Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 26: STORM vs TITANS (2023)

STORM vs TITANS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Next week:

1 Kini
    2 Lofi
    3 Kelly
    4 AJ
    5 Francis (think Sami might be out)
    6 Foran
    7 Weaver
    8 Mo
    9 Randall
    10 Tino
    11 DF
    12 Klese
    13 Liu

14 Leeming
    15 JJ
    16 Alick
    17 Stimson

18 Iszac

Rep Player

Jojo due back?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Jojo due back?
    Good point. I'd give Lofi a rest in QCup next week and run Jojo and Francis on the wings if Sami is out. I can forgive poor execution but poor attitude needs a lesson.

Easier still if Foran is still out. Aj to 6. Jojo back to centre.

Just get rid of schoupp

Weaver having this trial by fire makes me assume des likes what he sees and wants him to get as many minutes in as he can

Weaver doesn’t lack courage for a small body. I was pretty impressed with his first outing plus now he can take the goal kicks too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I echo everyone's admiration of Weaver and yep, I can imagine that Des would love that in him.

Schoupp out. AKP a stint in QCUP for his benefit.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Jojo and Foz as direct replacements for Sami and JC … Storm by 40.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Jojo and Foz as direct replacements for Sami and JC … Storm by 40.
    Yeah mate I don't get any of this. Why even bother having depth in your squad if you have no faith in them (Um coach alert....its's your f@cking jobs to have them ready.)
    It's a bit like last week when AJ became available and we dropped Kini instead of bringing AJ to the bench...I know hindsight is the great imposter but how good could have that been when JC went down (no back on the bench in the modern game is Russian Roulette).
    Please for the love of God let next year be the awakening for this club.

First Grader

I don’t get the issue with playing Jojo? He’s young, part of our future plans and is actually pretty good?

First Grader

Jojo is still our highest ceiling back in centre or wing imo so I'm just happy to see him on the field, he's also younger then everyone still and had a injury riddled season. Foran seems like a great person to be out there with Weaver to learn on the job. Jimmy mentioned the other week that AJ is at 1 because he's still by far the best communicator defensively and it's to protect Weaver and Haas together.

I'd rather Kini at Bears then wasting time at 18th man but I think it's clear he's very much in the plans, He's still having his first year against man and I assume the reason we're taking him everywhere is to get used to the travel as well. I'd be surprised not to see him play against Dogs.

Treymain is way off the pace sadly when I've seen him and I'm still confused about the Maumalo buy when Lofi doesn't seem to be under any threat. Francis doesn't seem to be in the frame but might get a chance next week, If guys aren't going to be here there's no point in playing them, Everyone else isn't ready I assume.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 22-08-23 at 09:25 PM.

Kini should be fullback and AJ right centre. Schoupp dropped.

It's obvious but then again this club loves to get it wrong.

Also someone should have a word to Lofi at training to let him know he has no business kicking the ball.

Hopefully Josiah also gets a game or two before the end of the season.
    Last edited by The Birdman; 22-08-23 at 10:21 PM.

Jimmy mentioned part of the reason he wants AJ at fb is to keep numbers right either side of the ruck especially on goal-line D. Keano got caught out here the week before when he plugged wrong side of the ruck.

I get the argument to play AJ at right centre and I’d love to see Kini get more time at fullback this year but I also understand why they’ve opted to name those two how they have especially with a one game rookie already in the spine. I think we all expect AJ will be right centre for ‘24 after a full pre-season there.

Hoping Josiah gets a debut v the Bulldogs. Slowly making his way back from injury but his minutes have been very limited even at Burleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Jimmy mentioned part of the reason he wants AJ at fb is to keep numbers right either side of the ruck especially on goal-line D. Keano got caught out here the week before when he plugged wrong side of the ruck.

I get the argument to play AJ at right centre and I’d love to see Kini get more time at fullback this year but I also understand why they’ve opted to name those two how they have especially with a one game rookie already in the spine. I think we all expect AJ will be right centre for ‘24 after a full pre-season there.

Hoping Josiah gets a debut v the Bulldogs. Slowly making his way back from injury but his minutes have been very limited even at Burleigh.
    Playing it safe helps nobody. Getting Kini reps in first grade to learn through his mistakes does. Who cares if we don't win this game or if Kini is responsible for a defensive mistake here and there while learning, improving and getting ready for next year?

I'd also argue the defensive upgrade from Schoupp to AJ at right centre more than makes up for what we lose at fullback with Kini.

We also waste 80 development minutes on Schoupp who clearly should have no future at the club.

It's about building for next year now and that means developing Kini as a priority.

First Grader

I think building up Weaver and making sure he's in the best position to succeed in his first games against the best teams and going forward is more important for our future. We've gone through 3 hbs now, Weaver has the highest ceiling and the one we can't wreck and much more of a priority over Kini who's already proven he can handle this level.

Playing Kini for one or two games now isn't going to change much since he looks good already, Weaver needs our best guys out there right now and AJ is still our best fb, A lot of this is planning for next year.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 23-08-23 at 10:13 AM.