Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I am tired of these performances. The ones where we have checked out. No effort in that first half at all. Season on the line, home game and we play an underperforming roosters team into form. So angry.

Junior

We need Dessie's siege mentality and quick.
    A couple new plays could be handy as well, the block play just not doing anything for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    He’d be outstanding tbf

The athleticism holds him back majorly on both sides of the ball
    Well there's the dilemma boys which is why he is crap...end of story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Roosters haven't scored 30 points all year, until they played us, that is.

This is what we get for sticking with Holdudd for as long as we did.
    No-one wants to hear it mate but it will take a rebuild there is no doubt

QLD Cup

He’d be outstanding tbf

He’s slow but he’s not as slow as everybody on here makes it out to be. Yes, he’s less than average but he had a lot of other good qualities that Boyd does not. Boyd is faster than him but has only run over 50metres in a game 5 times this season. Sexton ran 138m in his first game for the Dogs, then over 50m within the 38mins that he was on the field in the second game.

Not saying that I wouldn’t take Hunt or any other established half over him but we definitely backed the wrong horse this year. Boyd had 3 average games at the back end of last year when the team finally started to click and everyone thought he’d be the saviour. If I was his agent I’d be trying to offload him to the super league as an NRL half while he still can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Coast 88 View Post
    losing confidence in Jimmy, starting with Randall at Prop. This club lacks serious footy IQ
    Yep this...thank F@ck we have some goddam credentials and high level experience turning up next year.
    Probably won't see instant results but for the love of God please change the essence of this club

Yeah Holbrook and Lenihan both know how to put out some lol worthy team lists.

For the love of God Des please pick your best players in the starting 13. That means having the balls to find a way to get JC, AJ and possibly Kini into your starting 1-7 somehow.

Yes I know most will roll their eyes but these guys are too good not to be playing 80 minutes every week.

Either that or swap one of them for a quality half (not 33 year old Hunt) if possible.

Hunt should be a freebie given his status or let St George have fun with that problem

Junior

He’d be outstanding tbf

Agree, his short kicking game was outstanding last year. Lead the comp in forced drop outs

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Yeah Holbrook and Lenihan both know how to put out some lol worthy team lists.

For the love of God Des please pick your best players in the starting 13. That means having the balls to find a way to get JC, AJ and possibly Kini into your starting 1-7 somehow.

Yes I know most will roll their eyes but these guys are too good not to be playing 80 minutes every week.

Either that or swap one of them for a quality half (not 33 year old Hunt) if possible.

Hunt should be a freebie given his status or let St George have fun with that problem
    im with you JC, Kini and AJ atleast in the 17, preferably starting 13

Let’s not forget Holbrook punted Fogarty as well as Sexton. Des will sort that out very quickly. JC at 7 given he can kick a bit will do me at least for now. Haas had the worst first half in defence I’ve ever seen from an edge player and the small pack strategy just sucks. Our season is now done and we are destined to to be 14th or worse with our draw. Ole Sour Grapes can choke on that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    He’s slow but he’s not as slow as everybody on here makes it out to be. Yes, he’s less than average but he had a lot of other good qualities that Boyd does not. Boyd is faster than him but has only run over 50metres in a game 5 times this season. Sexton ran 138m in his first game for the Dogs, then over 50m within the 38mins that he was on the field in the second game.

Not saying that I wouldn’t take Hunt or any other established half over him but we definitely backed the wrong horse this year. Boyd had 3 average games at the back end of last year when the team finally started to click and everyone thought he’d be the saviour. If I was his agent I’d be trying to offload him to the super league as an NRL half while he still can.
    I know 4/5 of your posts are about your dislike for Tanah Boyd or Erin Clark but you’ve got to keep in mind that a players value to the roster is relative to their salary and contribution. There is zero point shipping Tanah Boyd to Super League. I don’t think anyone saw him as a saviour. Just the best option on the roster at the time. And that still stands really.

QLD Cup

I know 4/5 of your posts are about your dislike for Tanah Boyd or Erin Clark but you’ve got to keep in mind that a players value to the roster is relative to their salary and contribution. There is zero point shipping Tanah Boyd to Super League. I don’t think anyone saw him as a saviour. Just the best option on the roster at the time. And that still stands really.
    Just like there was zero point in shipping Sexton to the Dogs without giving him an opportunity to play with a decent hooker and alongside Foran. I’m simply saying that I think we made the wrong decision. He’s reached his potential, his roster spot and salary could be spent on journeyman half like Sezer who could actually lead this team around.

Seriously disappointing today. We didn't show up and the first sets for both sides told a story. I have enough digs at the refs so I'll just say that.

I just don't think Klese is up to NRL and I'd like to see Alick on his wrong side. Klese leaks points each week although often it is due to our insides not working hard enough (but the way he turned his shoulders ... honestly ... that was an invitation to step inside). In saying that, no probs with yough Isczak, who only got 10?

I'm not sure what's going on at training but JC has looked the better FB over recent weeks. I'd give Brimo one last shot before moving him to centre.

Our left side works against some teams but the Rorters did their homework. It didn't take them much time to work it out.

Starting with that combination of middles was even dumber than Holbrook. As if Randall, Clark and Mo can handle JWH, Big Lindsay and Brown.

All we did today was enhance Tino's bargaining power. If he stays, we'll be paying heaps more after that effort. I hope he does but he can't be captain again.

Now can someone tell me what the hell is going on with starting side selections? Jimmy is losing me fast.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Just like there was zero point in shipping Sexton to the Dogs without giving him an opportunity to play with a decent hooker and alongside Foran. I’m simply saying that I think we made the wrong decision. He’s reached his potential, his roster spot and salary could be spent on journeyman half like Sezer who could actually lead this team around.
    I agree. A lack of speed can easily be nullified by having brains/support/experience and skill/class around a player. Toby had none of that. Toby's kicking game (short, long and high), passing game and defensive game are better than Boyd's IMO. Having some help in an experienced 6 and 9 would have been invaluable to us as a team and Sexton as a player. Boyd's goal kicking is good, but so was Sexton's until his confidence got shot.

Tannah aint it...but putting him behind a pack like that didn't help today.

Side note...JC's goal kicking today was impressive.
    Last edited by Menoitios; 22-07-23 at 08:50 PM.

First Grader

I have been a critic of Clarke but I thought objectively this was a good performance from him today. 157 metres, 4 offloads, 25 tackles and lots of involvement in linking play. He was clearly one of the better forwards today.

Boyd is the perfect 3rd half/back up for anyteam. Get rid of him and you only replace him with players of the same kind quality. He doesnt really deserve a starting position in the NRL tbh but getting rid of him is idiotic. You couldnt even get a half like Brad Schneider and Jack Cogger for the same price as Boyd(im guessing). Same with Clark.