Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    First Grader

For the short period he was on, Kini showed he is going to be one special player.

Jolliffe back the week after next I think. We could have the smallest bench in history.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Jolliffe back the week after next I think. We could have the smallest bench in history.
    is it too late to call Mikaele back??

One of the few non titans-broncos home games I’ve been to and the ref ruins it within 20 minutes. Nevertheless really happy with the boys efforts and made it worthwhile. Ruins what was shaping to be a possible late season run though. Regardless, gives me some hope for next year.

Jimmy confirms in post match interview that had AJ been fit he would have played centre.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Disgraceful Badger of a decision (again). I hope she catches the c*ap licking the windows on the bus, on her way back to the sanitarium.

Must say, even with a loss, that was perhaps one of the best performances I have ever seen by our boys. So gritty and tough and tried so hard til the end. Imagine if it was like that 80 minutes week in, week out. Crowd was electric tonight, even if it was majority wahs, we we're just as vocal. I've given the team flack this season as there have been some stupid losses, but man, games like this when they show what it means to be a Titan is why I could never turn my back on them ever.

Amazing how much better we look after the Holbrook sacking, wtf. What could have been if we sacked him earlier huh.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 04-08-23 at 10:22 PM.

First Grader

At this point I'm confused why Jimmy wasn't our coach all along, He seems so good and says everything I want to hear from our coach, He seems to know what it means to be a Titan if we have anything like that, He's trying to create it. Hopefully he takes over from Des when it happens after 3 titles.

Everyone has reacted so well from the firing and the players already look like they are benefiting. We've had to deal with bs from the refs pretty much every game but this team has been fighting constantly. This never happens when coaches get fired and we're trying our hearts out as a team, A lot of good signs.

This team since Holbrook has been gone is something to be proud of imo which was always hard under Holbrook with the collapses, We've been giving constant effort besides one half against the Roosters... It feels odd but I'm starting to trust this team to always give 100% which is nice.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 04-08-23 at 10:40 PM.

Jimmy has been fantastic! So much better than that other dud. I have to wonder about the limited minutes on the bench though. Down to twelve men early and you have three guys playing under 20? In real time, I'm not complaining - we were great for being a man down and if Lofi could catch, we probably win it. Catching practice for him this week, surely.

It's time for that site hosting video footage of what JWH got away with last week (far worse than what Brown got sent for last night) and so much worse that Mo's shot. He's on his feet trying to make a tackle. If that's a send off, we need to take tackling out of Rugby League. Can we just threaten the judiciary with a highlights reel of every tackle like that, that wasn't even a sinbin? I would seriously be walking into the judiciary with a JWH highlights reel from the previous week. His was worse than Val's last week and he is merely fined. It's time to call it out.

Cummins is an experienced referee. Either he is corrupt or he is so far past it, he has to go. I'm expecting Annesley to tell us on Monday that it was only worth 10 - but you never know, he might just see the smallest kid in the playground crying and like punching him in the guts anyway. New refs please. They're killing the game.

First Grader

he might just see the smallest kid in the playground crying and like punching him in the guts anyway
    It makes me feel better, Why are you spying on me?

Epic effort by the Titans with 12 men.

The Officials were appalling both ways, gross inconsistencies.

Forget all that, I thought we did not deserve to win tonight, a twelve man effort like that deserved rewards for the Titans, I hope the boys regroup after two weeks of gutsty play and a five day turn around....I hope they do some damage to some of the big boys as a confidence builder for next year.
    Last edited by Mt Smart; 04-08-23 at 11:13 PM.

Thanks for the kind words Mt Smart! Warriors fans have been stooged plenty of times by the refs over the years too. I think we are seen as an easy club to bully. And that’s going to change under Des and even before he comes we are taking steps in standing up for ourselves.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Onya Smarty, winners can be grinners and we will trot off into the sunset with another “what could have been” season. Your coach did his homework and ran SJ at BK then kicked to paddle hands Lofi, who must have got Brillcream on his fingers after his hair pulling tiff with DWZ = game over. Good luck for the finals, looking forward to another haka at the GF.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Watched the replay this morning after my rage subsided after being badgered again. As others have said was a great effort and honestly this has to convince me that this whole Tino nonsense crying about “muh holbrook” is just nonsense, we look a different team since the he’s been gone. Good riddance it’s funny when we see our best players on the field. It also shows what life would be like with JC and Kini on the field and AJ can replace Schoupp without a second thought.

We have no trouble scoring points and while not great our defence is much better and at least NRL standard. I still think we are a few pieces away but again next year if we can FINALLY put it together and score points, defend well , and not get ****ED every single game by inconsistent refereeing then we can be a top 8 mainstay.
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 05-08-23 at 07:45 AM.