Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    I think we all measure refs differently to Graham Annesley and Jarrod Maxwell. Personally, I'd much prefer Belinda Sharpe to all of them, most likely because I haven't seen the incompetence I've seen from all the other refs. I don't think merit exists in the reffing ranks, unless merit is ruining games and consistently calling 50/50s for the team higher on the ladder (or with a bigger support base, more influential club officials etc). In his defence, Graham Annesley has been a politician, so corruption might just be too hard to shake for him.

I'm not sure gender should preclude us from criticism but just for perspective, can anyone name a good NRL ref? Given that, none of them should be singled out, other than for their foul deeds specifically.

I hope Badger takes a positive step in her career with this game. I'm not holding my breath and I wonder if they're all under instruction, but it would be nice.
    Of the current refs, I think Klein is actually quite good and cops a lot of unfair criticism.

We really have been on the rough end of the pineapple over the years. With some in inexplicable decisions.

But I think there is a dearth of referring talent at the moment. It's a serious problem for the game.

At the same time I don't think they (as a whole within the entire game) get enough support and promotion. We need pathways for them. Incentives. We need to improve their station and reputation in the game,

The amount of stick they can get must also be a massive deterrent to those wanting a career as one. And without them we can't have a game.

As far as gender goes, let's keep in mind that we are a very female focused club with our NRLW and Netball teams and also one of our owners. Let's try to articulate our views within that lense.

One more game!
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 30-08-23 at 02:55 PM.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

So... I'm hoping with the extended bench we might see some swapping of positions.

TITANS

1. AJ Brimson 2. Alofiana Khan-Pereira 3. Brian Kelly 4. Aaron Schoupp 5. Jojo Fifita 6. Kieran Foran 7. Thomas Weaver 8. Moeaki Fotuaika 9. Chris Randall 10. Jaimin Jolliffe 11. David Fifita 12. Klese Haas 13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 14. Keano Kini 15. Kruise Leeming 16. Joe Stimson 17. Jacob Alick 18. Iszac Fa'asumaleaui 19. Jo Vuna 20. Tony Francis 21. Josiah Pahulu 22. Ken Maumalo
    Squad named:

Out: Isaac Liu (front row)
    In: Moeaki Fotuaika (front row)

Squad update: Sat 2pm

Late mail: Sun 1pm

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

1. Hayze Perham 2. Blake Wilson 3. Jake Averillo 4. Paul Alamoti 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Toby Sexton 8. Luke Thompson 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Liam Knight 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Corey Waddell 13. Max King 14. Kyle Flanagan 15. Samuel Hughes 16. Kurtis Morrin 17. Jayden Okunbor 19. Jeral Skelton 20. Bailey Biondi-odo 21. Jayden Tanner 22. Ryan Sutton 23. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
    Squad named:

Out: Harrison Edwards (lock), Tevita Pangai Junior (bench)
    In: Samuel Hughes (bench), Kurtis Morrin (bench)
    Changes: Jake Averillo (fullback to centre), Hayze Perham (centre to fullback), Max King (bench to lock)

Squad update: Sat 2pm

Late mail: Sun 1pm

Referees: Kasey Badger;Sideline Officials: Liam Kennedy, Tyson Brough;Video Referees: Gerard Sutton;

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/lea...2023-round-27/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

'We'll send Dave at him': Brimson full of banter ahead of Sexton's return
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...sexton-return/

AJ Brimson has cheekily suggested it could be tough going for Toby Sexton when the former Titan returns to Cbus Super Stadium this Sunday.

Having played 17 games together before the 22-year-old's mid-season switch to the Bulldogs to claim their vacant No. 7 jersey, the Gold Coast fullback has issued a word of warning to his old teammate of what he can expect up against his

"We might have to send Dave Fifita at him a few times this weekend," Brimson bantered.

But all jokes aside, the 98-game star is happy to see his former teammate getting consistent footy in Sydney after only playing one game for the Titans in 2023, following Tanah Boyd winning the race for the chief playmaking role in the pre-season.

"I'm looking forward coming up against him. He's obviously a good mate of mine and he's made a good move for his career," Brimson said.

"I'm definitely happy for him."

In the Gold Coast's final game of 2023, Brimson is hoping to finish the tough season on a high, aiming to culminate the past few weeks of proud performances against top four teams into a solid victory for the club's loyal Legion in Thank You Round.

"I think each week, I know we haven't come up with wins last couple weeks but we definitely haven't given in or given up and we've been right in the fight," he said.

"Nothing's going change this week, especially being back at home and especially trying to send our fans off with a win for our members round.

"It's obviously been a disappointing year, but I think finishing off on a high is somewhat sweet for the fans, especially this round in particular, so the boys be up for the game."

