Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    I'll be very surprised if Jimmy goes with that starting 13. I'm also wondering about Haas on the left. Is that his preferred side and is he getting that spot ahead of Alick who likes it there? Or is it more smoke and mirrors from our Jimmy?

Or is Alick only going to get time as a middle? That'd seem wasteful.
    Yeah Alick will play middle. I'm a bit nervous about it to be fair - should be ok with limited minutes but I've said it before that his showing for PNG at the WC doesn't really say much about his ability to play it at a higher level. I hope he goes well and I'll be cheering for him - I know you've been hanging out for his debut MT

Haas can play both sides but I also thought he'd be playing right with Stimson left. Will be a treat for Haas if he does get to play outisde Foran.

That bench surely can't be rolled out on gameday as-is. Mikaele is healthy now, albeit only having the 1 game since returning from injury. Jojo being there instead of him makes no sense, as much as I want to see Jojo in the 13 somewhere.

Thanks HS. Can't wait to see how it all plays out. I've got faith in Jimmy.

How on earth are we favourites for this game?

Few quotes from Foz:

"We're paid to play rugby league, we don't make decisions, our job is to get results and play footy and that's what we've got to do and that is all we are focusing on at the moment," he said.

"For these young guys that maybe haven't experienced anything like that it can take an even bigger toll, so we're just getting around one another at the moment.

"Everyone has been positive and at the end of the day we are just focusing on results. That is our job and that is what we've got to do."

"We're focusing on getting results for the club, that is our job and we are turning our attention to the Dolphins this weekend and we will be doing everything we can to represent the Gold Coast Titans well," Foran said.

Repeated three times that their job is to get results for the club.

Same reason Mitchell and co opted for the Holbrook > Hasler move. Wanted better results for the club. Not because Holbrook was terrible, just that they wanted better.

I know it seems extremely obvious, but it's refreshing to hear that instead of how emotional it's been that Holbrook was sacked because of how close they were to him as players. Remove the emotion, understand the club is acting in your best interests as players, and get on with it like a professional.

It's little nuggets like this that make me appreciate Foran's leadership and influence on the group.

Proof is already there in the playing group that we are a better team for it, beat the Broncos and if it wasn't for some stupid plays and a (allegedly) cheating NRL we would have beaten Canberra, no 2nd half fades in 2 out of 2 games

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Few quotes from Foz:

"We're paid to play rugby league, we don't make decisions, our job is to get results and play footy and that's what we've got to do and that is all we are focusing on at the moment," he said.

"For these young guys that maybe haven't experienced anything like that it can take an even bigger toll, so we're just getting around one another at the moment.

"Everyone has been positive and at the end of the day we are just focusing on results. That is our job and that is what we've got to do."

"We're focusing on getting results for the club, that is our job and we are turning our attention to the Dolphins this weekend and we will be doing everything we can to represent the Gold Coast Titans well," Foran said.

Repeated three times that their job is to get results for the club.

Same reason Mitchell and co opted for the Holbrook > Hasler move. Wanted better results for the club. Not because Holbrook was terrible, just that they wanted better.

I know it seems extremely obvious, but it's refreshing to hear that instead of how emotional it's been that Holbrook was sacked because of how close they were to him as players. Remove the emotion, understand the club is acting in your best interests as players, and get on with it like a professional.

It's little nuggets like this that make me appreciate Foran's leadership and influence on the group.
    Very well put HS

Erin Clark's best two games for us all year came after Holbrook's sacking, and his two best last year were just before he got re-signed. Ain't that funny.

I'm really happy to see this Derby actually getting a name. Something the AFL and A-League do very well. While we just call them XXXX Derby no matter if we play the Broncos or Cowboys. And this one is also being labeled as such.

I first noticed a mention of #Showdown on Dolphins socials.

And then the Dolphins team list email.

And then I saw this in our Titans members email.

I like it. It highlights our beaches and sunny lifestyle and also draws on the Dolphins side of the beaches north of Brisbane including Redcliffe Peninsula and the Sunny Coast. Battle of the Coasts.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Erin Clark's best two games for us all year came after Holbrook's sacking, and his two best last year were just before he got re-signed. Ain't that funny.
    If its a mental problem Hasler will either get him right and focused through discipline or ship him off to cup.

Titans V our leftovers... Wallace, Ese Ese, Brenko, and Isaako.

Surely we get it done even without the Origin lads.

I look at the team lists and start with the backs and think, we've got em. Then I compare the forwards and think, oh no, this is going to be really tough and we're going to have to play super smart to beat them. Us! Super smart!!! If Jimmy pulls this off, he's a miracle worker!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait for this one and looking forward to being in the crowd this time.

Hope Jimmy put up some 24 nill signs all over the training sheds like the cowboys did against the tigers it's time for revenge

QLD Cup

On paper we should beat these guys. My biggest concern about the Dophins and in particular Wallace and Ese Ese, is that we have struggled all season to shut down off loads. In the last encounter it was the offloads that changed the momentum of the game.

I saw big improvements in our last game but that was predominately from Tino and Mo, although Verrills has added a lot in that regard. It’s going to be interesting to see if Clarke, Iszac and our young edges can do the same thing. It is a skill that not only needs teaching but also comes with experience to sense when an offload is on.

I’d love to see Foran step up and drive this team around the park this game.

I think we are massive underdogs for this game. Our pack and the bench rotation are back to being Holbrook-esque and I shudder to think what the Porpoises offloads will do to our fragile middle. Not looking forward to this at all.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think we are massive underdogs for this game. Our pack and the bench rotation are back to being Holbrook-esque and I shudder to think what the Porpoises offloads will do to our fragile middle. Not looking forward to this at all.
    Our bench is almost as cooked as the Blues bench for origin