Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Lets goo, haven't been this happy with the teamlists in a long time. Jolliffe in the reserves so we could see him return too, hopefully at the expense of Clark.

Would have really liked to see Mikaele on the bench after how he's been building for Burleigh. Big body, post-contact metre merchant, brings some second phase play and he's only missed 1 tackle across all 4 Qcup games he's played. Just gives us a bigger body in the middle that can absorb their middles a bit better I would've thought.

First Grader

Really.hope that bench changes cause it is fkn tiny and we will get smashed again unless we get some bigger bodies on there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Would have really liked to see Mikaele on the bench after how he's been building for Burleigh. Big body, post-contact metre merchant, brings some second phase play and he's only missed 1 tackle across all 4 Qcup games he's played. Just gives us a bigger body in the middle that can absorb their middles a bit better I would've thought.
    Mikaele in for Clarke and joliffe in for Iszac if I was coaching

Wow this is an exciting team list, a rare occasion where Holbrook has called out some underperformers.

The only major gripe I have is Clark not getting dropped for Mikaele. Otherwise impressed Holbrook finally found a pair.

I was starting to think Brian Kelly's middle name was zillman surprised holbrooks dropped or rested him now be interesting to see how sami and lofi go on that edge defensively

Finally, Kelly is removed from the centres. Play him winger or don’t play him.
    Somewhat excited to see JC have a go at 5/8 but fear that Walker will give him a lesson.
    Damn the Blues for not selecting Cook. He’ll carve up the middle once Tino goes off.
    Anyone else think Holbrook was told to make changes or else?

QLD Cup

Don’t rate this line up at all. JC has not played 6 full time in years. All for seeing Kini but to bring him against the competition leaders is a baptism of fire.

Im okay with dropping Kelly but to play Sami at centre in his place when he has had ample opportunity and largely failed is just bizarre to me. Put him back on the right wing and leave him there to develop. Kelly is a better centre than Sami by a long way.

I wonder if Holbrook will ever look back and think to himself “maybe I was wrong about Clarke”. He obviously sees something that we don’t but it’s going to be his coaching career that fails unless he can begin to recognise what everybody else sees.

It looks like JC is lined up to be the 6 after Foran, or even as soon as next year. It's a contentious selection right now and it should be, but they've been running him there in training for a reason and given Foran + AJ are out it's the ideal time to get some reps there to see how he goes whilst getting Keano some NRL experience too. Ballsy right now but in 12 months time it might pay off that we've got a head start on it. And yes, I'm terrified on behalf of Keano having to face the Bunnies coming off a loss haha.

That Brimmo/JC/Kini condundrum isn't going to work itself out in a pre-season and I think the post-Foran planning needs to begin sooner rather than later tbh

That's a good point HS. With Weaver being a while away, JC could be a centre option, so defending one in from there will help. Who knows how Foran will hold up once he's back. I'm looking forward to some JC bombs and downtowns to take the kicking pressure off Tanah. Toby is the only other option that can do that. It'll be interesting to see how Kini and JC go.

I can't work out Sami at Centre and just hope he swaps with Jojo on game day, like they have before. Clark must feel lucky. He'll need a big game to keep his spot I would think.

Let's see if Holbrook has a plan to rotate his bench.

- - - Updated - - -

Holbrook said JJ is another week away.

Like the team. But christ Erin Clark is fast approaching Brian Kelly areas, Mikaele in for him is the clear move.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Really.hope that bench changes cause it is fkn tiny and we will get smashed again unless we get some bigger bodies on there

- - - Updated - - -

Mikaele in for Clarke and joliffe in for Iszac if I was coaching
    Joliffe is still obviously tenative but If i was coaching I would also have Mikaele for Clarke and Kenny Maumalo in for lo-fi

If you keep doing the same thing you’ll get the same result … does anybody on the planet believe that it is our back line that’s losing us games? Change the backs but forgive the undersized, underperforming bench. Ludicrous!

It is very hard to get excited with this line-up. The forwards will hold their own until the pop-gun rotation kicks-in, then when Walker runs any sort of shape at us we will be dust. I do feel JC can at least handle Ilias but our left edge after Fifita is very susceptible. Schoupp and Jojo are wasted once Walker gets stuck into Boyd. Let's not even think about who is competent under any sort of kick except a grubber. Mikaele's and to a lesser extent Maumalo's absences are pretty amazing. Clark's inclusion equally so but not in a good way. I don't want to overly bag the young forwards Haas and IF so I won't.
    Last edited by Titanic; 30-05-23 at 10:14 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I have taken time to deal with the Doggies loss to regain a decent mental state heading into this week. With that said, Pleased with the team announced. Hoping to see some effort this weekend.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Appsy View Post
    I have taken time to deal with the Doggies loss to regain a decent mental state heading into this week. With that said, Pleased with the team announced. Hoping to see some effort this weekend.
    I too am reconciled to the fact that this is not our year.. again. But excited to see a team named for the future...I have no expectation but hope for effort and overcoming of our second half yipps.

Great to see there is a curtain raiser

3:05pm Souths-Logan Magpies vs Burleigh Bears
    Gates Open: 3:00pm
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER