Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
    QLD Cup

Completely agree Birdman. He really does need coaching on the skill. All I’m saying is I like it as an option (if done well), but it should never be his go-to play. I feel a lot of these skills have been coached out of the game in recent years in favour of the safe option.

Still thinking about that decision that killed the contest last week. A classic example of a discretionary penalty - discretionary because it's rarely called but tends to be called more against us, the Warriors, the Raiders - the clubs that are there just to make up the numbers.

Sure we had plenty of opportunities to put the game beyond doubt and we just consistently make dumb errors but that call is on the ref alone. If Clark is wearing the tricolours, do you really think he gets penalised?

That aside, we know we're up against it and have to be twice as good on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    Clearly was forced to play fullback and play make when his biggest asset is when he tucks it under the arm and puts on the afterburners

But I’m saying that he burned the whole dolphins squad with that dash and chip to Foran so sometimes it works
    if you watch it on replay - he is aiming for the goal posts. it shanked straight and somehow pulled up with some backspin like a lob wedge. but it was more ass than class.

I think he needs to train for it more. cos twice in last few weeks he has chipped too close to the opponent and crashed into them. chip and chases don't work if you never get to chase lol.

Work on the in and away swerve, work on kicking inside to team mates, but put the chip chase away for now is my advice to him.

you got speed for days son... focus on it

Kick and hope without finesse is a schoolboy play. Des will use him as a hood ornament if he doesn’t get that out of his game.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.