Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Hey RavShamrock. New forum software is coming for the start of 2024. Probably around Christmas when things are slow and people are busy. We will look into ways to improve everyone's experience in the best ways. More soon.
    Sounds good mate

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcas...=1000634600950

Steve Mitchell ain’t worried about it and I ain’t either

It’s a standard player option contract that he can choose to action anytime after round 10 this season. If he gets a huge offer from another club and leaves then ok. We still have Fermor and other second rowers that fit there

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcas...=1000634600950

Steve Mitchell ain’t worried about it and I ain’t either

It’s a standard player option contract that he can choose to action anytime after round 10 this season. If he gets a huge offer from another club and leaves then ok. We still have Fermor and other second rowers that fit there
    Mitchell also says there’s a lot of misinformation out there at the moment.

The stance of refusing to comment on contracts/recruitment is a two edged sword. Protects the integrity of the operation, but also encourages speculation by refusing to put rumours to bed.

Still, I’d prefer it than only choosing to comment and confirm/deny when it suits us. Otherwise it becomes very obvious when rumours are actually true…..because you would refuse to comment on them.

First Grader

https://twitter.com/9NewsGoldCoast/s...71630643232966

He can't re negotiate according to 9 and isn't a free agent (We know how much the NRL cares about this)... If he accepts the clause it has to be done before Round 10. It's a bit odd the wording but what I got is that if he takes the clause he's immediately released?? Or he's leaving in 2025 but it sounds like the club won't be re-negotiating if he decides to take the clause.

In the end this is a nothing story imo.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 14-11-23 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post

He can't re negotiate according to 9 and isn't a free agent (We know how much the NRL cares about this)... If he accepts the clause it has to be done before Round 10. It's a bit odd the wording but what I got is that if he takes the clause he's immediately released?? Or he's leaving in 2025 but it sounds like the club won't be re-negotiating if he decides to take the clause.

So glad we’ve got renowned rugby league insider Jakob Funk to give us the scoop

They’re saying he can choose to test the market if he chooses to before round 10. Not that he gets released immediately.

Honestly though mate, I’d take what ch9 news says with a grain of salt

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Mitchell also says there’s a lot of misinformation out there at the moment.

The stance of refusing to comment on contracts/recruitment is a two edged sword. Protects the integrity of the operation, but also encourages speculation by refusing to put rumours to bed.

Still, I’d prefer it than only choosing to comment and confirm/deny when it suits us. Otherwise it becomes very obvious when rumours are actually true…..because you would refuse to comment on them.
    I agree there HS and I reckon the way the Titans do their negotiations is really good, in that nothing usually gets out until the deals are done. My only concern is these clauses that are added to contracts.

We know that this Fifita contract issue will be a weekly circus and distraction until it is finalised.

He’s always had play options in his deal they were never removed

Every one is just cottoning on now because the nrl has the player options listed on their signing trackers

Iirc if by round 10 he hasn’t taken that option up he is effectively null and void for 25/26 but we will know by round 10 and be able to act accordingly with development and squad etc and if he takes it up I think the option is for both seasons (ie 25 and 26 with 1m a season average)

As I said when this first kicked off I am not worried really if he stays or goes but I think he stays, des lowkey knows how to manage players and egos and get everyone working in the right direction

He’s always had play options in his deal they were never removed

Every one is just cottoning on now because the nrl has the player options listed on their signing trackers

Iirc if by round 10 he hasn’t taken that option up he is effectively null and void for 25/26 but we will know by round 10 and be able to act accordingly with development and squad etc and if he takes it up I think the option is for both seasons (ie 25 and 26 with 1m a season average)

As I said when this first kicked off I am not worried really if he stays or goes but I think he stays, des lowkey knows how to manage players and egos and get everyone working in the right direction

Pre-season articles are starting to roll in.

Jojo (and how he's put some size on):
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...-fire-in-2024/

Tom Weaver (and how he's also put some size on):
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...in-pre-season/

Patiently waiting to hear who is training the house down
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 16-11-23 at 08:37 AM.

@mdrew - what's your thoughts on Zane Harrison compared to Tom Weaver at the same age?

I've got Zane ahead of him, at the same age, based on Zane's '23 season. To outperform the Broncos golden boy Coby Black and be the king pin halfback in the Langer Cup is a reasonable feat would've got more recognition if he was with a bigger club. They'll get another chance to go at it in '24.

That's not to take anything away from Tom (who was brilliant at schoolboy/MM level himself) and obviously I'm not saying he is and will be as good as Tom when it comes to MM > HDC > Cup progression, but based on each of their seasons at the same age (U17) I think there's a fair argument to say Zane is ahead.

Do you think this is possibly why they're happy to not extend Tom early even though he's off-contract end of '24? Between Zane and Ryder we've got plenty of emerging/developing talent there.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 16-11-23 at 08:51 AM.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    @mdrew - what's your thoughts on Zane Harrison compared to Tom Weaver at the same age?

I've got Zane ahead of him, at the same age, based on Zane's '23 season. To outperform the Broncos golden boy Coby Black and be the king pin halfback in the Langer Cup is a reasonable feat would've got more recognition if he was with a bigger club. They'll get another chance to go at it in '24.

That's not to take anything away from Tom (who was brilliant at schoolboy/MM level himself) and obviously I'm not saying he is and will be as good as Tom when it comes to MM > HDC > Cup progression, but based on each of their seasons at the same age (U17) I think there's a fair argument to say Zane is ahead.

Do you think this is possibly why they're happy to not extend Tom early even though he's off-contract end of '24? Between Zane and Ryder we've got plenty of emerging/developing talent there.
    I agree mate, I have Zane a touch ahead at the same age, only just to be fair. but their ceilings are extremely high.

Yes great problem for the Titans to have, but I think that Tom resigns and with Zane and Ryder we are set for a decade.

From an U18 perspective, Zane is the clear Qld No.1 half, with Ryder second and Cody Black a close third.

I am excirted to see Ryder and Zane line up in the half's for the Tweed MM Cup side in 2024.
    Last edited by mdrew; 16-11-23 at 11:40 AM.

Because it’s the off-season it’s time to bring up this old chestnut: is it halves (as in a half of something) or half’s (as in an abbreviation of halfbacks)? Lololol just felt like poking the bear.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Because it’s the off-season it’s time to bring up this old chestnut: is it halves (as in a half of something) or half’s (as in an abbreviation of halfbacks)? Lololol just felt like poking the bear.
    Hahaha!! Ever heard the old phrase "at sixes and sevens", mate? The term means to be confused and uncertain.

Seems fitting in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This reminds me of Dwarfs v Dwarves. Anyone else a Tolkien fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Modern English has two plurals for the word dwarf: dwarfs and dwarves. Dwarfs remains the most commonly employed plural. The minority plural dwarves was recorded as early as 1818. However, it was later popularized by the fiction of philologist and legendarium author J. R. R. Tolkien, originating as a hypercorrective mistake. It was employed by Tolkien for some time before 1917. Regarding his use of this plural, Tolkien wrote in 1937, "I am afraid it is just a piece of private bad grammar, rather shocking in a philologist; but I shall have to go with it."[4]
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Hahaha!! Ever heard the old phrase "at sixes and sevens", mate? The term means to be confused and uncertain.

Seems fitting in this regard.
    Haha woah never connected this before. That you could apply it to Rugby League. Hits pretty close to the bone as a Titans fan.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER