Rep Player

Default Des Hasler new Titans coach

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Holbrook gone immediately and replaced by Des holy ****
    I just read! Love the move! Bring it on

First Grader

Default Des Hasley new Titans coach

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...-coach-update/

All I can say is wow holy ****, I have no idea how to feel but this is crazy.

Default Des Hasley new Titans coach

Holbrook gone Hasler is in

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    Holbrook gone Hasler is in
    Crazy times

First Grader

What a bombshell

Hasler named Titans coach after shock Holbrook exit

Des Hasler will resume his NRL coaching career on the Gold Coast next season.

The Titans on Thursday announced they had parted ways with Justin Holbrook, effective immediately, with the two-time premiership-winning former Sea Eagles coach to take over from 2024.

“I’m looking forward to joining the Titans and to the 2024 season,” Hasler said.

“The club has a strong playing roster, the region is blessed with emerging talent and the organisation is firmly embedded in the community.

“I’m confident we can deliver success to the region in the coming seasons.”

Titans CEO Steve Mitchell will address media on Thursday afternoon. The Titans sit ninth on the NRL ladder after six wins and seven losses this season, although their position is somewhat inflated as they have already three byes. They face the ladder-leading Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...-coach-update/

All I can say is wow holy ****, I have no idea how to feel but this is crazy.
    This has come way out of the blue, wasn't sure if I wanted Holbrook to stay or go sometimes so I feel for him a bit, seems like a top bloke. Just wasn't sure he was going to be successful

Holy **** I’m thinking this is a play to get hunt

Premiership winning coach who caters to spine players and knows how to motivate players of all ages

The next 3 seasons are going to be lit

Amazing news! Holbrook was clearly in way over his head.

Super weird timing in that this wasn't done during the bye round or before the team lists went out this week. I'm guessing it took this time to get a commitment from Des and we've been negotiating with him since the Rabbitohs second half capitulation or earlier.

Des is an immense upgrade over Holbrook on the defensive side of the ball, where we've frankly been an embarrassment since the Henry years.

I'm guessing Brett White is interim coach for the rest of this season as it looks like Des starts next season according to the following quote on our website.... "Premiership-winning coach Des Hasler will join the Gold Coast Titans as head coach for the 2024 season and beyond."

Hopefully the coach trying to be best buddies with the players era is over.
    Last edited by The Birdman; 22-06-23 at 11:58 AM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NSW Titan View Post
    This has come way out of the blue, wasn't sure if I wanted Holbrook to stay or go sometimes so I feel for him a bit, seems like a top bloke. Just wasn't sure he was going to be successful
    I agree mate. Im a vocal critic of HOlbrook but it cant be easy being an NRL coach and he cant shoulder all the blame for some of gutless fade outs this year. However, I agree with the statement and the question of is he the man to lead us to success? and I think given what we have seen, the squad we have and the puzzling team selections, poor rotations, and inept game planning, the answer is absolutely not and its better to move on now then waste another 3 years

Reinforce the locker room doors. The way we play they're going to cop a battering.

Huge news

why would you sack him effective immediately if Des doesn't come in until next year?

I get a bad feeling about Hunt. I think we should stay out of the sweepstakes. Success has not followed him on marquee money. He's only getting older too.

First Grader

Keep him away from out football departments but wow, Great pick up and exactly what we need + the players who love Holbrook will love Des imo but he'll keep them in line. I'm in a bit of shock, hahahha.

Feel for Holbrook and thought he did some good things and the group loved him, never like seeing anyone getting fired but we gave him every chance and the issues kept happening for seasons.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    why would you sack him effective immediately if Des doesn't come in until next year?
    Because he’s had way too many chances and we’re wasting a season with him still here. How would he be able to motivate the players if they know he’s gone.