Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Kini and JC have atleast shown some toughness and Kini while missing some tackles always shows up and takes the tough carries that you can't teach everyone I think DES can toughen him up and have him playing like Ben Barba at the doggies but I think she probably starts at FB next year his defence is better

Oh fark, Lofi is a complete bust and another Kelly tangfu ... very worst team in Qld.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Thank god that’s over with. Des could he the coach but I have zero confidence with our roster unfortunately now for anyone but the broncos to win the comp

The most titans way we could possibly finish the season.

Hasler needs to make lofi and schoupp wrestle the whole team like the doggies

Rep Player

I actually switched off before that last try. Duck me what an embarrassment of a season absolutely ended in the most titans way possible. This team ****ing sucks and a handful of players can hold their heads high whereas the rest can **** off elsewhere until we sign them on 4 year deals no doubt

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Schouppe and Haas can give Tweed a huge boost.
    He hasn't lit the world on fire but Haas has done well enough imo as a kid who got upgraded to top 30 just late last year and chucked into first grade due to Fermor getting injured and Stimson not being up to a full season there. He's 21 and gotten better imo most games with a dodgy read which most young players have. He needs a lot of work but he'll be back at Tweed to work on it next year.

I blame recruitment and coaching way before Haas. I kind of agree on Schoupp but he's also 21 and had to deal with a bad system 2 times now. I'm going to wait till Des deals with these guys for a year to judge them because they've both been in bad systems so far there whole career. Schoupp also got told he'd be a starter 100% in our team no matter what when he recruited him, That's what we've been dealing with.

The worst one is Lofi for me, Sounds/Looks like he nearly got guaranteed his spot and was never in doubt to be picked despite having as many bad moments as highlights this year.

That's nearly the perfect way to end of season... I'm going to forget everything about it. I assume Des visits here but that's why Tino isn't a "connection" player
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 03-09-23 at 04:12 PM.

Rep Player

Badger did alright I gotta admit

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Badger did alright I gotta admit
    Yeah she did

Bloody Panthers will coast to another premiership I reckon :-( ... 'Ponies have a fair bit of ill discipline in them and the Storm look a bit jaded. Wah's and Knights aren't at the same level, the Roosters need JWH and the Raiders/Sharks cancel each other out.

I'd prefer Badger on field to her bunker ... well done.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Might save this for a post-mortem thread if there is one but as far as positives goes;

- The team looked in WAY better physical shape this year, like, miles better than ‘22.
    - Tons of raw talent on the squad that will be better off for these end of year games heading into ‘24.
    - For ‘24 the team should be more experienced + Beau Fermor coming back meaning Stimson/Haas to be addition by subtraction.
    - David Fifita is just a weapon out there, probably my favourite Titan ever (sorry John Olive).
    - Most importantly, thank god for Des, huge move shifting Holbrook for him mid-season.

I think that performance is largely on Jimmy. I don't see JAC scoring two of those tries with Francis there. Schoupp has no place in this team.

I think if we look at consistency, while Alick wasn't anything special today, I think he has still made less errors per minute than Klese.

Hats off to K.Badger. I think it helped that she had people in the stands wearing her name on their shirts. We should encourage all refs to arrange this at home games.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah, deservedly worst team in QLD.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    I think that performance is largely on Jimmy. I don't see JAC scoring two of those tries with Francis there. Schoupp has no place in this team.
    I'm assuming the choices are way more on Des and his choices on who's in the team next year then Jimmy. Same way everyone got surgeries at the same time after we were out of any finals contention for next pre season, Jimmy doesn't have much choice in all of this and is dealing with who's here next year.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 03-09-23 at 04:20 PM.

Missed the entire game. Not gonna go back and watch it either having just read through this thread.

First Grader

I'm wondering if Weaver did enough to be a crack at the 7 over Tannah coming into pre season, I was impressed with him and his defence held up better then I thought it would. It'd be another change but I think Weavers ceiling is way higher and if we're getting another season out of Foran we need to make the most of it with a long term half next to him if we don't get Hunt and go all out for a prem.

On the game, I think it's the worst game we've played all year despite winning, We were way better in every loss since Holbrook left at least.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 03-09-23 at 04:59 PM.