Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

This team list has got me that confused I have to comment. What the **** goes through the coaches head. Here’s a stat for you we lead the comp in tries scored on the left edge. We also lead the comp in tries allowed on the right edge with Stimson currently missing the 3rd most tackles in the entire NRL. How you drop jojo and bring back Kelly, leave Schoupp and Stimson (although Fifita is injured). It’s almost as if he HAS to pick certain players regardless of form. I don’t know I give up. Tigers will do us Holbrook will trot out the same tired excuses. The club is failing to realise all the amazing work they do off the field is being undone by the on field product. With the cost of everything rising I can’t justify my family membership next year to be honest

I thought the rotation policy was some kind of line to put the media at bay, or just a temporary thing with junior players (like Haas who needs a rest more than any of the backs). Surely Stimson needs a rest too? What the hell is he doing and how is he allowed to do it?

It's not fair to the honest toilers in our team to cheer against them but Holbrook is giving our own fans excuses. How bad does it have to get?

The Tigers could well beat us this weekend and if they do, he should go now. If they don't and we play well, the problems will repeat the next game. This kind of ineptitude is killing our club and driving away fans. We've got a cancer and we need to cut it out before it spreads further.

I really feel for Alick. He's obviously no chance of selection this season and will be shown the door at seasons end.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    I thought the rotation policy was some kind of line to put the media at bay, or just a temporary thing with junior players (like Haas who needs a rest more than any of the backs). Surely Stimson needs a rest too? What the hell is he doing and how is he allowed to do it?

It's not fair to the honest toilers in our team to cheer against them but Holbrook is giving our own fans excuses. How bad does it have to get?

The Tigers could well beat us this weekend and if they do, he should go now. If they don't and we play well, the problems will repeat the next game. This kind of ineptitude is killing our club and driving away fans. We've got a cancer and we need to cut it out before it spreads further.

I really feel for Alick. He's obviously no chance of selection this season and will be shown the door at seasons end.
    As I mentioned in a previous post Holbrook mentioned in a TV media interview about this rotation policy and particularly said BK which turned out to be the case. It is not just a junior policy and it is a ridiculous policy as you should be putting your best team on the paddock for every game irrespective of age. Sure if a junior player is showing signs of fatigue but it should not be an across aboard policy where you do not put your best team for the week on the field.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 06-06-23 at 07:13 PM.

What do we see in Leeming, he hasn't done much for me since his 1st game with us.

First Grader

You know when this interview was?? I haven't seen anything about a rotation policy and it feels like that should be major news around here hahaha. I know Lofi got a rest which I actually believe but all these other guys are getting dropped and bought back in.

We are heading into our THIRD bye next week, how much rest do the little darlings deserve? If nothing else the bye points are making us look like we are a chance at the finals when the facts suggest that our biggest chance of winning anything is the wooden spoon. Wests will start favourites this week even though we are at home. Can it possibly get any more depressing?

And I take absolutely nothing positive from the "we have led nearly every game" pundits, which is about as meaningful as touting we had 17 players in every game, so friggin' what? Beyond devastated.
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-06-23 at 07:45 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    You know when this interview was?? I haven't seen anything about a rotation policy and it feels like that should be major news around here hahaha. I know Lofi got a rest which I actually believe but all these other guys are getting dropped and bought back in.
    It was the week when Lofi was dropped and Holbrook was interviewed as to the reasons why and talked about resting players and he specifically mentioned BK which subsequently occurred., As such the interview was about 3 to 4 weeks ago ( in the week leading up to Lofi being rested. Not sure where I saw it but it could have been on Gold Coast news. It definitely was stated in an interview I saw.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 06-06-23 at 08:42 PM.

As Titans fans, you guys are all fundamentally good people. Times are tough for us and will get worse. If we're not already beyond snapping point with Holbrook, I just wanna wish all you blokes good mental health over the rest of the season. We're gonna need it.

And remember, unlike the Titans, you can find peace of mind with a good Psychologist (seriously, I'm not a Psychologist but we really need one and it's obvious Holbrook hasn't seen one with that side he picked - did anyone notice how off he looked today?).

First Grader

"It just happens to be Lofi's turn to freshen up - he's been tremendous for us and has played 10 games straight - and Aaron Schoupp has probably been unlucky to miss out... he's played terrific for Tweed the last couple of games and he deserves to come back in.

Yeah I don't believe that for a second from Holbrook hahah. He's a coward and won't drop guys officially. He's so weak.

I've been looking for anything that Holbrook said on that day for a bit through heaps of sources and can't find anything.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 06-06-23 at 11:30 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    As Titans fans, you guys are all fundamentally good people. Times are tough for us and will get worse. If we're not already beyond snapping point with Holbrook, I just wanna wish all you blokes good mental health over the rest of the season. We're gonna need it.

And remember, unlike the Titans, you can find peace of mind with a good Psychologist (seriously, I'm not a Psychologist but we really need one and it's obvious Holbrook hasn't seen one with that side he picked - did anyone notice how off he looked today?).
    https://youtu.be/mh6pZQX22CQ

Spot on Bevan.

First Grader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl_d...ayOintheMlifeG

It's like the great Homer says... The easiest part of coaching are the cuts....
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 07-06-23 at 10:23 AM.

Rep Player

Tino, I thought I told you to trim those sideburns!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    And I take absolutely nothing positive from the "we have led nearly every game" pundits, which is about as meaningful as touting we had 17 players in every game, so friggin' what? Beyond devastated.
    Hard to disagree T, I think we're in a position where we have literally never been behind at halftime this entire season lol

Data from RLET suggests we are literally the single worst second half team, of any side in the NRL, since 2014. Unbelievably, this year we were the second best first half team until a couple weeks ago. I think we're still top 4 or 5.

This in no way excuses anything but just for some perspective on how bad we are after half time. I think we're still a dud defensive team for most of the 80 minutes - just so happens we're good at scoring points early and riding momentum.

I've got a few theories on it that go beyond selections but I'll wait for the season to play out first

Holbrook bench rotation read it like a book barring injuries:

1st half
    Clark on for Liu 25min
    Joliffe on for Tino 30min

2nd half
    Tino on for Mo 50 min
    Liu on for Clark 60 min (Game over by this point)
    Leeming on for Verrills 70 min
    Issac on for Joliffe 70 min
    Mo on for Haas 70 min