Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Imagine a dancing with joy emoji. That’s me right now. Pity he can’t start immediately.
    ��

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    why would you sack him effective immediately if Des doesn't come in until next year?
    I think he's still got some legal things going at Manly and maybe he's trying to sort that out, He hasn't accepted the payout from I heard and that was only a couple of weeks ago.

I can see him coming as as that's sorted.

Actually dancing in my chair right now

Come home hunty and get your deal we offered you last october. Time for the titans to show some guts and move into a win now mode especially because all our players are on first upgrade deals and will never be this cheap again

I think the club should thank Holbrook, with him at the helm we really look like a much more composed footy side with individual improvements made across the whole squad. Its the gelling together as a footy side and having that winning grit which is obviously missing but the guy obviously is a good coach in many regards just not the complete package we needed.
    Last edited by hungryjacks; 22-06-23 at 12:20 PM.

Rep Player

Surely this is all connected with Hunt. The timing makes it obvious otherwise it’s a crazy coincidence

Another huge plus is that there were no back room leaks. No white anting. Great work by the club. Holbrook seems like a real nice guy but you know what they say about nice guys.

Do we think the players knew prior to this being announced?

First Grader

Have to respect the clubs ability to keep our signings under wraps, shows the management group have great trust amongst eachother that such huge news can just be announced out of nowhere with not a single whisper coming out before hand. Also great to see them be ruthless, it's clear that they're determined to make us a force and they'll do whatever they can to make that happen.

Will be interesting to see what he does to certain players positions, how he fits in all the fullbacks and halfs and centers wings. Im kind of glad that he wont be scared to step on some egos and actually alot the players to the best make up of the team.

TBH I'm pretty shellshocked by this move and, like a lot of people didn't think that Hollbrook would be the next to be sacked (Maybe O'Brien ). To think more on what's happened I'm feeling the same way that I did when King was let go ( a lot of anger and disappointment right now ). My feeling is that his position is not the only one that there needs to be changes at in the football department. I acknowledge we need to win but we are just out of the 8 and if we won a few of those games we were in front its a different story. Anyhow , not a happy day that someone has lost their job as I thought Hollbrook was a great bloke and the best for our club.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I'll be honest, I didn't see this coming. Something is up for sure.

First Grader

Danny Weidler.
    Justin Holbrook was told at 9.30am he was no longer head coach. Brutal game. I believe it was a 10 day negotiation done on the quiet.

I’m a bit shocked by the timing of this. I was still undecided where this season was headed under Holbrook.
    In saying that, I think it’s a positive move going forward. For the first time we will have a coach who has achieved something at other NRL clubs. I just don’t think guys like Holbrook and Brennan were able to command the respect of the players.

Well didn’t see that coming!
    I lost faith in Holbrook bigtime after the Dolphins and subsequent fadeouts but I think he did do some good things in his time here. The players do seem like a happy tightnit group and the attack has been great to watch. Unfortunately, he didn’t seem have the capacity to get the defence and resilience right and take the team to that next level that they should be at with the talent available in the squad.
    If they played with the same level of commitment as the Maroons, they’d be unbeatable!!

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    TBH I'm pretty shellshocked by this move and, like a lot of people didn't think that Hollbrook would be the next to be sacked (Maybe O'Brien ). To think more on what's happened I'm feeling the same way that I did when King was let go ( a lot of anger and disappointment right now ). My feeling is that his position is not the only one that there needs to be changes at in the football department. I acknowledge we need to win but we are just out of the 8 and if we won a few of those games we were in front its a different story. Anyhow , not a happy day that someone has lost their job as I thought Hollbrook was a great bloke and the best for our club.
    We would've won those games that you mentioned if Holbrook wasn't the coach. He is a great bloke but he's too friendly with the players and he doesn't demand respect and discipline, hence the blown leads. Also don't be fooled by our position on the ladder, we're the only team to have all 3 byes so that's 6 extra points. This season has been a big disappointment so far as the talent is clearly there but we haven't had the killer edge.