Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Kasey Badger to referee the Titans vs Bulldogs game!!

Rep Player

Hahahahahaha

First Grader

Lui is out injured

Schoupp still in the side.. wtf! Surely Brimson takes his spot and kini in at fb to try something different in a game that doesn’t matter..

Kasey Badger(!) is refereeing our game AND our frustrating coaching staff have selected 1 Brimson 4 Schoupp.

F......M.......L

What a joke of a club we are. I'm so sick of the same old conservative BS from our backward coaching staff.

Edit: I want to clarify my only issue with Badger is her clear bias against us this year not her gender.
    Last edited by The Birdman; 29-08-23 at 06:05 PM.

Also low-key disappointed we couldn't give Pahulu a run in a meaningless game, slightly underdone or not.

Endorse the disappointments expressed above ... I feel the most for Francis who surely has earned a taste and I would like to see Pahulu get a run but he is probably underdone. This time last year we were forgiving Haas his deficiencies as a rookie, now, with a full year under his belt we are still forgiving his same deficiencies. Schoupp and Haas defending together is just so mind-blowingly horrible. There are much better judges than me on here so I am heading off to OPSM.

As for our referee, honestly, I am all for supporting the fairer (I suppose I can't say that anymore) gender (dare I say sex) but I think we will get cooked by penalties and all the 50/50 calls will get swept under the rug.
    Last edited by Titanic; 29-08-23 at 04:51 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Boys ,
    This is and inclusive forum and any discussion or snide comments about gender diversity need to be a positive one.

Gender inclusion is important for the game as a whole going forward. Some comments don’t help or further inclusion or diversity.

Please think about the comments made. I’m excited for the appointment of Badger and this is a chance that a good referee get to have a go. ( I have two sons that are 14/13 and are junior referees and look at this forum and a daughter that want to referee and I worry what they might think and I hear what they get subjected to weekly at junior footy).

Let’s see how Casey goes hey.

Cheers ,
    Lee.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

That's all good BT and you are very right from that perspective but in my case I am commenting from a different viewpoint ... this referee, no matter what its gender is, has plundered us without mercy from the bunker and has earned my derision irrespective of gender. Won't debate it and happy to be labeled, just taking a stand.
    Last edited by Titanic; 29-08-23 at 06:09 PM.

First Grader

Kasey badger continually makes a howler every time she is in the bunker. She will explain the whole play and the correct ruling then still make the wrong decision.

Sex has nothing to do with their competence, she continually looks for an issue to make a call on instead of just watching the whole play and making the common sense decision that best applies to the rules

Perfect example was the fogarty, fifita try no try issue

100% agree Titanic. I think it's good women are getting a chance to officiate, I just feel Kasey Badger in particular has not given us a fair go this season, gender irrespective.

Rep Player

I’m with you titanic: Badger belongs no where near 1st grade regardless of her gender she’s proven she can’t interpret and enact the rules and has made multiple absolute howlers ( not just 50/50 calls) this season and the fact they still think it’s fine for her to be given our game is an indictment or just how embarrassing and farcical the refereeing system in our game has become and she’s certainly not alone in referees who should or sent back down after ruining some great games this year.

Also terrible final round team selection, here I was hoping we wouldn’t be the worst QLD team in the comp but the dolphins will be above us come Monday
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 29-08-23 at 06:16 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Boys ,
    This is and inclusive forum and any discussion or snide comments about gender diversity need to be a positive one.

Gender inclusion is important for the game as a whole going forward. Some comments don’t help or further inclusion or diversity.

Please think about the comments made. I’m excited for the appointment of Badger and this is a chance that a good referee get to have a go. ( I have two sons that are 14/13 and are junior referees and look at this forum and a daughter that want to referee and I worry what they might think and I hear what they get subjected to weekly at junior footy).

Let’s see how Casey goes hey.

Cheers ,
    Lee.
    Wouldn’t care if she got there on merit but she didn’t so fair game

I think we all measure refs differently to Graham Annesley and Jarrod Maxwell. Personally, I'd much prefer Belinda Sharpe to all of them, most likely because I haven't seen the incompetence I've seen from all the other refs. I don't think merit exists in the reffing ranks, unless merit is ruining games and consistently calling 50/50s for the team higher on the ladder (or with a bigger support base, more influential club officials etc). In his defence, Graham Annesley has been a politician, so corruption might just be too hard to shake for him.

I'm not sure gender should preclude us from criticism but just for perspective, can anyone name a good NRL ref? Given that, none of them should be singled out, other than for their foul deeds specifically.

I hope Badger takes a positive step in her career with this game. I'm not holding my breath and I wonder if they're all under instruction, but it would be nice.

I witnessed plenty of refs going as far back as Holman, Page, Bruyeres and the incomparable Henry Alberts. They have all been controversial with many slammed as outright cheats. The difference is the buck stopped with the individual and their performances weren’t justified by the governing body. They just got dropped. Every bit of technology should be implemented to get decisions right. It will change the fabric of the game but 2023 has been the worst. Russel Crowe is correct in saying that for the US market to embrace our game there needs to be consistency otherwise they won’t understand it.