Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    QLD Cup

Let's petition to make the game 40 minutes long from now on.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'm still trying to get my head around putting JC at 6. It's like we just have to shoe horn him in somewhere because it's in his contract
    IMO he is easily in our best 17, perhaps 13 so i don't disagree with trying to find a perm spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Coast 88 View Post
    IMO he is easily in our best 17, perhaps 13 so i don't disagree with trying to find a perm spot.
    Agreed

He didn’t have a good night but I think it’s pretty clear he needs to be in the 17 somewhere so can understand the process

Yeah but someone is better than him in the positions we are shoe horning him into (if at full strength)

Yeah but someone is better than him in the positions we are shoe horning him into (if at full strength)
    Happy to give JC at least a few games at 6 before I label that experiment a bust

Very much agree with this. We played like we had never trained together. Incredibly Sexton showed more in his one game than either Foran or JC. Surely JC is a 1 or 14 if AJ is fit. The Kini experiment was interesting but very much an experiment. Sami right wing or out. Clark out for JJ.
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-06-23 at 08:26 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I am not sure how we lost that. Man we missed some cool heads out there, its like we think we can't win.

We have too much grabbing and not enough hitting in defence. I feel that’s about having boys against men.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    I am not sure how we lost that. Man we missed some cool heads out there, its like we think we can't win.
    Did anyone think we could? Even at half time our chatter was we were going to lose because that's what we do

The press conference is worth watching how Holbrook is thinking deadset other coaches would of blown up deluxe but no Holbrook sugar coats the defensive effort

I only saw bits and pieces of the game (thankfully). But the bunnies are a quality side even without Mitchell. Having Tino out there for the second half of the first half worked well. It belayed the start of our collapse until after halftime. Kiddie mistakes and a crap referee decision killed us.
    I firmly believe that a good coach could make this a top 4 side (once Fermor and JJ are back). So, at the moment we are screwed because we don’t have one.

True, but with a good lead and the effort in the first half you would expect the halves to step up and control the game. I agree that my expectations were low, I suppose a few bourbons start to make you think you might win. Most of all I am disappointed for the boys.

Not sure why we would think 23 year old halfs can step up.

Presser was the usual joke, disappointed blah blah, Tino blaming the players not the coach.

Need to back up for Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    The press conference is worth watching how Holbrook is thinking deadset other coaches would of blown up deluxe but no Holbrook sugar coats the defensive effort
    lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    I only saw bits and pieces of the game (thankfully). But the bunnies are a quality side even without Mitchell. Having Tino out there for the second half of the first half worked well. It belayed the start of our collapse until after halftime. Kiddie mistakes and a crap referee decision killed us.
    I firmly believe that a good coach could make this a top 4 side (once Fermor and JJ are back). So, at the moment we are screwed because we don’t have one.
    Murray and Arrow both went off injured. Still couldn't capitalize.

This team even with another coach is nowhere near top 4 material. Like absolutely nowhere near. Maybe bottom of the 8 somewhere but that's about it. Haas, Isaak, Clark, Schoupp, Kelly would barely crack first grade in any other team. Then you've got the likes of injury-prone guys like AJ, Foran and Verrills, two of those whom we signed to contracts full-well knowing their injury history. The Fermor injury is what hurts the most, because Stimson is clearly being played out of position, that's one that can't be helped though.

Overall we just don't have the team to go very far, and anyone who disputes that must be looking through rose-tinted glasses.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 03-06-23 at 09:14 PM.

Coach got angry at the journos for asking the question we all want to ask: “what’s happening there in the second half, is that how you coach them?” Lololololol.

We are headed for a bottom two finish.
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-06-23 at 09:16 PM.