Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Pop-Gun Holbrook stuns the critics by picking JJ Jolliffe on the bench. When queried why he didn’t name Kruise Leeming or Chris Randall instead of the impact forward, Pop-Gun offered, “You’re right about that and it’s a good question. I just want to say that everybody’s trying real hard and it’s important that we rest our guns. JJ will do a great job for us and will also cover 9. We all know Erin tries his heart out every week and deserves his spot over much better credentialed players.”
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

I’m just glad that the master coach who has not had a single coaching move pay off all season sends out the most head scratching, non form based team lineup for our must win game against our arch enemy. #4DChess

Rep Player

Other than Randall for Clark, what would everyone change?

First Grader

Haas starting to gives us more balance with Stimson on the bench being able to play edge or middle and can do that first stint at prop then where ever he's needed.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Other than Randall for Clark, what would everyone change?
    Probably nothing personally. I’d swap Haas and Stimson and bring Stimson into the middle when our tired origin forwards or Liu need a rest. Unfortunately I think that role is filled with Clarke in this team though.

I’m okay with Shoupp getting another crack at that right centre position. I think ultimately Fafita moves to a centre position long term but he could do with a few more weeks in Cup. I’m not ready to give up on Shoupp just yet. He’s a competitor and a player for the future. He was bad the last game he played but there are several players in this 17 that have played that poorly and kept their positions.

I find the extended bench more intriguing. No Sexton and no Mikaele. I don’t see the point in listing Leeming when there is already a hooker in the extended reserves.

I rewatched our last game and tbh Schoupp wasn't nearly as bad as I thought first time round. I think his bad moments just came at times when we were all peaking with cortisol i.e. when we're anticipating being ran down lol

He's got a lot to work on like most young centres but I've got him and Jojo pretty even

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I rewatched our last game and tbh Schoupp wasn't nearly as bad as I thought first time round. I think his bad moments just came at times when we were all peaking with cortisol i.e. when we're anticipating being ran down lol

He's got a lot to work on like most young centres but I've got him and Jojo pretty even
    You've also got him on the left too haven't you HS? You previously made a good point about how he hits and sticks better with his right shoulder. Schoupp on the left and Jojo on the right seems the best centre pairing to me.

Clark is the bull, Holbrook is the cuck clearly.

Schoupp played his best footy at the Dogs as left centre. I’m a fan of that too and with Jojo on the right. Dropping Randall is gobsmacking considering Clark’s bumbling efforts but I’m even more intrigued by Foran’s inclusion; shutting down Reynolds? Unlikely but that must be it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Now that the whole Hasler/Holbrook saga is slowly dying out, How do we think Jimmy Lenihan will do this weekend in regards to bench rotation? Does he make any last minute changes?

First Grader

Klese out with an injury, Iszaac in. Gives us some more size but also means Stimson plays 80 on the edge? Who else could go there except maybe Tino

Hoping for the obvious late Clark scratching for whoever

I like the balance of this bench a little better, but would have preffered Hass over Clark if he wasnt injured. Still think we should see Mikaele given a run

Locked in: Titans make forward pack switch ahead of derby
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...head-of-derby/

Iszac Fa'asuamaleaui is set to make his Suncorp Stadium debut, joining the bench for Sunday's Macca's Local Derby against the Broncos.

Coming in for Klese Haas who has been omitted due to injury, the skipper's little brother will step foot onto the hallowed turf of the Cauldron for the first time in his fledgling seven game NRL career, as the Titans play their first match in 17 days after last defeating the Tigers in Round 15.

Last start winners in Brisbane, getting over Parramatta in Magic Round, the Gold Coast will have extra motivation to avenge their previous 2023 loss against the Broncos not only due to it being a derby clash, but also to ensure the side remains in touch with the top eight as their run to the finals begins under new interim head coach Jim Lenihan.

All four Maroons stars returned to Titans HQ on Saturday after playing a part in Wednesday night's Origin win, and joined in preparations for Sunday's showdown in Brisbane.

Kick-off is at 2pm, live on Fox League and Kayo Sports.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

THE FRONT ROW: NRL Round 17 & Womens Origin II programme
    https://leagueunlimited.com/assets/U...f?d=1687353105
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER