Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    First Grader

Hopefully the weight of Des in press conferences makes these refs think twice when giving bad calls....

He needs to come up and destroy these guys first game they f up next year to make sure it stops happening.

We need a bunker for the bunker.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

That’s one of the most interesting games I have watched this year. We showed so much more character in the game than every other game this year (magic round against the Eels comes close) which was so encouraging.
    Yea we got completely dudded by K Badger in the bunker but we also gave up a school boy error try by not playing the whistle. The fact we stayed in the fight after the bunker howler shows we are already better post Holbrook.
    Would have loved the win but we went close to beating Canberra at home against a team who had a heap of help from the officials is a good sign for the future.
    D Fifita, Mo and BK had excellent games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Hopefully the weight of Des in press conferences makes these refs think twice when giving bad calls....

He needs to come up and destroy these guys first game they f up next year to make sure it stops happening.
    That is some good 4D chess!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

David Fifita has become the best player in the team. His involvement and skill make us a far better team than we would be without him, and he seems to be getting better every week. Not bad for a player who was pretty ordinary for those first couple of seasons after joining the club.

On the other hand, Liu is the worst. How the hell does this guy keep a place in this team?

And that idiot in the bunker today should never be allowed near another game of rugby league.

Rep Player

What’s frustrating is I’m sure Graham will waddle down Monday morning and tell us it was a try. If origin game 1 has taught me anything though good teams rise above **** calls and find a way to win. Liu needs to sit in QCup a few weeks and understand contract $$ doesn’t equate to a jersey in our team

The team were unlucky, but they were given the rub of the green last week.

Immortal

I am totally the opposite than some here, I think that Annesley will come out and say the decision to disallow the try was correct, it is us remember!

I will forever to grateful for the time that Justin Holbrook called out the NRL, not that it has changed much but good on him for saying it both then and now.

I should get my anger under control some time early in 2024.

First Grader

Maybe we need to send Brett White or someone who's a bit wild in for a press conference like the one Payton did.

Don’t like to say it but with Hunt we win that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Yep, we wuz robbed! But we know we don't get the rub and know we won't until we're contenders, as others have said. Even then, I'm not so sure.

Agree with many that it was a game of good and bad but overall, we're already better under Jimmy. We don't give up so much ground and we beat the Raiders for average set metres. All their tries were around us or aerial, except the Hudson Young try that Tannah was left alone to handle.

I thought the bench was used a bit late in the first half for Liu and Stimson was probably given too many minutes without a rest. In saying that, I've been a bit concerned with Randall as a second rower and that could have proved right in the Hudson Young try. I think he's just a bit too small and short for that position and while his D is outstanding in the middle, we want a bigger man closer to our line. I'm not convinced Randall and Stimson are the answer there. Also confusing is that a guy like Randall who can play 80 in the middle only plays 26 minutes on the edge.

Otherwise, JJ and Clark gave terrific impact for limited minutes (37 and 26 respectively). They both made great metres for the short time they were on. Clark outplayed Liu today (didn't everybody?) and ran first, which I think is the key to his game in attack. He's gotta be thinking Reuben Cotter. He was better in D too. He still stutters a bit when we get close to the line so that has to improve but overall his best game of the year, I reckon. Maybe Holbrook was holding him back.

Jayden only playing 6 minutes isn't value for a bench spot. There's some puzzles to solve there for Jimmy.

Foran was outstanding and all effort. So was Verrills and I think we probably take Tino and Mo for granted because their contributions were immense. DF has super powers! The pass for Lofi was superb and he just gave us so much with every touch.

Lofi is an asset in attack but I thought he could have taken that ball that Kris scored from. Maybe BK got in the way (again) but a confident winger calls it and takes it. A similar sort of winger like Alex Johnston does in that situation. BK didn't play the whistle for the Timoko try and he wasn't alone but that was his one massive error for this game and I was happy that he kept it to one.

I think Tannah needs a few more kicks to his game as the bomb seemed to be all we had in attack on the last. It was predictable. He also contributed to their first try by not trusting his inside man and not getting to his. He'll be better. I like how much he ran but I think he could have had more support to make it more effective.

Looking forward to seeing who gets a run next week with the boys in Origin camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Don’t like to say it but with Hunt we win that.
    Was thinking the same T

- - - Updated - - -

Really enjoy listening to Jimmy in the press conferences. Anyone who’s heard first hand about his contributions at Burleigh or the Titans will know this guys footy IQ is off the charts.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...ence-round-18/

We might have lost today but at least we didn't get 74 points put on us and not answer with any back

Bloody refreshing listening to Lenihan in presser. Tells it how it is..no bull****, no excuses.
    Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Was thinking the same T

- - - Updated - - -

Really enjoy listening to Jimmy in the press conferences. Anyone who’s heard first hand about his contributions at Burleigh or the Titans will know this guys footy IQ is off the charts.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...ence-round-18/
    A nice change to see our coach not sugarcoating a loss, honest and straightforward.
    Did like hearing that they have been more defensive work recently and it showed today.