Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 21: ROOSTERS vs TITANS (2023)

ROOSTERS vs TITANS
    3pm SATURDAY 22ND JULY

Match details: https://www.titans.com.au/draw/nrl-p...ns-v-roosters/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I’ve been trying to be patient with Tannah and there has been slight improvements in his short kicking options, but he gets flustered and doesn’t get past his 1st option.

I think any chance of making the 8 is gone, so Des should be in Lenihan’s ear about team selections. If we aren’t resigning Kelly then why keep picking him. Lets try something like

Campbell
    Khan-Perrera
    Schoupp
    Fifita
    Sami
    Brimson
    Foran
    Tino
    Verrills
    Mo
    Haas
    Fifita
    Randall

Boyd
    Stimson
    Liu
    Alick

Foran’s long kicking game is not great, and guess maybe JC as goalkicker.
    Last edited by Ausphin; 16-07-23 at 08:28 PM.

No downtown kickers there Aus. We've suffered just having one but without any, we can expect to defend our tryline even more.

If you don't like Tannah then the future is Weaver at 7. Foran hasn't too much longer.

No appeal. Tino gone for 3 weeks. For THAT.

I am so angry.

First Grader

Jimmy named a nice team this week, glad to see Stimson on the bench where he should be used as a middle. Also glad to see Alick again, hopefully theres more of a plan to get him involved this week. Only thing I would change is Randall at 13 over Clark, but I’m sure he’ll get massive minutes anyway so no big deal

This team is unironically the team Holbrook should have been naming imo

With Tino at 10 Liu at 13 and Clarke in reserve grade obviously but yeah

Jarrod Wallace let off at the judiciary. Should have just appealed it.

Wallace getting off and us not even bothering to challenge Tino’s charge shows exactly where we are as a club we get game changing decisions go against weekly and when was the last time our coach got a fine for going too far in a presser or even challenging at the judiciary. We are known as an easy push over hence the numerous articles about Dave and Tino’s contract without a single pushback from our front office. How the owners didn’t give Jim the go ahead to say what is blatantly obvious to anyone that watches our games when will we be taken seriously.

I hope Tino’s meek at best sitting out doesn’t have other connotations … very suspicious from our captain.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I hope Tino’s meek at best sitting out doesn’t have other connotations … very suspicious from our captain.
    Who's choice is it to fight, the club or the player or both?

Given that we are two wins out of the 8 someone or both parties have given up on the season

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Who's choice is it to fight, the club or the player or both?

Given that we are two wins out of the 8 someone or both parties have given up on the season
    Club generally.

Players wouldn't have a clue of the precedent for the incident, how it's interpreted by the judiciary and if theyre a chance of getting off. Club keeps tabs on judiciary process and outcomes for different incidents to determine whether a challenge makes sense for their own cases going forward.

We don't do well when going to judiciary, remember when we sent Mal to plead a case for Fifita I think

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Club generally.

Players wouldn't have a clue of the precedent for the incident, how it's interpreted by the judiciary and if theyre a chance of getting off. Club keeps tabs on judiciary process and outcomes for different incidents to determine whether a challenge makes sense for their own cases going forward.
    That's a shame in that case. I think we learnt our Mal lesson last time and hired a sponsored barrister and won the one after that.

My fondest judiciary memory will be having Fifita trying to defend Walsh. That was pure gold.

Tino wasn’t going to get let off like Wallace was. Tino is looked at as a thug right now because the nsw media painted him to be one when api broke his jaw trying to tackle tinos arms

I think tino was right to not contest it the judiciary was clearly a warning shot about the bumpers even if they couldn’t make them stick. Just like al Capone getting done for bad tax returns

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    Tino wasn’t going to get let off like Wallace was. Tino is looked at as a thug right now because the nsw media painted him to be one when api broke his jaw trying to tackle tinos arms

I think tino was right to not contest it the judiciary was clearly a warning shot about the bumpers even if they couldn’t make them stick. Just like al Capone getting done for bad tax returns
    Wait are you saying there is bias at all levels of the NRL?