Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

3x errors out of yardage and poorly managed good-ball possession in the final 10 cost us. As soon as we got ahead by 6 we stopped playing football and started trying not to lose.

First Grader

Yeah, This is where I actually question our juniors and all the talk about it if I'm being honest... Is it a few years away?

The guys stepping up aren't exactly showing they're up to NRL level.. Obviously we need more time to judge but we can't compare ouurselves to Panthers or anyone when we can barely make 12th right now...

We don't seem to be to far off but at the same time we are...
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 16-07-23 at 08:13 PM.

Rep Player

We aren’t a good team and will never get a call these 2 things go hand in hand. I’m still watching us I’m just struggling to gives ****. If it’s not the effort costing us it’s the NRL and it’s joke of an officiating and I’m sorry the bunker needs to go, week after week I’ve never seen a system get so much so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Yeah, This is where I actually question our juniors and all the talk about it if I'm being honest... Is it a few years away?

The guys stepping up aren't exactly showing they're up to NRL level.
    What?

Anyone else losing a little patience with Boyd in these last few weeks? Does some really dumb stuff at crucial times in the game.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Hunt has like 1 career field goal in 300 games
    It’s not just about missing a field goal, its the game management. Why are we constantly going right when theres absolutely no threats out there?Why are we going for a field goal on the 3rd tackle when everyone watching knows Tanah’s gonna miss? Why are you PUNTING IT TO THE CORNER WITH 1:30 LEFT?? We will never win anything with him steering the ship, I don’t care how young or inexperienced he is

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Do you think our captain has high footy IQ...this is not a trick question?
    I've been on record saying he's inspirational in his actions but he's not a leader/captain.
    Last edited by The Birdman; 16-07-23 at 08:17 PM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    What?
    I'm just over being told we've got the best juniors system compared to Panthers, Broncos, Parra or anyone like McCormick said... They've got guys coming into their teams doing a job where as we in reality don't really yet... At what point real results?

I'm probably more aiming at the fact that we're spending 2m or so on props yet still can't defend there???? Is it purely coaching or what's going on? I'm sick of watching our defence just give up 50/60 casually every time.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 16-07-23 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    We aren’t a good team and will never get a call these 2 things go hand in hand. I’m still watching us I’m just struggling to gives ****. If it’s not the effort costing us it’s the NRL and it’s joke of an officiating and I’m sorry the bunker needs to go, week after week I’ve never seen a system get so much so wrong.
    Mate seriously how can the bunker get it so wrong when they aren't even on any offical time restraints...time is what creates pressure and they don't have any limit

I'm just over being told we've got the best juniors system compared to Panthers, Broncos, Parra or anyone... They've got guys coming into their teams doing a job where as we in reality don't really yet...

I'm probably more aiming at the fact that we're spending 2m or so on props yet still can't defend there???? Is it purely coaching or what's going on? I'm sick of watching our defence just give up 50/60 casually every time.
    We have Campbell, Lofi, Kelly, Sami, Mo, AJ, Isaak F(?), Kini who is largely unproven at this level. Boyd came from Brisbane, Foran from Manly, both hookers poached. We seem to bring through backs but lacking everywhere else apart from Mo.

I'm just over being told we've got the best juniors system compared to Panthers, Broncos, Parra or anyone like McCormick said... They've got guys coming into their teams doing a job where as we in reality don't really yet... At what point real results?

The two points you make have no real relevance to each other mate. Have a think about why we’re losing games (in your view). Then have a think about what you’re asking about junior systems. You could graduate 10 kids to NRL a year it doesn’t guarantee you anything. Are you asking where our NRL ready middles are?

Our middle defence wasn’t that bad today after the first 20.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 16-07-23 at 08:36 PM.

QLD Cup

Didn't watch the game. Looked at the score. We aren't being blown away in the last few games. We just don't know how to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Didn't watch the game. Looked at the score. We aren't being blown away in the last few games. We just don't know how to win.
    And that's where Des comes in.

First Grader

Yeah I agree, I'm not asking for kids straight out of NRL and I have been one of the only people here saying Haas has done well for his job asked but he's not up to it yet. I'm not talking about juniors at all.

I know it's the stars who come through and wondering who these juniors are for us...

Jojo is sitting on the bench most of the time, JC can't get on the field, Haas isn't liked around here, Lofi has his ups and downs, Toby is gone, Alick doesn't look like getting re-signed, Francis????...Iszac has been great. Weaver needs more time. Kinis ready but where do you put him?

Our juniors are working but I think there needs to be brakes on how much people are pumping it when other junior systems are real good to, Didn't mean to target it at ours...

At some point the juniors need to start coming through and I think they'll be great.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 16-07-23 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    I've been on record saying he's inspirational in his actions but he's not a leader/captain.
    Yep I know and this is the foundation to our high footy daftness.
    Would Tino still be inspirational without being captain?
    The answer is paramount on how Sorry should look at the equation and I'm guessing he may not be confident in following Hurricane's wisdom.