Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    That left edge going to be v speedy if it's Fermor/HSS/Lofi + Kini playing out the back
    With Weaver feeding them

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    With Weaver feeding them
    This will be a good test of our defensive mettle and I am pretty interested in having another look at both HSS and Foxwell.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

I like the right side, Feels like they could really suit each others game with Alicks playmaking/offloading with AJ hanging off him or staying out to get everyone one on one, Should also open up Tannahs running game compared to last year, Eels will be a good edge to go against to see where they are defensively.

Keenan said yesterday that Kini was reminding him of Walsh on the sweep plays at trainin

First Grader

What is the history of Foxwell. Looked good last week

First Grader

Very surprised HSS is starting over Jojo

First Grader

Foxwell was at Redcliffe as a junior but didn't make QRL there, BRL premier in 2022 who got signed from that to Wynum but couldn't get the starting gig so went to Ipswich, did pre season till Christmas with the Roosters.

I think I read somewhere he took the year off the Covid year after playing junior reps at Reddy because he was over footy, then came back through BRL etc like Cowa says. I assume by QRL he means Qcup

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I think I read somewhere he took the year off the Covid year after playing junior reps at Reddy because he was over footy, then came back through BRL etc like Cowa says. I assume by QRL he means Qcup
    Apparently he won the BRL player of the year in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Apparently he won the BRL player of the year in 2022
    Here’s some highlights from that season

First time I think I’ve ever seen a halves highlights clip include them making tackles lol

Turn the volume right up on this one T and maybe put the windows down, right up your alley
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 23-02-24 at 05:35 PM.

First Grader

Still scratching my head about HSS starting over Jojo, really hope it's just due to his injury or that there will be a late change. Jojo is an absolute unit, he looks just as big as Keenan in this photo and is one of the fastest in the club.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3eJABdr...RlODBiNWFlZA==

His size and hit ups coming out of trouble is exactly what we need in the outside backs, I'm happy to give Kelly and AKP a chance to start but he should be next cab off the rank. I would hate to lose him to another club if we don't give him a decent chance, I reckon he's got such massive potential.

lol@hs nice seeing the old Wests Panthers jersey go round … music was fugging awesome … not. Gave me the creeps, like Wayne Bennett pulling his g string on back to front.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Still scratching my head about HSS starting over Jojo, really hope it's just due to his injury or that there will be a late change. Jojo is an absolute unit, he looks just as big as Keenan in this photo and is one of the fastest in the club.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3eJABdr...RlODBiNWFlZA==

His size and hit ups coming out of trouble is exactly what we need in the outside backs, I'm happy to give Kelly and AKP a chance to start but he should be next cab off the rank. I would hate to lose him to another club if we don't give him a decent chance, I reckon he's got such massive potential.
    It is strange

Keep the faith Upthe and Lover. Des obviously sees something in HSS and it's possible that Des hasn't yet ironed out the defensive deficiencies in Jojo's game on the left that HS was talking about last season. It's also possible he's not ready to go yet after his cork last week.

If Jojo is the next cab off the rank for centre or wing, HSS will be better for the run and it will give us a better idea of what he can do when we need him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    lol@hs nice seeing the old Wests Panthers jersey go round … music was fugging awesome … not. Gave me the creeps, like Wayne Bennett pulling his g string on back to front.
    Agree totally with that great jersey that I used to watch as a kid. And the music - yep, I had to mute it. That was cruel HS.

Now I'm trying not to get PTSD from that last image you put in my mind T.

Yeah, mildly surprised but not shocked about HSS seemingly being next in line for left centre over Jojo. Jojo for all his promise had some things to work on in his game last year and they've had a full pre-season for Des & co to run an eye over who's doing what. HSS had a decent game last week too - defended well, got through his carries, and I'm pretty sure topped the metre count as well.

Still, there''s every chance Des does a switcharoo, gives them half each, only sees Jojo as a right side player, is giving Jojo some time to get his leg right, or is simply rewarding HSS for a solid hitout last week. We'll have to see how it plays out but it's up to Jojo now to show where he fits in.

Hey MT, notice how adroitly HS sidestepped that more flare than a Doors concert or is it more flair than Elton John’s wardrobe?

Jojo is a work in progress. Des will have his logic and next week we will see what’s what. Tomorrow's just another trial.
    Last edited by Titanic; 24-02-24 at 12:14 PM.