Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    First Grader

I think the Schoupp situation was just for the last couple of weeks and never meant to be permanent, Treymain wasn't going to get moved from right centre for Schoupp and it was a natural switch with Haas for Tweed.

I got no idea why we got Maumalo unless he's on min wage and doesn't mind being depth, The only reason I can think is that we hoped Tony Francis would take that spot but isn't up to top 30 standard.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    The casuals are not going to be happy about Lofi being dropped

Avoid facebook and instagram comment sections at all costs
    Any insider info what's going on HS?

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    I think the Schoupp situation was just for the last couple of weeks and never meant to be permanent, Treymain wasn't going to get moved from right centre for Schoupp and it was a natural switch with Haas for Tweed.

I got no idea why we got Maumalo unless he's on min wage and doesn't mind being depth, The only reason I can think is that we hoped Tony Francis would take that spot but isn't up to top 30 standard.
    What I dont get is that we signed him for 3 years (to end of 2025). I understand he was carrying a knee injury when he arrived and maybe it has not improved to some extent but still 3 years was the concern for me and 2 years with a club option for the 3rd would have been a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Any insider info what's going on HS?
    No insider info but from my own observations I think it's just how he's still learning to contribute across all phases of the game. He's an elite finisher and scores a lot of tries that others can't but has had a few lapses on the other side of the ball, and we're probably not getting enough effective carries out of yardage. He's still learning how to involve himself from that perspective. I've actually been really impressed with how he's improved on some aspects and he'll continue to do so but he's still young and learning the intricacies of his role.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    What I dont get is that we signed him for 3 years (to end of 2025). I understand he was carrying a knee injury when he arrived and maybe it has not improved to some extent but still 3 years was the concern for me and 2 years with a club option for the 3rd would have been a better option.
    I'd assume he's not on to much coin and if needed could be paid out pretty easily if it gets to that point. His stats seem fine and he's been playing QRL so I just assume he's the last winger up. I'm more surprised on his account, I feel he could be a starter somewhere and is still 29 unless he is more banged up then we know.

On Lofi - This was always going to be our team from round 3 onwards until Lofi improved a lot when Jojo went down with his MCL. This probably should've been the move instead of Schoupp getting dropped 2 weeks ago but it would've been hard to drop anyone after 2 decent wins.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    No insider info but from my own observations I think it's just how he's still learning to contribute across all phases of the game. He's an elite finisher and scores a lot of tries that others can't but has had a few lapses on the other side of the ball, and we're probably not getting enough effective carries out of yardage. He's still learning how to involve himself from that perspective. I've actually been really impressed with how he's improved on some aspects and he'll continue to do so but he's still young and learning the intricacies of his role.
    Yeah from what I recall last year under Stone from the games I saw is that he did very little (if at all) in regards to getting yardage out of their own half and I thought then due to the minimal involvement that it must have been an instruction from the coach. I could be wrong as I only saw a few Burleigh games but it was very noticeable from the games I saw.

If that was the case then yes he would have a steep learning curve in this aspect of his game.

Bewildering decision imo to drop Lofi to bring Schroupp back in after getting played the last two weeks at back row, how’s he meant to work on the issues that got him dropped playing in a position he’s probably never whilst BK seems untouchable after multiple weeks/years of poor effort plays that lead directly to tries makes zero sense let alone the message it must send to the playing group.
    I’d bring Ken on the wing if your going to leave Lofi out and drop BK for Schroup, Mikaele for Vuna who’s clearly not up to NRL standard.

Lofi did do some stupid things last week trying to run outside the knights and got thrown into touch iirc

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s being dropped to learn to follow the gameplan

FWIW - Maumalo has been very good at Qcup. Looks more comfortable by the week and he's a huge asset out of yardage. Burleigh are generally using him quite effectively. Getting around 20 carries a game.

Gotta give Tony Francis a shout as well for his workrate in yardage sets. 19 carries and made 92m post-contact last weekend. He's finding form as the season goes on but it's going to be very tough for him to crack the side given our wing depth.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    Lofi did do some stupid things last week trying to run outside the knights and got thrown into touch iirc

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s being dropped to learn to follow the gameplan
    100%, What makes Kelly being constantly named ever more annoying though.

Good decision dropping Lofi, pretty shrewd actually.

Not a fan of Lofi being dropped so far into the season, better just persisting with him as I do think he's getting better....with that said I mean I understand it. How Kelly continues to keep his spot is beyond me though.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 17-05-23 at 04:52 PM.

First Grader

There also would of been a fair bit of media going against The Fox. He's done well and the only guy who hasn't had a game off besides Sami in the backs.

Jojo and Sami help our forwards a lot more at this stage and for what we lose with Lofis speed, Sami is in pretty good form himself and adds an aerial threat.

There also would of been a fair bit of media going against The Fox. He's done well and the only guy who hasn't had a game off besides Sami in the backs.

Jojo and Sami help our forwards a lot more at this stage and for what we lose with Lofis speed, Sami is in pretty good form himself and adds an aerial threat.
    yeah both good points especially with JAC's return.

QLD Cup

These are both good points. His carries would be more easily over looked if our forwards were gaining more metres. Watching Marzhew last weekend it did amplify the fact that we aren’t gaining as many metres early in our set as we were last year. As HZ said, there’s plenty of time for him to develop his game but it will be disappointing not to have that excitement out wide.

I think the thing that I’m more disappointed about it Jojo will be pushed to the wing again. I thought he was developing well at centre.

Titans media said that Schoupp was dropped due to a niggling knee injury, which would make sense since he wasn’t named in the 22 and didn’t play Cup for the first couple weeks. Hard to bring somebody back into a team that is winning.