Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Filling out the jersey nice with a few meat pies

First Grader

I don't see the issue with any of it at all tbh.

Expecting Fifita to come back in seriously good shape like Fermor is ridiculous imo especially when he's one of the hardest trainers in the squad from what people say. He needs a break, Him being chunky in November doesn't mean a thing...

He's a massive second rower who played big minutes this year for the first time and a lot more games then he was used to. I don't expect a 23 year old who's game is based around athletism who just went through a world cup, all the season games + origin to come back looking the way he did Round 1 against the Tigers.

Compare it to sports like NFL who have 18 rounds, Fifita for his size is doing 25 games this year that are way more physical. Fifita faded late in the year not being able to deal with a 80 min a week workload, I wouldn't mind seeing him playing smaller minutes for more impact to keep him fresh for a finals run. Teams were targeting him a lot by the end of the season and he was a liability on the defensive end.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 25-11-23 at 01:46 AM.

A bit of training the house down content for you all to enjoy

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...g-titans-best/

https://youtu.be/DDD_Dt_DfxM?si=Ul_Q3GgMniD2M7SE

Titans media team has been kicking goals this offseason in terms of player access

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    https://youtu.be/DDD_Dt_DfxM?si=Ul_Q3GgMniD2M7SE

Titans media team has been kicking goals this offseason in terms of player access
    Gee, they must have snapped him as he walked in before even the coaching staff got to him ... seems like a level-headed bloke.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

I read somewhere that Des s changing the whole attacking and defensive structures for next year.
    Should be interesting

Des is going to unlock peak Campbell

The prince that was promised

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking about squad right now from what I’ve seen in club media and hearsay

1. Campbell
    2. Lofi
    3. Jojo
    4. Brimmo
    5. Sami
    6. Foran
    7. Boyd
    8. Moe
    9. Verrils
    10. Tino
    11. Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Liu
    14. Randall
    15. Palasia
    16. Joliffe
    17. Iszaac F

18. Kini
    19. Ben Liyou
    20. HSS

I think Kelly is going to be quietly dropped to tweed and Schoupp will be looking for a home in Sydney

Ken M is still on our book but might go back to NZ or super league

It’s a lottery!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    Des is going to unlock peak Campbell

The prince that was promised

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking about squad right now from what I’ve seen in club media and hearsay

1. Campbell
    2. Lofi
    3. Jojo
    4. Brimmo
    5. Sami
    6. Foran
    7. Boyd
    8. Moe
    9. Verrils
    10. Tino
    11. Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Liu
    14. Randall
    15. Palasia
    16. Joliffe
    17. Iszaac F

18. Kini
    19. Ben Liyou
    20. HSS

I think Kelly is going to be quietly dropped to tweed and Schoupp will be looking for a home in Sydney

Ken M is still on our book but might go back to NZ or super league
    Surely Stimmo and Clark are ahead of Iszac and Liyou

Interview with Michael Monaghan

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...hael-monaghan/

A lot of training clips in there from the last 48 hours. Bit of insight to see what positions Des is giving guys a run in.

I've done a lot of thinking over the off season and the team I want to see for 2024:

1. Campbell
    2. Jojo
    3. AJ
    4. Brian Kelly
    5. Lofi
    6. Foran
    7. Tanah or Weaver
    8. Mo
    9. Verills
    10. Tino
    11. Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Palasia

14. Randall
    15. Joliffe
    16. Liu
    17. Alick

I had chosen AJ in right centre over the others because that is our main defensive deficient side. I think he is needed more here than on the left and also gives us additional attack options on the right side (our left side attack should still be lethal - just strengthens both sides).

I have put in Jojo over Sami which might be controversial, but something about Sami just doesn't do it for me, I know his stats look good on paper but he doesn't compete for every play and it annoys me seeing him joking around after we lose a game, I think he needs to take it more seriously. I also think Jojo could surpass him in every area (I think he is almost as quick as Lofi as well at least over a longer distance).

I have also rewatched some of Palasia's games in the back end of the season and notice he does have a nice touch to move the ball out the back. I would like to see him given a go at starting lock, he is a competitor.

Tanah or Weaver I am not too sure on, Tanah seems to go into his shell a bit when things go wrong. Weaver with the limited games I've seen reminds me a bit of James Maloney, he seems comfortable in clutch decision making which is a key attribute for a halfback. Flip of a coin on this position right now.

Finally, I have Alick making the bench because I think he can get better, can cover 2nd row or middle.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I've done a lot of thinking over the off season and the team I want to see for 2024:

1. Campbell
    2. Jojo
    3. AJ
    4. Brian Kelly
    5. Lofi
    6. Foran
    7. Tanah or Weaver
    8. Mo
    9. Verills
    10. Tino
    11. Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Palasia

14. Randall
    15. Joliffe
    16. Liu
    17. Alick

I had chosen AJ in right centre over the others because that is our main defensive deficient side. I think he is needed more here than on the left and also gives us additional attack options on the right side (our left side attack should still be lethal - just strengthens both sides).

I have put in Jojo over Sami which might be controversial, but something about Sami just doesn't do it for me, I know his stats look good on paper but he doesn't compete for every play and it annoys me seeing him joking around after we lose a game, I think he needs to take it more seriously. I also think Jojo could surpass him in every area (I think he is almost as quick as Lofi as well at least over a longer distance).

I have also rewatched some of Palasia's games in the back end of the season and notice he does have a nice touch to move the ball out the back. I would like to see him given a go at starting lock, he is a competitor.

Tanah or Weaver I am not too sure on, Tanah seems to go into his shell a bit when things go wrong. Weaver with the limited games I've seen reminds me a bit of James Maloney, he seems comfortable in clutch decision making which is a key attribute for a halfback. Flip of a coin on this position right now.

Finally, I have Alick making the bench because I think he can get better, can cover 2nd row or middle.
    Pretty close to where i'm at too but I don't know how on earth you can have Sami playing for Ipswich, he's one of the first names I have pencilled into a jersey.

For me i'll have Palasia coming off the bench but I won't be upset to see he's won the 13 come rd 1.

I think the likely back 5 will be -
    JC
    Lofi
    BK
    AJ
    Sami

With Foran and Boyd in the halves.

In the inevitable occurrence when Foran is injured i think you move JC to 6 and Kini to 1.

Initial backups are Kini, Jojo and Weaver

How good (and first time i can recall that our whole backline could be titans juniors or players that debuted with us).

Great to see.

Rep Player

AJ to 6 and Jojo to centre

Kini isn’t ready yet

First Grader

Brett White appointed as one of NSW assistant coaches.

Congratulations Brett