Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    They can bring the bunker in to incorrectly rule on things all season when everyone with a pulse can see they are wrong, then the ref cant send a player off for a BLATANT red card infringment, miss knock ons and incorrect offside calls, they ping us last week for the same call (even though the dolphins were guilty of the exact same thing) they then come out and now tell us that we were duded. Tell me again PVL why I should spend a ****ing dollar of my money supporting the NRL when all you do is just **** us or another club over every.single.week with nonsense calls that they cannot seem to call evenly or even set a basic standard for! its just a flip of the coin as to what absolute dip**** has the whistle in his mouth or what mouth breathing moron is sitting in the bunker each week.

We arent playing well but we are basically playing us vs the opposition vs the refs and bunker the last 3 weeks and I have an absolute gutful of it.

They can bring the bunker in to incorrectly rule on things all season when everyone with a pulse can see they are wrong, then the ref cant send a player off for a BLATANT red card infringment, miss knock ons and incorrect offside calls, they ping us last week for the same call (even though the dolphins were guilty of the exact same thing) they then come out and now tell us that we were duded. Tell me again PVL why I should spend a ****ing dollar of my money supporting the NRL when all you do is just **** us or another club over every.single.week with nonsense calls that they cannot seem to call evenly or even set a basic standard for! its just a flip of the coin as to what absolute dip**** has the whistle in his mouth or what mouth breathing moron is sitting in the bunker each week.

We arent playing well but we are basically playing us vs the opposition vs the refs and bunker the last 3 weeks and I have an absolute gutful of it.
    Ditto, Cancelled Kayo. OVer the NRL and their bull****. Annesley blamed the touchie. "and it was unfortunate that the team who lost last week because of the right call was caught up again this week with the wrong call"

Even the Gutho try, he says you have to assume the ball is down and his hand isn't. You need undeniable proof to overturn the on field decision. They're all crooks.

QLD Cup

Well said 5year. The whole game is cooked at the moment. The fact that the refs have so much discretion in their decision making allows this to happen. They took away the second ref for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than so save money.

The role of the bunker and its inconsistency is just icing on the cake. The game needs simplifying. Union is too far gone with the amount of subjectivity in its rules but it's not too late for league. Bring back the second referee. Change the forward pass rule back to how it is used to be interpreted so that passes actually have to go backwards (I realise that passes drift forward with momentum, players just need to adjust their timing). Use the bunker to penalise players that shoot offside and ditch the momentum changing six again rule. The rules at the moment allow the referee to decide to the game, not officiate it.

Well said mate!
    The absolute biggest blight in the NRL is the officiating.
    Across the board appalling and embarrassing!

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Well said 5year. The whole game is cooked at the moment. The fact that the refs have so much discretion in their decision making allows this to happen. They took away the second ref for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than so save money.

The role of the bunker and its inconsistency is just icing on the cake. The game needs simplifying. Union is too far gone with the amount of subjectivity in its rules but it's not too late for league. Bring back the second referee. Change the forward pass rule back to how it is used to be interpreted so that passes actually have to go backwards (I realise that passes drift forward with momentum, players just need to adjust their timing). Use the bunker to penalise players that shoot offside and ditch the momentum changing six again rule. The rules at the moment allow the referee to decide to the game, not officiate it.
    You're onto it NZF. The refs have too much to do in coaching teams to play within the rules. Just listen to them - it's non stop. They don't need to say what kind of tackle it is - just get off and let him play it. If you look at the ref while holding down - ping him. Don't call out offside defenders - blow the whistle. No bloody first names either. No captains challenges and touchies - do your bloody job! Tries from forward passes - use technology to see if it's thrown backwards out of the hands - it's available. Put sensors on the sidelines, deadball lines and trylines. It's all available. Do we want a game or do we want wagering content?

Yeah I've loved this game for the best part of 35 years but I'm really having trouble getting the motivation to watch lately. The love of the game is hard to maintain when you factor in how poor we've been as a club for the last 12 years AND the horrific officiating we always end up on the rough side of.

RL I think we need a break soon.

Stick a fork in me , I am done.
    I knew the fix was on when a few seasons back Latrell kicked out with both legs after a tackle and broke AJ's jaw. Nothing to see here move on.
    How many memberships has it cost our club on supporters who have just given up. That affects our home game bottom line.
    How can the free to air broadcaster give us so few games. That costs us popularity and supporters, yet the NRL allow it to happen.
    There are the protected species ,and the sacred cows, and then there is us , just to make up the numbers.

Apologies are a dime a dozen you muppet. Here is a free one for you. I am sorry that you are such a knob.

The last three weeks have cost most of our supporters plenty of emotional grief, and we have been relegated to the also rans without hope of finals .

Surely there are enough angry punters (certainly I am not one) that could launch a class action for negligence against the NRL. They may have lost their money on the pure incompetence of the Referees.

Perhaps we should start a fund to pay for the Hasler press conferences next year.

First Grader

This is the type of response we want from our coaches and onya Jimmy for calling out Annersley fpr being wrong.

Titans coach Lenihan fumes after NRL admits ref error

Gold Coast coach Jim Lenihan is fuming after the NRL admitted the Titans should have been awarded a penalty in front of the posts in the closing minutes of Parramatta's 25-24 win over his side on Sunday night.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley conceded at his weekly football briefing on Monday that Eels forwards Ryan Matterson and Shaun Lane were both one metre offside when the ball cleared the ruck before Titans No.7 Tanah Boyd missed a 76th minute field goal attempt at CommBank Stadium.

"They are at least one metre over the goal line as the ball clears the ruck which places them offside," Annesley said.

"There is no doubt that the touch judge on the near side should have called those players offside. When the ball was charged down by Lane the referee (Chris Butler) should have penalised him on the advice of the touch judge, but that advice didn't come."

