Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

It's a tough ask on Weaver, to lead the team with an inexperienced fullback and five-eight, I'd expect we will be surprised none the less considering. But lets not make this our spine next year off the back of one game, like we did similar to Sexton last season...

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Damn, gutted i'll miss this one! This reads as if the rest of the season will be used as additional trial games for Des looking to experiment, wouldn't be surprised if we get some more debutants/unusual selections in the next couple of games.
    Pretty much

See how far off certain guys are and how they respond being thrown in at top level

Tom Weaver is going to have a huge task on his hands defensively. They’ll throw heaps at him.

That's a heck of a team to debut against, dreams come true or nightmares and years of therapy begin

Eentsy, weentsy, teeny, tiny Titans take on the Mt. Druit Chocolate gangstas … can’t wait to watch the Forum self-immolate.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Gotta be the lightest halves pairing in NRL history lol, regardless I’m seen to see what the young fella’s can do. Tanah and Clark confirmed out for the season with both having surgery, at least Weaver will get a few game’s experience to finish the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Gotta be the lightest halves pairing in NRL history lol, regardless I’m seen to see what the young fella’s can do. Tanah and Clark confirmed out for the season with both having surgery, at least Weaver will get a few game’s experience to finish the year.
    Genuinely thought they were just dropping Tanah to try out Weaver.. now it all makes sense. That's 3 players getting shoulder surgeries (Boyd, Clark and Verrils to an extent). We might as well **** around and try out some more of the juniors, and get the main boys rested and ready to fire for pre season.

I hope we don't 'Jordan Rankin' him. Even without Boyd having surgery, I'm keen to see how Weaver goes against the big boys.
    Tough ask though against Penrith.

If Clark's out then I think a Josiah Pahulu debut would be on the cards before season's end, especially if Des is going youth movement.

Looking at the squad with all the changes might as well thow Francis in for schoupp. Good to see him named in the reserves either way good sign hopefully pahulu sneaks in the late mail

Rep Player

We have.zero chance the rest of the season but I love the teams named and am keen to see what they can do. Results be dammed let’s give the young fellas a go (I’m hoping AJ on the extended bench means Schoupp is out come game time)

I know we're going with youth for the future but Surely Jimmy is smart enough to not put Haas starting on the same edge as Weaver give Weaver needs Stimson to help defence gonna make it twice as hard for Weaver on debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Pretty much

See how far off certain guys are and how they respond being thrown in at top level

Tom Weaver is going to have a huge task on his hands defensively. They’ll throw heaps at him.
    I don't mind this though. Means we have something interesting to watch and the pressure has eased somewhat

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I know we're going with youth for the future but Surely Jimmy is smart enough to not put Haas starting on the same edge as Weaver give Weaver needs Stimson to help defence gonna make it twice as hard for Weaver on debut.
    Totally agree so I think Weaver will play on the left but then again logic isn’t our strong point.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Would love to know for certain if weaver and haas are defending next to each other as I think I'll bring in Sorenson in SC

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    I don't mind this though. Means we have something interesting to watch and the pressure has eased somewhat
    Yeah I agree mate

Thought Pahulu would've got a run this week but he only played like 15 minutes for Burleigh on the weekend in his return from injury. Prob needs another run or two for some match fitness.