The 24-year-old Titan is also eager to get back home for the final game of the year, excited to run out at his most treasured venue in the NRL competition.

"I love Cbus... it's definitely my favourite place to play," Brimson said.

First Grader

Was listening to bkr and sounds like Jojo reaggravated/injured himself in the Storm game and checking back he's limping after the Xavier leap try and at the end of the game. I don't see a point in playing him if he's not healthy but apparently he wants to prove himself to Des. Probably means nothing but he hasn't been in stuff posted on social media since Monday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cwjtpewpki0/?img_index=1

This post seems odd to include Francis and Pahulu with all the other guys if they aren't playing, Probably means zilch though.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 01-09-23 at 11:47 AM.

Form line out the window: Lenihan not treating final round as dead rubber
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...s-dead-rubber/

This Sunday's contest against the Bulldogs might have no bearing on the NRL finals series, but Jim Lenihan isn't treating it as a dead rubber.

With plenty to play for at home in Members' Round against an under-fire opposition who have been under immense scrutiny this week, the interim head coach is hoping to send Titans fans out of Cbus Super Stadium with a big smile on their face and proud of their team in what has been a 'rollercoaster' 2023 season.

"I don't think any form line coming into the last game of the year makes a real difference," Lenihan said.

"I think it's really important to hold the ball and make sure we play through the middle... I think this is the sort of game that can get a little bit expansive and play left to right, so it's one of those days where we want to hold the ball, complete high and play good field position.

"It's also important for us to really perform well at home and I think we've done a fairly good job at home this year putting in good performances.

"Win, lose or draw... we want to be a team the Gold Coast is proud of."

It's been a tough week for Canterbury who have been forced to defend themselves publicly after being in the spotlight following a string of disappointing results, and whilst the rugby league world will be watching them to see how they respond, Lenihan has been reluctant to focus too much attention on his opposition given he already knows they'll be hungry for the win.

"I think you'll find the people who are doing the talking at the Bulldogs are generally the ones who aren't in the team this weekend," he said.

"The people that are playing for the Bulldogs this weekend will certainly be playing to prove a point for their season to finish on a high and certainly go into next year with some some good feelings.

"We're not really worrying about what Canterbury are doing or not doing at the moment because we've really just been worrying about ourselves.

"We've got our own issues that we're going to worry about to play well this weekend."

But the Titans coach does know a little bit about the opposing No. 7, with Toby Sexton returning to play his old club after joining the Bulldogs mid-season; set to face off against his former Tweed halves partner Tom Weaver in the clash.

"I think it's a really good opportunity to see those boys playing against each other and I think we'll have to make sure we re-introduce David (Fifita) to Toby over the period of the game," Lenihan joked.

"I'm sure Toby is expecting that, so we'll see how we go.

"I'm looking forward to it... it will be an attacking game."

J Fifita and Randall out, Leeming starts, Kini named on wing, Iszac F and Vuna to bench

oh boy

I wish the Titans would stop referring to Keano as "teen sensation" every time they write anything about him. Not because it's not true - just because it lumps unfair expectation on him. It's a bit overkill.

That's so disappointing. A chance for Francis to walk straight in and Pahulu to play some minutes. I'm not sure why they're reserves.

Nonsensical to me that Kini would play wing. I hope we see him at FB and Brimson at centre and Schoupp does a calf in the warm up.

Alick might get some game time at 13.

First Grader

Jeez that’s a gross bench. I wish we would play Kini FB, AJ centre and Francis or Schoupp wing but that won’t happen. Also bring Pahulu in over Vuna

We lose this we are the worst team in Qld, that’s a very unwanted title.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    J Fifita and Randall out, Leeming starts, Kini named on wing, Iszac F and Vuna to bench

oh boy

I wish the Titans would stop referring to Keano as "teen sensation" every time they write anything about him. Not because it's not true - just because it lumps unfair expectation on him. It's a bit overkill.
    You are so right about this and hopefully the office involved reads this thread

Unless Pahulu is injured what a joke giving Vuna a run over him. Vuna won't even be at the club next year.

I kind of understand not playing Francis if the club is definitely not resigning him for next year, but I don't see why they don't give him one opportunity to impress at least.

I'm actually somewhat intrigued to see how Kini goes on the wing. I know his kick return carries should be pretty good at least but he'll be a target under the high ball for Bulldogs attacking sets.

Hurry up and put another awful chapter in Titans history out of its misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    We lose this we are the worst team in Qld, that’s a very unwanted title.
    We have to win by 20 to slip past Dolphins on F/A

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    We have to win by 20 to slip past Dolphins on F/A
    Yep the Wah’s were horrible. We will be stretched to win and 20 seems way too far. I’m less worried about Kini under the high ball that Lofi.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.