Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Voss who has never played a game of league at any level has turned into the most opinionated plick of all time … his constant berating of anything and anyone is completely out of line. Furthermore the entire commentary community needs to take a good look at themselves especially focusing on any perceived infractions. The Bunker must be tuned in because even if a moron like Voss or Ginnane spot something then it immediately becomes true. Bloody full-on disgraceful negativity. They should only commentate on the flow of the game,
    Last edited by Titanic; 30-07-23 at 08:47 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Voss used to be good from memory back in his 9 days, He's turned into a full on wanker now, even on SEN he's unbearable to listen to.

How was the Sam Mac stuff hahahahhahaha, Loved seeing the boys get aggressive, no matter his weaknesses, At least Clark has some mongrel that we need in the team.

First Grader

Clark was actually pretty good today. Over the last 2 weeks he is getting done very good post contact metres with his leg drive. I also liked his offload to Lui who nearly scored

Great win against what I thought would be a loss.

I sit not far from the bench and when David Fifita came off he couldn’t sit still. When the boys were close to the bench he was up screaming instructions to the edge that he was on. It was great to see that despite sitting in the sidelines he was still trying to help Lofi out and the team.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Surprising win. Still have to scratch my head at some of the calls. Amount of upheld captains challenges should tell the NRL how we are still not getting it right on the field, little alone being penalised for celebrating.

I thought that was a fair call JB. I've always hated teams dragging opposition players into their celebrations. I'm sure you would've unloaded in the old days. I know I would've. I just hope the refs are consistent on that from now on. Hahahahahahaha!!!

But generally yeah. The refs are terrible and they hate us - Todd Smith in particular.

Val looks to be in trouble for that high shot which was worthy of 10 in the bin - but have a look at the JWH tackle the other night where he jumps of the ground to catch Haas high. That guy is a protected species.

I am anything but a protector of referees but yesterday at the crucial period in the first half we had penalties 7-1 in our favor which is a game leveler in anyone’s book and a sin bin. I know Smith is not a Titans sympathizer and there were some baffling decisions but in a high intensity defence oriented game like it was, I thought we got our fair share. We have had so much worse.

I want to add that we really went at it for the full 80 which added so positively to the drama. Still buzzing.

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    I thought that was a fair call JB. I've always hated teams dragging opposition players into their celebrations. I'm sure you would've unloaded in the old days. I know I would've. I just hope the refs are consistent on that from now on. Hahahahahahaha!!!

But generally yeah. The refs are terrible and they hate us - Todd Smith in particular.

Val looks to be in trouble for that high shot which was worthy of 10 in the bin - but have a look at the JWH tackle the other night where he jumps of the ground to catch Haas high. That guy is a protected species.
    Fair call for a warning, but there was no punches thrown it was just a melee in a contact sport. Seen it that many times, never saw a penalty blown for it. Guess we get all the hero ref calls

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I am anything but a protector of referees but yesterday at the crucial period in the first half we had penalties 7-1 in our favor which is a game leveler in anyone’s book and a sin bin. I know Smith is not a Titans sympathizer and there were some baffling decisions but in a high intensity defence oriented game like it was, I thought we got our fair share. We have had so much worse.

I want to add that we really went at it for the full 80 which added so positively to the drama. Still buzzing.
    Thanks for the perspective. I have seen a lot of teams complaining. We have had some absolute clangers but it's not limited to us. Once a person gets a victim complex it's easy to interpret every ref mistake as bias or intentional. This goes for life as for footy.

I'm not paranoid! It's just that everyone is out to get me.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post

The 7 penalties were justified though. Even the Cowboys coach acknowledged that post game. The game shouldn’t be in a habit of levelling penalties out throughout a match. I did think the ref missed a couple in our favour though, most notably the forward pass before one of our reviews.

I think the thing that we all want is consistency and some of the calls were made late in the game weren’t consistent with other calls made in recent times. It did seem like the red was looking for opportunities to let the Cowboys back in and I’m glad that we managed to repel them regardless of the back luck calls.

At the end of the day though we need to be smarter. Sami should never have run in when the game was on the line. It was a dumb play and the sort of play that this team needs to rid itself of to negate the ability of the refs to decide the outcome.

Completely agree Kiwi, they were all deserved and I am sure we could find others but the most annoying piece for me is we consistently make an error (eg Liu) then give away a penalty then multiple "6 agains", leading to a try. Of course there is the fatigue factor and the logic of giving away a penalty is better than giving away a try but they don't make it any less galling.