Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 12: BULLDOGS vs TITANS (2023)

BULLDOGS vs TITANS

Match Details: https://www.titans.com.au/draw/nrl-p...dogs-v-titans/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

Something desperately needs to change with that right edge. Offer nothing in attack, and awful in D. And we’re about to be up against the Dogs left edge with Burton and Addo-Carr. I’d say Schoupp will come in for Jojo, but also Stimson just has not been good enough out there.

Please make Dfifita captain

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Something desperately needs to change with that right edge. Offer nothing in attack, and awful in D. And we’re about to be up against the Dogs left edge with Burton and Addo-Carr. I’d say Schoupp will come in for Jojo, but also Stimson just has not been good enough out there.
    I've liked Stimson a lot this year, think he's kept our heads above water in some aspects, although i'm convinced he's not an 80 minute edge-backrower and more of a 13 these days, which is fine, but it's just going to get us cooked on occasion like tonight.

Schoupp absolutely needs to be in, idk what on earth Holbrook has been thinking by re-arranging that right corridor which was largely defensively unbeaten with Schoupp @ 4.

Also, yet again the middle falls apart when Tino and Liu go off, you can actually see it happen, even the analysis of our four quarters all season has confirmed it -> https://old.reddit.com/r/nrl/comment...ttages_corner/ .. Pretty much the best first 30 minutes team, then we just fade away into the abyss as time goes on. The only explanation is Tino and Liu replace by significantly worse production as it overlaps with their interchanges. Jolliffe was a monumental loss, haven't replaced his production at all.

My suggestion would be to split Tino and Liu up when Jolliffe comes back, have Tino & Jolliffe starting, Moe & Liu off the bench, we absolutely have to shore that bench unit up, but again untill JJ is back we probably have to deal with our lack of personnel in that dpt. and pray we can hang on sadly.

First Grader

I got about 6 more hours of ranting about this team but if they rock up to this game we'll be OK.
    Jolliffe might be the most underrated played in the comp...

We need to win this one badly though. We need to get to 16 points before the break imo, If we do that with our run home of games we'll make the finals...I hope. The issue is now we're going to have to deal with a doggies team probably up with JAC coming back probably at home.

We just need to hold out till Jolliffe gets back.. We've got two byes in that but he will add a lot, So much that we can't expect guys like Vuna and Iszac to do his job... Jolliffe is a top 20 prop for me and you bring him back with Moe and Tino... We're so much better.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 16-05-23 at 08:36 AM.

I hear ya NZ. Stimson's 55 today was less than his usual and he's been overworked from Round 1. Just because he's busted himself week after week, doesn't mean he can keep doing it. I'd either rest him next week or bring him off the bench as a middle. I'd be keen to start with Klese and possibly add Schoupp to the bench. Stimson could start the following week on the edge if it doesn't work out but he needs a rest to get the best out of him. Schoupp could work out well for a spell on the edge as he has played inside Jojo and next to Tannah. Run hard, tackle hard seems to be his motto. He's giving away a weight advantage on the edge but he can add spark off the bench and cover the backs.

I'm glad Kini didn't play today. It wasn't a game for him.

First Grader

Aaron’s fantastic,” said Penna after Schoupp’s second game in the backrow for the club.

“He comes back and he works really hard for us every week. It’s a position the Titans would like to see him playing in so it’s good for us and good for the Titans.

“He had another strong performance tonight.”

Interesting comment from Tweed coach Dave Penna.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Aaron’s fantastic,” said Penna after Schoupp’s second game in the backrow for the club.

“He comes back and he works really hard for us every week. It’s a position the Titans would like to see him playing in so it’s good for us and good for the Titans.

“He had another strong performance tonight.”

Interesting comment from Tweed coach Dave Penna.
    It looks like the club wanted to see if he can play right second row for a few weeks in QCup before they entertained moving Stimson back to the middle?

Perhaps an admission from the club we can't play a whole season of Stimson on the right edge.

This is another one of those "gimmie" games that we never really get too often.

I think we are afraid to do the hard, simple, boring work. As a fan, I love seeing pressure built up and pay off. It's a wrestle.

Then we get flashes of brilliance, because we can attack and we have some firepower with players also keen to support.

And then that seems to go to our head a little. We get carried away.

I want to see Schoupp back too. Great signing and brings some aggression.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Last week we gave no respect to the opposition. We threw caution to the wind from the get-go and when they stood up to us we folded like a deckchair on the Titanic. The Dogs, like everyone else, know that we are like a marshmallow chocolate.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

No changes... that better change on game day

First Grader

https://twitter.com/MattTsimpikas/st...htmode%3Dfalse

LOFI LEFT OUT: @GCTitans
    winger Alofiana Khan-Pereira reveals he WON’T face the @NRL_Bulldogs this Sunday. Despite being named to start, Lofi says he’ll be given a week off, with Aaron Schoupp to make his #NRL return.
    Not great by Lofi to reveal that but happy to have Schoupp back in. Jojo was on the right and Sami to the left outside B.Kelly at training.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 17-05-23 at 11:51 AM.

Rep Player

If they're training Schoupp up to play 2R, why not play Maumalo on the left wing, Schoupp at right 2R, and Stimson back to the bench as a middle?

Not upset about Sami/Kelly and Schoupp/Jojo which was our pre-season backline but now we have Maumalo why not play him? Would help a lot with our go-forward, and Stimson in the middle would help our defense immensely when Tino and Mo are off the field.

The casuals are not going to be happy about Lofi being dropped

Avoid facebook and instagram comment sections at all costs

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    If they're training Schoupp up to play 2R, why not play Maumalo on the left wing, Schoupp at right 2R, and Stimson back to the bench as a middle?

Not upset about Sami/Kelly and Schoupp/Jojo which was our pre-season backline but now we have Maumalo why not play him? Would help a lot with our go-forward, and Stimson in the middle would help our defense immensely when Tino and Mo are off the field.
    Couldn't agree with this more

I find it so odd they would get schoupp playing second row in qcup just to bring him back in at centre.
    Last edited by Upthetits; 17-05-23 at 01:44 PM.