Gold Coast would have taken a 26-25 lead with a successful penalty goal attempt.

The Titans lost 23-21 in golden point to the Dolphins the previous week when forward Erin Clark was penalised for the same offside infringement as Matterson and Lane's. The Dolphins landed the penalty from in front and won the game.

Lenihan said "it is certainly disappointing that we just can't seem to get a call our way at the moment".

"It is hard to swallow, really hard to swallow," Lenihan told AAP.

"What can I do about it? They are certainly not going to give me two competition points which is what we are playing 80 minutes of football for.

"I am certainly not happy about this. We are working hard to be a club that won't be bullied on the field or off the field."

Lenihan said Eels prop Reagan Campbell-Gillard should also have been penalised a minute later when Boyd missed a second field goal from right in front.

"Campbell-Gillard was not square at marker and was told so by the referee on the mic," Lenihan fumed.

"He still doesn't blow a penalty, one minute after Eels players on the tryline leave early.

"They can't find a penalty twice for us in the last four minutes but find one against us in golden point the week before."

Annesley also reviewed the Campbell-Gillard incident and said it was "a little more subjective" after Butler called him offside. Campbell-Gillard ran five metres before aborting any attempt at charge down.

"If the player responds to the call more often than not the referee won't take action," Annesley said.

Lenihan did not agree there was anything subjective about it.

"It is not subjective when he is told he is not square and is offside. When he moves inside a 10 metre radius of the player (Boyd) the whistle has to be blown for a penalty," he said.

"The same thing happened to us when (Titans winger) Phil Sami had one foot in front of the kicker but by the time the kick lands he is within a 10 metres and they blow a penalty against him."

The Titans are four points outside the top eight and a win against the Eels would have been crucial to their finals hopes.

Lenihan said he had sent NRL referees boss Jared Maxwell an email on Monday morning and wanted to speak to him about Sunday night's incidents and other recent calls that have gone against the Titans.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 18-07-23 at 09:57 AM.

So refreshing having a coach speak his mind and show the club isn’t happy with outcomes instead of “we just need to work harder and have a look at It”

Too bloody right … what a cluster fark.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The fact that the ref even called him out and can hear on the mic is blatant match fixing the bunker should be able to jump in! and we should get the two points if the NRL weren't cowards and owned by gambling money

So do we turn the game into a farce like when hookers were throwing balls into offside players to draw a penalty? I mean we can do that to show the incompetence. Not a good look for the game or fans though.

Line up for a field goal, listen for an offside call, point at the fact he's with in 10m and throw the ball at their head. Break in play forces a decision from the ref or a captains challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    This is the type of response we want from our coaches and onya Jimmy for calling out Annersley fpr being wrong.

Titans coach Lenihan fumes after NRL admits ref error

Gold Coast coach Jim Lenihan is fuming after the NRL admitted the Titans should have been awarded a penalty in front of the posts in the closing minutes of Parramatta's 25-24 win over his side on Sunday night.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley conceded at his weekly football briefing on Monday that Eels forwards Ryan Matterson and Shaun Lane were both one metre offside when the ball cleared the ruck before Titans No.7 Tanah Boyd missed a 76th minute field goal attempt at CommBank Stadium.

"They are at least one metre over the goal line as the ball clears the ruck which places them offside," Annesley said.

"There is no doubt that the touch judge on the near side should have called those players offside. When the ball was charged down by Lane the referee (Chris Butler) should have penalised him on the advice of the touch judge, but that advice didn't come."

Gold Coast would have taken a 26-25 lead with a successful penalty goal attempt.

The Titans lost 23-21 in golden point to the Dolphins the previous week when forward Erin Clark was penalised for the same offside infringement as Matterson and Lane's. The Dolphins landed the penalty from in front and won the game.

Lenihan said "it is certainly disappointing that we just can't seem to get a call our way at the moment".

"It is hard to swallow, really hard to swallow," Lenihan told AAP.

"What can I do about it? They are certainly not going to give me two competition points which is what we are playing 80 minutes of football for.

"I am certainly not happy about this. We are working hard to be a club that won't be bullied on the field or off the field."

Lenihan said Eels prop Reagan Campbell-Gillard should also have been penalised a minute later when Boyd missed a second field goal from right in front.

"Campbell-Gillard was not square at marker and was told so by the referee on the mic," Lenihan fumed.

"He still doesn't blow a penalty, one minute after Eels players on the tryline leave early.

"They can't find a penalty twice for us in the last four minutes but find one against us in golden point the week before."

Annesley also reviewed the Campbell-Gillard incident and said it was "a little more subjective" after Butler called him offside. Campbell-Gillard ran five metres before aborting any attempt at charge down.

"If the player responds to the call more often than not the referee won't take action," Annesley said.

Lenihan did not agree there was anything subjective about it.

"It is not subjective when he is told he is not square and is offside. When he moves inside a 10 metre radius of the player (Boyd) the whistle has to be blown for a penalty," he said.

"The same thing happened to us when (Titans winger) Phil Sami had one foot in front of the kicker but by the time the kick lands he is within a 10 metres and they blow a penalty against him."

The Titans are four points outside the top eight and a win against the Eels would have been crucial to their finals hopes.

Lenihan said he had sent NRL referees boss Jared Maxwell an email on Monday morning and wanted to speak to him about Sunday night's incidents and other recent calls that have gone against the Titans.
    I love this bloke

Junior

They may as well stop golden point and go back to a draw. In covering their **** last week, the NRL have now ensured whoever wins the toss will be able to go down field and either get an uncontested field goal (plenty of time to set and kick) or an offside penalty. If you dont win the toss your chances of winning are now very much reduced.

Fu**** love this Jimmy!! We’ve been crying out for this type of statement from our man in charge!