Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Good decision dropping Lofi, pretty shrewd actually.
    Big Ken imo significantly over rated. Lazy, poor hands and nil cover defence

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Coast 88 View Post
    Flat track bully imo and glad I’m not alone. Lofi could consider himself unlucky and the media will milk it but I’m ok with it for all the reasons mentioned.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Guess we only score 14 points this week.

His games for the Tigers and his parting games with the Warriors were pretty first class if you ask me. His first few seasons he was a marshmallow tho but he really improved out of sight.

Also I dont understand the reluctance to have JoJo at winger. It would really shape a top 4 side to have the player of JoJo's potential to be a winger for a long time, I think the position is far more important than center.
    Last edited by hungryjacks; 18-05-23 at 09:59 AM.

As JB says we might find it hard to find the points we have been without AKP. Happy to see Schoupp return.

I'm wary of the Fox who will explode back after being sidelined with the ankle injury and... it's Indigenous Round! He will be keen!

Really is bizarre to think that we scored 26 points the last 5 matches.

AKP vs Knights - 1 Try
    AKP vs Eels - 2 Tries
    AKP vs Manly - 2 Tries
    AKP vs Dolphins - 0
    AKP vs Broncos - 2 Tries
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Boyd v Burton: Familiar battle awaits milestone man
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...milestone-man/

A young gun battle of the halves awaits this Sunday when the Titans face the Bulldogs... one Tanah Boyd is very much looking forward to.

Not just because the clash will be his 50th in the NRL but also given who his opposite number will be for the special occasion, facing off against a familiar foe who he has played a number of games against in his time coming up the ranks.

Wanting to impress Brad Fittler and Blues selectors with the team selection on Monday, Bulldogs No. 7 Matt Burton is expected to be primed for a big game - something the Gold Coast playmaker is relishing.

"I always love come coming up against good quality halves and I played against Burto a fair bit coming through the juniors," Boyd revealed.

"He's an unreal player and he's doing such a good job there.

"I'm excited, but we've just got to nail our roles and do what we need to do to hopefully get the result.

"They've had a couple of losses now so we know they're going to be firing and ready to go."

Slipping just outside the top eight after a tough loss to the Knights at the weekend, defence has been the biggest focus at Titans HQ to start the week, especially after conceding 46 points in the Round 11 clash - 22 of those unanswered in a 20-minute period.

"It's obviously not good enough and something we are speaking about a lot," Boyd said.

"I think it just starts from our yardage defence and keeping them down there end and not not letting them march up the field.

"But in saying that, we have a few detail areas in defence, so just fixing that up and having clear thoughts and sticking to what we've worked on all pre-season [will get us back on track].

"The boys know that and we tend to bounce back pretty well, so hopefully we can."

Bringing up his half century of first grade appearances in the outing after debuting in Round 24, 2019, the 23-year-old's journey has been tough at times, but one that has been a true reflection of his tenacious and determined character to forge a successful career in the NRL.

"I've got here now and I just want to keep going," Boyd said.

"I feel like I'm getting better each game and learning each game so I just want to keep improving and hopefully I can keep making those milestones.

"But it's just another game that I want to win. That's all I care about."

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Representing our people with pride’: Titans celebrate Indigenous Round
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...igenous-round/
    The Titans will be celebrating Indigenous Round by wearing a jersey that tells the story of the club's past, future and the people it represents.

Bulldogs v Titans: Round 12
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/05/17/...tans-round-12/
    Josh Mansour and Renee Gartner preview the Round 12 match between the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and Gold Coast Titans

NRL Late Mail: Round 12
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/05/17/...mail-round-12/

Bulldogs v Titans, Sunday 2.00pm at Accor Stadium
    Bulldogs: The return of flyer Josh Addo-Carr (ankle) is a huge boost with the Origin hopeful set to play. Young gun Karl Oloapu moves into the starting side at five-eighth with Josh Reynolds going back to the bench. Ryan Sutton has been named among the reserves and could be a late inclusion to the side if coach Cameron Ciraldo opts for a bigger bench against the Titans.

Titans: Erin Clark is back after missing Round 11 with a finger injury and is good to go. Despite being named, Alofiana Khan-Pereira is expected to miss the game with Aaron Schoupp set to make his NRL return. Jojo Fifita will likely push to the wing with Philip Sami partnering Brian Kelly on the left edge.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Flat track bully imo and glad I’m not alone. Lofi could consider himself unlucky and the media will milk it but I’m ok with it for all the reasons mentioned.
    Up the top of leading try scorers, signs three year contract then gets dropped, im confused. Then Ken a winger is on the extended bench ahead of AKP, more confused.

Up the top of leading try scorers, signs three year contract then gets dropped, im confused. Then Ken a winger is on the extended bench ahead of AKP, more confused.
    Lofi can score all the tries he wants, it doesn’t mean he’s playing well enough to hold his spot. Lots more to a wingers game than scoring tries. Fortunately for us he’s young and worth investing in to keep developing, hence the extension.

Ken’s been playing well in Qcup and working hard taking 20 odd carries a game at that level, mostly tough runs out of yardage. It’s been hugely beneficial for Burleigh’s exit sets. Average something like 160m-170m a game and plenty of PCM. That’s why he’s on the extended.

But Ken isn’t on the extended bench ahead of Lofi....Lofi was named to start, found out he wasn’t, but they haven’t even updated the squad yet. Lofi is travelling to Sydney with the team which I’m not sure Ken even is.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 18-05-23 at 08:57 PM.

I see kinis in Sydney with the squad surely better for his development to actually play him off the bench ahead of Leeming then just being 19th man if he's not playing FB to tweed he'd be perfect to bring on when we're starting to lose momentum and our attacks doing nothing Randal can play 80

First Grader

We need him in the 19 due to Forans foot/leg potentially falling off at any point, Kini would go into fullback with JC at 6.

First Grader

Need to see more from leeming if he's taking up that bench spot

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Need to see more from leeming if he's taking up that bench spot
    yep 20 min cameos don’t cut it
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.