Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Rep Player

Unrelated but geeze it was good to see Seibs give it to the ref/bunker last night and talk about "im sure annersly will give us a call Monday telling us we were right" its going to start costing teams their season and I pray it ruins the final so V'dip**** finally understands it needs over-hauling

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    I 100% reckon the rule should be changed because of how dangerous that situation is, But the ruling was probably correct going off interpretations. Garrick was in a horrible position but because he landed straight on his back despite getting his legs completely taken out from under him and he landed flat on his back, It was OK..

Insane rule.
    Absolutely Garrick fell from a height and he had to brace his hand to stop himself from landing flat on his back and easily could of discolated/broken his wrist etc. I think regardless of the interpretation of the kick rule it was still a player putting another player in a dangerous position but I do take your point it may have been correct by the "rules' but then again Luai can jump launching his shoulder into a players head with no attempt at wrapping arms and miss no time. I just wish logic and consistency would prevail.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Absolutely Garrick fell from a height and he had to brace his hand to stop himself from landing flat on his back and easily could of discolated/broken his wrist etc. I think regardless of the interpretation of the kick rule it was still a player putting another player in a dangerous position but I do take your point it may have been correct by the "rules' but then again Luai can jump launching his shoulder into a players head with no attempt at wrapping arms and miss no time. I just wish logic and consistency would prevail.
    100% on all of your points.

The Sivo one was nearly worst this round so far imo and scares me going forward, He kept his arms down, went low and did everything right and I think Tedesco fell completely into it (He's been doing this for 10 years which is why he gets koed so much), No raising arms or anything and he get's a reported but CHN is OK for taking someones legs out.

(My internet got cooked and didn't realise it went through that post)

Like Seibold said, Can't wait for GH to tell us we're all bullies and wrong.. I don't even blame the refs tbh, NRL cut them from 2 to 1 because of "funds", Nrl is making more then ever... The NRL adds more rules constantly and interpretations and the touchies do less then ever.

It's the administration who's copping 95% of my blame, Some refs are crap for sure but that's nature, It feels like there's no good refs now which I think is on the rulings/1 ref system. They made so many rule changes and quickend the game up, then took away the 2nd ref when the 2nd ref was around when the games been at the slowest it was ever. It makes zero sense.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 19-08-23 at 02:29 PM.

Rep Player

100% on all of your points.

The Sivo one was nearly worst this round so far imo and scares me going forward, He kept his arms down, went low and did everything right and I think Manu fell completely into it, No raising arm or anything and he get's a reported but CHN is OK for taking someones legs out.

Like Seibold said, Can't wait for GH to tell us we're all bullies and wrong.. I don't even blame the refs tbh, We cut them from 2 to 1 because of "funds", Nrl is making more then ever... The NRL adds more rules constantly and interpretations and the touchies do less then ever.

It's the administration who's copping 95% of my blame, Some refs are crap for sure but that's nature, It feels like there's no good refs now which I think is on the rulings/1 ref. They made so many rule changes and quickend the game up, then took away the 2nd ref...
    Agreed the uneven interpreations of what constitues going on report is maddening, at one stage last night Billy Smith absolutely belted a player on the chin with a swinging arm but nothing was done/said about it and yeah that Sivo one was insane I dont know what you can do as a player in that situation.

The refereeing systems seems broken to me, it would be fine if the bunker was there to prevent howlers but only seem to contribute to them as they seem to just defy everything that is laid out in front of them (I still dont understand how Badger disallowed that Fifita try against the raiders when foges clearly not only moved to block him but then visbily gave up on the play and got a serve from his team mates).

To me it feels like the refs just do what V'Landys decides is the flavour of the week (lets get some red cards going before finals) I continue to feel this game is being tailored to attract people who dont watch/enjoy footy. Honestly I think 2 refs was great and then you have the bunker as cover to stop any howlers. Finally, its clear to me the better teams get the rub of the green and teams like ours will cop the wrong end of every single 50/50 call.

Anyways ive derailed the thread enough. Happy to see how we go tonight, probably a flogging on the cards but I just want a glimpse into the future

First Grader

We'd be going on for about 10 pages haha.

I'm super excited to see Weaver and JC together, I think it's our highest potential halves pairing if they can defend. Something that gives me more confidence in Weaver is he's had to defend against Fifta and Foran/JC at training and our left side. It's a pretty good line up to be defending against each big training session..

I wonder how much he was carving them up

AJ in Kini 18, JJ bench Liu to start, not impressed with either.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Bad call dropping Kini and keeping Aaron Flop in the team.

I would have much rathered Kini at fullback and AJ at right centre. We need to be a bit adventurous not conservative with our team selections. Schoupp doesn't even have a future at the club IMO.

First Grader

**** yes boys, Weaver has played heaps with Weaver so that's why he's out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Bad call dropping Kini and keeping Aaron Flop in the team.

I would have much rathered Kini at fullback and AJ at right centre. We need to be a bit adventurous not conservative with our team selections. Schoupp doesn't even have a future at the club IMO.
    It was done on defence which makes sense when Jimmy talks about the situation.

EAD Ennis and the Fox commentary team throwing some real shade at us in the pregame.

Awesome run and show and go by Klese.

- - - Updated - - -

**** yes boys, Weaver has played heaps with Weaver so that's why he's out there.

- - - Updated - - -

It was done on defence which makes sense when Jimmy talks about the situation.
    LMAO as Schoupp was our worst defensive decision maker by a long way last week.

First Grader

Not denying that but AJ is by far our best defensive 1 and can organise. We'd be giving Weaver to the wolves with Kini out the back as well, His time will come soon. AJs more important today for our longterm.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 19-08-23 at 05:41 PM.

David Fifita was absolutely dominated in that tackle and gave Penrith all the momentum for that try. He gets lost at marker on the ground way too often.

- - - Updated - - -

The refs are very good at finding our knock ons but swallow the whistle when it's the opposition.

- - - Updated - - -

Our post contact metres conceded and defensive line speed are looking Holbrookesque.

- - - Updated - - -

Sami is working his **** off while his team mates are clocking off. I know Penrith are a great team but jeez the effort defensively has been poor so far.

Rep Player

I’m so tired of Schoupp why the **** do they persist with this complete waste of a first grade spot. In the words of Eddie jones if you think he is our best centre option give yourself an uppercut

Fifita is having a real bludge defensively today.

Schoupp the idiot lucky they scored or he'd be sin binned. Really glad this idiot got a jersey this week over Kini. His level is Wallabies like his brother. GTFO of our club mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    I’m so tired of Schoupp why the **** do they persist with this complete waste of a first grade spot. In the words of Eddie jones if you think he is our best centre option give yourself an uppercut
    It's not Kini's time mate it's Schoupps LOLOLOLOLOL

**** me the sh!t for brains running this club infuriate me......

Rep Player

Hahahaha holy **** what a howler from the bunker

Rep Player

Schoupp is such a spaz lol