Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Mikaele is unavailable, as is Vuna. So not to burst the Alick bubble, but that's prob the only reason he's named - there is no one else available that is an edge or middle to round out the extended squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Mikaele is unavailable, as is Vuna. So not to burst the Alick bubble, but that's prob the only reason he's named - there is no one else available that is an edge or middle to round out the extended squad.
    Vuna is Michael Horrenderson level meh. I'd much rather the unknown guy in Alick be given a shot than him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Vuna is Michael Horrenderson level meh. I'd much rather the unknown guy in Alick be given a shot than him.
    Unknown at NRL level but you can get a fair idea by observing them at Qcup level and training simulations

Id love Alick to be given a go - but his strengths are tied to being an edge backrower at the moment think

First Grader

We're also clearly not re-signing Alick so there's no real point in playing him at the end of the day as harsh as it is. I know everyone's a bit off Clark but he's signed till the end of 25 and had his best game all year. Against Broncos he had 22 tackles and 1 miss with the best efficiency (him and Iszac basically the same) in the team along with 9 hit ups for 77m in 41 mins and I thought his passing game was good.

The Tigers game he got 17 mins, I don't know if something was going on with Holbrook and Clark but to me it looked like he was being told to play like Liu where that doesn't suit his game and Jimmy might have simplified a lot of it and given him some belief. We still need to see way more but if Clark can keep producing those type of performances I think he's more then OK being in the 17.

I suppose an interim coach isn't going to do too much to rock the boat.

If it was me it'd be like Dale and Brennan from Step brothers. "We're here to **** **** up"

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    We're also clearly not re-signing Alick so there's no real point in playing him at the end of the day as harsh as it is. I know everyone's a bit off Clark but he's signed till the end of 25 and had his best game all year. Against Broncos he had 22 tackles and 1 miss with the best efficiency (him and Iszac basically the same) in the team along with 9 hit ups for 77m in 41 mins and I thought his passing game was good.

The Tigers game he got 17 mins, I don't know if something was going on with Holbrook and Clark but to me it looked like he was being told to play like Liu where that doesn't suit his game and Jimmy might have simplified a lot of it and given him some belief. We still need to see way more but if Clark can keep producing those type of performances I think he's more then OK being in the 17.
    I don't care what his tackle efficiency is when he can't win the contact or the ruck. They don't measure those metrics though so all the Supercoach heroes think blokes like Stimson are terrible defenders because of lower tackle efficiency.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    I hope someone is pulling AKP aside at training and going through some kicking drills with him. What he tried on the weekend was atrocious. But, it’s a skill that can be learnt. And MUST be learnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Still dont think lofi is that answer for that left hand side wing, would rather spry or fifita.
    You cant be serious

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    I hope someone is pulling AKP aside at training and going through some kicking drills with him. What he tried on the weekend was atrocious. But, it’s a skill that can be learnt. And MUST be learnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I suppose an interim coach isn't going to do too much to rock the boat.

If it was me it'd be like Dale and Brennan from Step brothers. "We're here to **** **** up"
    What changes would you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I don't care what his tackle efficiency is when he can't win the contact or the ruck. They don't measure those metrics though so all the Supercoach heroes think blokes like Stimson are terrible defenders because of lower tackle efficiency.
    nobody who does SC thinks that lol.

First Grader

No one else in the squad is winning any contact on defence right now that I know of, 3.3s on the ptb is pretty good with the ball and quite a bit quicker then Kobe and Jensen ptb speeds (Tapau and Randall both on 2.8) so we won the ptb against their interchange bench (I know there's more to it but that's at least a little sign our bench did better imo).

I'd be fine with Iszac but I can understand going with Clark + more minutes for Randall. I'm with Gc88, Pretty surprised people would change up a team that just beat the Broncos despite them not being great, We just had one of our best wins ever imo and did the obvious replacement. Randall is going to cover the middle and 2nd row going forward.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 28-06-23 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Coast 88 View Post
    You cant be serious

- - - Updated - - -

What changes would you prefer?
    I don't think BK deserves his spot. We can do better than Clark off the bench and either FOran is fit to play or he isn't, JC mightn't be the answer to our utility.

First Grader

I'd way rather Jojo finish out the season in QRL getting some experience at centre which he already seems to be killing it in just 2 games, Him and Spry are also right side players but I want Spry playing on the left at Tweed, I'd want them to get a pre season if they go to the left. We could move Schoupp to the left who apparently was but it's to late in the season to be changing that combo until the season is truly over.

Who can do better then Clark? Iszac I can see but he also doesn't have the passing game of Clark. Haas, Vuna, Mikaele, Alick or Leeming? I don't think any of them offer more then Clark right now, That will be fixed next year. JC can cover pretty much the whole backline if something happens a long with the Foran replacement.

If Liu could play 80 or we had a lock that could I'd get dropping Clark and we probably would, We don't have that though and Clark is the most like for like replacement to not disrupt how we attack.

Rep Player

No one else in the squad is winning any contact on defence right now that I know of, 3.3s on the ptb is pretty good with the ball and quite a bit quicker then Kobe and Jensen ptb speeds (Tapau and Randall both on 2.8) so we won the ptb against their interchange bench (I know there's more to it but that's at least a little sign our bench did better imo).

I'd be fine with Iszac but I can understand going with Clark + more minutes for Randall. I'm with Gc88, Pretty surprised people would change up a team that just beat the Broncos despite them not being great, We just had one of our best wins ever imo and did the obvious replacement. Randall is going to cover the middle and 2nd row going forward.
    Rubbish, Liu and Tino frequently win the contact.

First Grader

Not the main 17 hahaha, Should've clarified in 18-30 squad members who are forwards.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 28-06-23 at 02:39 PM.

Rep Player

I'd way rather Jojo finish out the season in QRL getting some experience at centre which he already seems to be killing it in just 2 games, Him and Spry are also right side players but I want Spry playing on the left at Tweed, I'd want them to get a pre season if they go to the left. We could move Schoupp to the left who apparently was but it's to late in the season to be changing that combo until the season is truly over.

Who can do better then Clark? Iszac I can see but he also doesn't have the passing game of Clark. Haas, Vuna, Mikaele, Alick or Leeming? I don't think any of them offer more then Clark right now, That will be fixed next year. JC can cover pretty much the whole backline if something happens a long with the Foran replacement.

If Liu could play 80 or we had a lock that could I'd get dropping Clark and we probably would, We don't have that though and Clark is the most like for like replacement to not disrupt how we attack.
    Randall can give Liu a spell for 20-30. His passing game is better than Clark and he can actually defend. No point carrying both of them on the bench. Would rather have Iszac over Clark.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Randall can give Liu a spell for 20-30. His passing game is better than Clark and he can actually defend. No point carrying both of them on the bench. Would rather have Iszac over Clark.
    Yeah that's fair and I'd be fine with that. Tino coming back will change up the rotation quite a bit to give us a real example of what to expect going forward I think.

I assume they're more concerned with just getting our right edge as competent as possible, Randall was pretty much playing lock and second row in attack when he came on till the 64th minute where he moved to the right side for the rest of the game, He's playing a different role going forward and I prefer it to other options, I'd give him more minutes for sure though. He's pretty much going to be our Reuben Cotter type player going forward imo.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 28-06-23 at 02:54 PM.