Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

that's been one of holbrooks biggest problems his use of the bench and who he picks on it, deadset can read it like a book how he uses his bench

I can definitely accept AKP getting a rest. I'll call it that. Giving players a turn at "freshening up" is new to me as a general rule. Usually they get a break through injury or suspension or rep duties. There is a lot more to being a winger these days and it sure isn't a position you can hide in. And if you have a weakness in our game, you get found out.

I didn't post the AFP scoring stats to mount a case otherwise. It's FYI.

Holbrook is right, we do have good depth. But not in all areas.

I feel we have moved on from the moving deck chairs on the Titanic eras and now it's more application and attitudinal.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 19-05-23 at 03:29 PM.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

'Just another game': Preparation status quo for former Bulldog
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...ormer-bulldog/

There's always a little extra motivation up against the old club and that will be very much the case for Joe Stimson.

Facing off against the Bulldogs after spending the past three years of his career based at Belmore, this Sunday's clash is one the Titans edge forward has his sights set on winning in his new colours - adding to his list of scalps of former teams after getting the job done over Melbourne earlier in the year.

But in the lead-up to running out at Accor Stadium, the 27-year-old hasn't altered his preparation ahead of the contest, wanting to treat it like the 95 other appearances he's made in the NRL.

"At the end of the day, it's just another game," Stimson said.

"You don't want to get too emotionally involved in at all... but I'm really looking forward to it. It's going to be good."

The only thing that has changed this week is the banter between Stimson and his former teammates, with a little bit of jovial sledging going back and forward throughout the week.

"I've got some pretty good mates there so I've been messaging Jayden Okunbor and Corey Waddell a fair bit," he revealed.

"We've been talking a bit of trash, but it's all harmless fun and I'm looking forward to seeing them."

The home side will also welcome back one of their stars and another ex-teammate in Josh Addo-Carr, but the Foxx will have his work cut out up against the Titans' very own hound, Phil Sami.

Phil's been extremely impressive and his form this year has been outstanding," Stimson said.

"He's been running for over 200 metres regular, so it's pretty impressive.

"I think it'd be a great matchup and it will probably be the matchup of the whole game really.

"They've both got a really good work ethic and a lot of X-factor."
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Except it will be Sami v Kiraz and Jojo v the Foxx
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

man how much are we missing Fermor though. I like Stimson but he offers absolutely nothing in attack, of course that's not on him though.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I see kinis in Sydney with the squad surely better for his development to actually play him off the bench ahead of Leeming then just being 19th man if he's not playing FB to tweed he'd be perfect to bring on when we're starting to lose momentum and our attacks doing nothing Randal can play 80
    Kini will play for Burleigh today. So will Iszac.

It’s almost as if we’re surprised with how easy we’re making yardage and don’t know what to do with it when we’re in good ball

- - - Updated - - -

Need a lot more from our 6/7/1 here. Our attack is struggling. Needed to go out the back to JC there and Jojo scores in the corner.

With the good ball we’ve had we should be up by 20 odd really.

- - - Updated - - -

Best defensive set we’ve had all year

- - - Updated - - -

We’re absolutely rolling them through the middle. Need JC playing through there off the back of quick PTB’s and offloads.

Be nice if Ennis could shut up with his Bulldogs bias for a single minute

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    It’s almost as if we’re surprised with how easy we’re making yardage and don’t know what to do with it when we’re in good ball

- - - Updated - - -

Need a lot more from our 6/7/1 here. Our attack is struggling. Needed to go out the back to JC there and Jojo scores in the corner.

With the good ball we’ve had we should be up by 20 odd really.

- - - Updated - - -

Best defensive set we’ve had all year

- - - Updated - - -

We’re absolutely rolling them through the middle. Need JC playing through there off the back of quick PTB’s and offloads.

Be nice if Ennis could shut up with his Bulldogs bias for a single minute
    yeah Ennis carrying on about "controversial" Mahoney calls, move on mate lol

Good defensive half, pretty poor with the ball. Should be up by a lot more.

Now for our second half….gulp

Tino totally squared-up Mahoney after he got Mo the tackle before … he was lucky but I love that. Without Lofi and AJ we look ponderous but 14-0 is pretty pleasing. I agree with Holbrook that Vuna/Clark is better than IF or Haas but not by much. Randall is a revelation and Schoupp looks much more focused. Foran might be nearly everyone’s favorite but he’s not mine.

Shut the F up Ennis!

How Titans-esque

Well that is a farking disgrace from JC. Three inexcusable refused kicks so far and we are sh!t again.

First Grader

You can't help but laugh at this point with this team hahahhahaha..

OMG HAHAHAHHAha IT KEEPS HAPPENING..... This team is so mentally fried....

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Well that is a farking disgrace from JC. Three inexcusable refused kicks so far and we are sh!t again.
    And momentum shifts and bulldogs go bang back to back