Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Pre-season rig watch -

Body composition of a lot of the younger lads has changed, in a good way. Tom Weaver, Ryan Foran, Seth Nikotemo, and even Jojo + Lofi look to have put some positive KG's on. Maumalo looks lean (apparently topped skinfold testing). Phil Sami looks like he's carrying more weight (the good kind, not his 2020 kind), and even Tino looks bigger than he has previous seasons. I read somewhere that Des wanted Tino to improve on his strength testing so it would be an expected outcome of that. Chris Randall is up 5ish kg as well.

We were a small team in 2023 and quite frankly got bullied physically. We'll see whether any of it translates to the field but there's a noticeable change so far IMO.

Rep Player

Training the dojo down

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Training the dojo down
    If only we had hype army camp video to really give us false confidence

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    It looks from training footage posted they've put Liu at prop with Randall or Pahulu I'm guessing at 13 with him, Oskar seems to be the other 9 most of the time. I'm a bigger fan of Clark then most but good luck getting a spot back from those two healthy. Lock, Left centre and a bench spot or two depending on Fifita and maybe fullback.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...ime-in-charge/

Loved this vid with Jimmy. At 53 secs Kinis movement is insane and some more of guys playing at spots.
    Good video and great spot

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    If only we had hype army camp video to really give us false confidence
    Lol HS, it’s so gratifying to read about serious effort rather than alternative methods psychobabble … I find it strangely reassuring, while it gives relevance to youthful memories of ponderously running Mt. Coot-tha lit by the coach’s headlights :-)
    Last edited by Titanic; 16-12-23 at 02:13 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

https://twitter.com/9NewsGoldCoast/s...68745282597265

Don't know about 10kgs but he does look bigger + stoked he's copping Des sprays, He's got so much potential but does some dumb ****.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...-first-season/

More photos from the Naidoc Event. Like HS said, Everyone looks like they've been cultivating mass, R.Foran is probably the most surprising, He looks way bigger then I saw him last.

Fermor ran 5 secs the other day for the 40m, Don't think he's lost to much of his pace.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 16-12-23 at 11:59 AM.

Keenan at training.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Keenan at training.
    He looks to be in decent shape, good to see

First Grader

3weeks ahead of requiring to turn up for training. That is a good sign in terms of desire

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    3weeks ahead of requiring to turn up for training. That is a good sign in terms of desire
    Lol, how the turn tables

Rep Player

Looks like we missed out on Dearden

I reckon Deardon was a certainty to stay at the Cows on a good package and lol@thedragons losing out on AFB, now it's over to the Luai drama and wait for the focus to return to us and Difita.

Have to add that the Dragons' fans have gone into meltdown, interesting to see another club cop what we have for years. They are crying over AFB like he was one of theirs and Deardon like he was a done deal. Amone is sacked, it's all Hunt's fault, Flanno should shut up ... it's worth a look for some light Xmas reading.
    Last edited by Titanic; 19-12-23 at 04:48 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqxShE1P8ag&t=3s - Great interview with Keenan.

Agree Titanic, They can't make a good decision down there. He's not great but releasing Sullivan when your only backup half now is Paul Turner with Flannagan starting is insane.

Was thinking about the Hunt situation because we'll probably be bought up again even though the top 30 is full but I'm not sure how much we actually wanted him if at all once Des became coach because the timeline doesn't match up. Hunt requested his release on the 18th of June and then we fired Holbrook (who I'm sure was after him) on the 22nd which caught everyone off guard.

Holbrook was desperate and needed Hunt to save him.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...fastest-titan/

A few surprises here for me. I thought Lofi would be the quickest and Jojo somewhere in the top 5. Very happy Beau has come back on that knee so well and it hasn't affected his speed.

Ahh yes the annual speed test results where the actual fastest guy in the team doesn't clock the fastest time on the laser

It's a fun piece of content for fans but without context on how they measure it, it's hard to read into who's actually faster than who in any practical rugby league sense but it's a great sign that Beau is indeed still moving quickly
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 23-12-23 at 09:56 AM.