Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

I think it may have been Tino's kid running around in the box with Jimmy as they showed Tino up there a little later on. Tino seems happy...Fifi looks happy. Can we just end the contract BS already pleeeease.

Very proud of that whole team effort. The right edge changes held firm and vindicates previous week’s criticism but most of all was the committed scramble.

I feel Difita maybe carrying something but I am not going to criticize his efforts. Sure he wasn’t running off the back fence but it wasn’t that kind of game either. We strangled them which is something we never do.

I thought we got a 50/50 rub of the green from Smith, at the end it didn’t matter, the game flowed and we won convincingly against a class opposition.
    Last edited by Titanic; 30-07-23 at 06:13 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Bloody hell that was a Gritty win and agree with all on here some of that officiating in the last 20 was shocking

BK was great, Foz also but the whole team seemed to have each others back and wanted to play for each other haven’t seen that for a while in a titans team

Rep Player

Great win. The signs are all there we are just a coach and a piece of two away. Actually looking at the ladder bloody hell this year has to be one of the biggest what ifs given we threw away/got bunkered out of some wins this year

What did Jimmy say to them at halftime? What a great second 40!

Great efforts! Even Liu played well in the second half.

Oh yeh. Holding out the cowboys for 20 odd minutes of pressure. Great game.

Junior

Maybe a few things fell into place today.
    Randall snd Clark sharing 13,
    JC fullback, AJ centre

Surely we run out next week
    1. Campbell
    2. Sami
    3. Kelly
    4. Brimson
    5. Akp
    6. Foran
    7. Boyd
    8. Mo
    9. Verrills
    10. Liu
    11. Fifita
    12. Stimson
    13. Randall
    14. Clark
    15. Alick
    16. Haas
    17. Kini

Most of the issues with the current iteration of the Titans (suppose 2021-now) have almost never been due to a lack of talent. Hopefully, Des brings in the grit and intangibles the team has desperately needed because at times we're so enterprising and exciting to watch.

Also, will sleep well looking at the 16 Chris Randall posters on my wall tonight

Great win

Team has looked so much better since Holbrook was moved on. I liked him but na!

With a bit of luck and some better refereeing over the last 4 weeks we’d be right there in the final eight.

At least we have a team to be proud of again and all the pieces are there for a red hot go at the finals next year.

Well done boys

Great effort today by the boys.

For me, the last 2 games helped to firm up selections for next year.

AJ is one of my favourite players, but his game is all effort, elusive running and support runs. His passing game is not great, but i think fullback has to be his role. I know the modern day game is about a ball playing fullback chiming in to sweeping backline moves, but we have shown we have no issue scoring points.

I think next year we need to run with AJ, Campbell, Foran and Verrills as our spine. My concern was kicking game but Campbell and Foran have shown in last couple of weeks they have a kicking game which we can work on in the offseason. Boyd tries hard but his kicking game is too repetitive, and he has a habit of going into his shell when he makes a mistake.

Pleasing today we won against a strong Cowboys pack with realistically only 1 of our likely starting props for next season. For me, Tino and Mo to start next year, with a rotation of Joliffe and Paliasia.

Randall has been great and Clarke has stepped up last couple of weeks too. Want to see Randall start at 13 and Clarke to give him a spell. Liu nowhere near the 17.

Great win boys.
    Last edited by Ausphin; 30-07-23 at 08:09 PM.

I see glimpses of Jamie Lyon when I watch AJ at right centre. I trust Des to see that as well. Campbell problem solved 2024!

First Grader

Turns out Jojo most likely has a syndemosis injury, poor kid. Some interesting comments from Jimmy at the end of the press conference about AJ at centre, he didn't want to confirm anything but I reckon there is a fair chance he'll be named there again.

https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/te...tans-round-22/

Junior

Great win, I was sure we were going to leak a try and put more pressure on the last couple of minutes.
    We sit behind Titans bench, DF was 110% on board, up out of his seat, yelling and pacing before he returned for his final stint on the field.

I was delighted to hear that Titans had lost their last four matches. Voss must have mentioned it at least ten times or more during the game, even Borish Parker seemed to sound reasonable compared to this knob. EAD