The 25-year-old is one of 17 Titans who will play their first game under new coach Des Hasler after the Gold Coast's young brigade got their opportunity to shine against the Dolphins last weekend.

Seven of those 'teen Titans' will return for the club's second trial; with Klese Haas, Joe Stimson, Harley Smith-Shields, Tom Weaver, Jaylan De Groot, Iszac Fa'asuamaleaui and Josiah Pahulu all joining the remaining squad who watched from the sidelines on Sunday.

New recruit Keenan Palasia will line up at prop in his first showing, whilst Tino Fa'asuamaleaui moves to lock with Isaac Liu missing the clash due to a minor knee injury.

AJ Brimson will play his first game of 2024 at centre, with Keano Kini given the honour of wearing the No. 1 jersey in Jayden Campbell's absence.

The Titans will break a 14-year hiatus when they travel to Ipswich on Sunday, last playing there in 2010, and will hope for a similar result after triumphantly defeating the Broncos 52-0 in that trial.

Kick-off is at 4pm (AEST) on Sunday at North Ipswich Reserve.

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

It’s a shame we won’t see tony francis in this game.. thought he looked good out there.. good carries out and strong

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    That's gold. Much better in video. Got to let the journos know who is boss.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Will keep to my New Year’s resolution and not bag selections. Happy to see Schoupp not there although that could be his split melon. Happy to see HSS, IF and the other reruns. Mildly surprised not to see Hau but equally surprised to see Haas who is the #1 suspect in the Hendo-Zilly Award mystery. Nothing contentious in the 17 really. Alick gets a break and Clark is challenging Haas in the mystery thriller but hardly a shock. Can’t wait to see them go round.

And I have a prediction: Des plays the old combo this week out of respect for past services and wields the axe next week on our weakest links. Really can’t wait.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Will be interesting to see how Kelly Sami and lofi go this is the first time we have really good depth in the outside backs

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Will keep to my New Year’s resolution and not bag selections. Happy to see Schoupp not there although that could be his split melon. Happy to see HSS, IF and the other reruns. Mildly surprised not to see Hau but equally surprised to see Haas who is the #1 suspect in the Hendo-Zilly Award mystery. Nothing contentious in the 17 really. Alick gets a break and Clark is challenging Haas in the mystery thriller but hardly a shock. Can’t wait to see them go round.

And I have a prediction: Des plays the old combo this week out of respect for past services and wields the axe next week on our weakest links. Really can’t wait.
    What's the Hendo-Zilly Award mystery, T?

Lol the Hendo-Zilly award mystery. Refers to a time on here when we were smashing our heads against a wall whenever those two were being picked in the 17 each week. The David Mead to fullback and sack Carty era on here was really something.

Unfortunately, I remember that era.

Thanks HS.