Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Results 91 to 100 of 100
  1. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I have been a critic of Clarke but I thought objectively this was a good performance from him today. 157 metres, 4 offloads, 25 tackles and lots of involvement in linking play. He was clearly one of the better forwards today.
    Have been saying for a while...If the rest of our pack (bench included) showed the energy, aggression and enthusiasm that Clark shows...(Tino and Jaimin excluded) we'd have more wins. Sure he's a smaller forward...but put his efforts/heart into Haas and IF and you'd have two more Jaimin Jolliffe types out there each week. Stimson has been good too, but needs help!
    Last edited by Menoitios; 22-07-23 at 08:12 PM.

  2. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Have been saying for a while...If the rest of our pack (bench included) showed the energy, aggression and enthusiasm that Clark shows...(Tino and Jaimin excluded) we'd have more wins. Sure he's a smaller forward...but put his efforts/heart into Haas and IF and you'd have two more Jaimin Jolliffe types out there each week. Stimson has been good too, but needs help!
    Clark looks ok on the box score but he lacks good first contact and often has to tackle low. He lets the opposition roll through him.

  3. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Clark looks ok on the box score but he lacks good first contact and often has to tackle low. He lets the opposition roll through him.
    There aren't too many in the nrl that complete effective one on one tackles every time. If blokes either side of him come in to help wrap up/ stop the off load...

    That's where energy and enthusiasm from team mates come into it. I've already addressed his stature.

    If everyone around him matched his willingness to compete...

    It's one of those situations...put his heart into the bigger bodies and see the impact it produces. The real question is...can the other players around him match his desire (even if he can't physically do it himself)

    I like Erin Clark and his tenacity.

  4. #94
    First Grader
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Those who thought Clarke today was poor must have been watching a different game to me. It was easily his best game of the season and I have been a critic most of the year, but credit is due to Clarke today

  5. #95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Those who thought Clarke today was poor must have been watching a different game to me. It was easily his best game of the season and I have been a critic most of the year, but credit is due to Clarke today
    I'm with you, WD! Thought he had a very good game.

  6. #96
    Immortal Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next door to Alice
    Posts
    10,406

    Default

    Our roster is so out of shape and Lenihans “we have been pushing them to the limit” explanation makes judging performances so subjective. Is he inferring that under Holbrook we weren’t fit enough or tough enough?

    Clark’s determination has never been questioned and today was a better effort but when you consider the likes of him, Haas and Vuna etc compared to the Butchers and Brown for example, we are so far off the mark in size, effort and skill.
    Last edited by Titanic; 22-07-23 at 11:07 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

  7. #97
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    6,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Boyd is the perfect 3rd half/back up for anyteam. Get rid of him and you only replace him with players of the same kind quality. He doesnt really deserve a starting position in the NRL tbh but getting rid of him is idiotic. You couldnt even get a half like Brad Schneider and Jack Cogger for the same price as Boyd(im guessing). Same with Clark.
    Spot on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Those who thought Clarke today was poor must have been watching a different game to me. It was easily his best game of the season and I have been a critic most of the year, but credit is due to Clarke today
    Yeah I agree WD.

  8. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Our roster is so out of shape and Lenihans “we have been pushing them to the limit” explanation makes judging performances so subjective. Is he inferring that under Holbrook we weren’t fit enough or tough enough?

    Clark’s determination has never been questioned and today was a better effort but when you consider the likes of him, Haas and Vuna etc compared to the Butchers and Brown for example, we are so far off the mark in size, effort and skill.
    Haas is a baby so I give him latitude. His efforts in cup and colts tell me he just needs to build his experience and a bit of bulk but he’ll be fine imo. Clarke is a strange one, tries super hard but gets found out a lot

    The lenihan comments are interesting about redlining at training. The guys have not been fading away as much so maybe they weren’t as fit in the first half but also maybe des has popped by and asked for a new fitness regime to begin in prep for the offseason?

    But this season was a wash after we choked away the dolphins lead, the bye points gave us false ladder standings. I think we probably don’t win another game this year so let’s debut some more players see what they have and start sniffing around the broncos for some more middles because they have a bucketload under contract. Imagine big willison coming off the bench for us with iszaac and palasia. Would be nice

  9. #99
    QLD Cup
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ashmore
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Sadly I felt that this was coming: that we would play the Roosters into form following three games we could have won. Unfortunately, I had a visitor from Japan so I took him. It wasn't a good experience having to endure the whole game when I would normally switch off the tv. That said, I did feel Clarke gave his all and AJ excels when there is space through the middle in support of the forwards. With the forwards being dominated this wasnt possible. JC had more penetration but by then the Roosters forwards were knackered.

  10. #100

    Default

    Pretty sure this year is the fittest the squad has ever been. Still not enough though. A week of sandhills doesn't cut it.
    Hasler will fix that.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew