Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 22: TITANS vs COWBOYS (2023)

TITANS vs COWBOYS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

QLD Cup

Well. What a conundrum, I want to see the Titans get back some pride even though the seasons over but I want to see the Cowboys get up the ladder as far as possible.

I'm not sure how we'll show up this week. I could see it coming against the Rorters. We were dudded at least three weeks in a row (if not four). What were we expecting against the Rorters? JWH does worse than Tino's shoulder charge each week and only ever gets fined. It's a complete joke. My 16 year old didn't even want to watch the game after previous weeks. This is despite him coming home from the hospital to Titans colours (and Maroon) on his cot all those years ago and he never misses a game. The NRL is in danger of losing too many passionate fans with their officiating.

That aside, selections and how we turn up this week will be interesting.

Holmes’ was infinitely worse than Tino’s … completely given up.

Same team this week so we can expect the same result.
    Last edited by Titanic; 25-07-23 at 05:19 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Same 17, same result. Pick one of either Clarke or Randall and bring in Mikaele. We get done for size every week. There’s no way a team like the Cowboys didn’t watch last game and start to rub their hands together. I don’t care where they play him but JC has to be on the field for 80.

Seriously what is it going to take to get AJ and JC on the field together for 80 minutes? We'll definitely need Tanah’s goal kicking when we are 24 nil down. The collective stupidity of the 2023 Titans coaching staff is still on full display.

I aree with all of NZFan's concerns.

Clarke and Randall are so incredibly redundant and Liu just does not make enough yardage consistently to be played as a prop. He hits the ball up with Aidan Tolmanesque venom.
    Last edited by The Birdman; 25-07-23 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Same 17, same result. Pick one of either Clarke or Randall and bring in Mikaele. We get done for size every week. There’s no way a team like the Cowboys didn’t watch last game and start to rub their hands together. I don’t care where they play him but JC has to be on the field for 80.
    Tend to agree. Clark was good last week but Randall gets the nod from me

Jimmy has shown he doesn't mind a late change so I'll be interested to see what he names come gameday. I'm not even sure it's much of a debate anymore - JC just has to be there somewhere.

Yep, but who do you drop? For me, it's Kelly and AJ moves to centre.

Agree on the small middles. I think Randall can play 80 at lock or close enough (and I mean that as a top compliment). He covers hooker better than Clark too, so that's an easy one for me, despite Clark's improvement.

I'd be picking a big bench this week with Iszac, Alick, Klese and Mikaele if he's fit enough for two 15 minute stints. It won't happen though, unfortunately.

They're a good pack and they're heavy on the bench. We've got our work cut out this weekend. Without some size and solid D, it could be an absolute carve up.

QLD Cup

Pick your best three and drop the other one from the 17 MT: Brimson, JC, Foran, Boyd. If AJ is going to centre then he needs to train there all off season and we need to have a game plan to get him involved. If we shift him to centre now he’ll just sit out there under-utilised, like JC was when he played there.

I’d be happy to start Mikaele just so his big body can attempt to negate some of the early pressure. Give him 20 in the first half and another 15 in the second if need be. If he can’t keep up with the pace then pull him earlier. Alternatively it should be IF. Liu is not a prop, he’s a good link player in the middle and when we have him there our starting pack at least has some size to it.

I’ve never been so bemused with game day selections than I have this year.
    Last edited by NZFan; 26-07-23 at 06:31 AM.

@NZF only AJ and JC really earn their salary each week but if JC can keep knocking the goals over then Foran gets that third spot with JC at 7. Surely Dessie is talking to Jimmy about who he wants to see strut their stuff.

This year is a complete contradiction that started off as a top 8 challenge and has turned into a re-building exercise again. Our roster make-up and depth have been exposed, the rookies have underwhelmed and our public profile has taken a massive run of upper-cuts.

QLD Cup

Completely agree with those points Titanic. It’s really deflating that we are back to a rebuild again. We came into this season with a lot of hype and hope but the decisions that were made at the start of the season regarding tactics and positions really haven’t payed off. I liked Holbrook as a person but he made those decisions and has to stand by them.

I’m still in the AJ to 6 camp. He plays like a Munster or Dylan Brown. JC isn’t a natural 6, he’s a fullback. Problem we have now is Dessie might not be able to see past Foran next year. If that’s the case we’re back to trying to fit our best players into other positions just to keep experience on the field.

On my way to the GC from Brissie for my first real life Titans game since 2019 due to you know what. Went to the Broncos v Roosters at the Gabba. It’s been great to reconnect with what I love and be around Rugby League fans. Today looks beautiful. It’s going to be very tough to beat a hot Cowboys team who are going for 7 in a row (I think). Can’t wait to be back at Robina. Even though I always did have a ticketed membership. We are going to need big games from people including AJ and JC and our forwards. Hopefully the pendulum swings and we get a fair go with the ref.

Off to Carrara Markets first though.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

You are one lucky barsted DH … I am with you in spirit. Have a “dogs eye” for me.

Haha I certainly will mate. Anyone wanna catch up PM me.

First Grader

Randall starting with Verrills to the bench. Don't hate it, May as well try stop their momentum when our bench is small with Randall being a great defender.