Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast

Plenty to like about the game. How good are we off for fullbacks! Sad thing is we probably can’t keep them all.

Really happy to see that there was really strong one on one contact and relatively few missed tackles. The Dojo is working.
    Agree the we lost direction after Weaver went off but really awesome effort for a first trial.
    Can’t wait for next week.

Did Arama play 80 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by GC Giant View Post
    Did Arama play 80 minutes?
    Yep I think he did. Welcome to the forum btw mate

- - - Updated - - -

Surprised we held up as well as we did in the first half, expected the second half blowout to happen when we started rolling on and combining Qcup guys who hadn't trained with us for a few months. Of those train and trial guys, Luke Burton was the best performer. He'll be good for Tweed this year.

Of the young guys who haven't played NRL, Arama is prob the one who exceeded my expectation the most.

Some good signs overall especially in defensive attitude. I honestly thought we were going to get 50 put on us quite easily.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 18-02-24 at 08:24 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Plenty to like about the game. How good are we off for fullbacks! Sad thing is we probably can’t keep them all.
    And we already let Tuaupiki go

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yep I think he did. Welcome to the forum btw mate

- - - Updated - - -

Surprised we held up as well as we did in the first half, expected the second half blowout to happen when we started rolling on and combining Qcup guys who hadn't trained with us for a few months. Of those train and trial guys, Luke Burton was the best performer. He'll be good for Tweed this year.

Of the young guys who haven't played NRL, Arama is prob the one who exceeded my expectation the most.

Some good signs overall especially in defensive attitude. I honestly thought we were going to get 50 put on us quite easily.
    Agree positive hit out. Couple of times I thought Arama was spent but he kept at it. I wonder what is Des’s thoughts about keeping him out for 80 when no other forward did.
    Pahulu has a big motor.

Welcome to the fourm, GC Giant!

Arama's effort today won't be forgotten.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by GC Giant View Post
    Agree positive hit out. Couple of times I thought Arama was spent but he kept at it. I wonder what is Des’s thoughts about keeping him out for 80 when no other forward did.
    Pahulu has a big motor.
    Prob testing him a bit, see if he took a step back as the game went on and we got further behind

I'm completely speculating but we know how Des operates and he challenged Arama to improve his fitness and conditioning early in pre-season

Really proud of the effort today.
    5 standouts for me-

Tom Weaver - wish he was bigger, but great composure. Tanah better be on his game.

Josiah Pahulu - impressive kid. Strong carry and a good motor

Isaac Fa’asuamaleaui - I wasn’t sure about him last year but he impressed me today. Not sure he will playing nrl often this year, but good depth

Jaylan DeGroot - something about this kid. Tough to see him getting a run, but full of effort

Oscar Bryant - kid is all heart. Small frame but good technique and willing to chop down the big fellas

Special mention to Kyle Foxwell. Played full 80, showed some nice touches and was willing in defense. Not bad for someone was isn’t contracted.

First Grader

Good first up effort and they continually turned up in defence and their hit and stick was very good and an improvement since last year. I also thought the fitness level was good for an experienced team.

Players I thought really enhanced their reputations in no particular order were;

De Groot, Francis, Weaver, Pahulu, Sikahrle, Hau, Izaac F.

Others who surprised me include: Foxwell, HSS, Burton and Penquitt

I think Des drags Arama Hau to a QLD jersey kicking and screaming one day, most gifted Titans junior forward I can remember, hope he takes it seriously.

NRL Pre-Season 2024 | Dolphins v Titans | Match Highlights

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Btw, Ennis, Parker and Roach in mid-season form. Seriously, how hard is it with Fox League’s budget to get a non CTE impacted ex-player to talk about the game they are watching, identity the correct player and pronounce their names within 3 syllables of the correct version.

God they are awful.

And the post game was the Dolphins Show. Oh well, under the radar.

First Grader

Couldn't be happier with how everyone went at it besides a win, Kids who have barely ever played 80 mins or even at Q Cup level were always going to struggle late in the game but they rocked up.

Thought he was a nepo hire at the start but I'm really liking Iszacs game, His play the ball has gotten way quicker and his defence is good, Stimson is way better in the middle, He's a great squad player.

Even guys like Maumalo who are probably getting moved on rocked up with some feeling. I like it a lot.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 18-02-24 at 09:41 PM.