Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I think Clark is a worse defender than Sam Mac
    Maybe (I don't think either are good, Clark a bit better) but he adds a little bit more with the ball and he's signed for 2 more years. It looks like Holbrook might've clued on and has cut down Clarks minutes from a constant 41 the previous 8 rounds to 28 vs Manly. I think Randall is going to take those 13 bench minutes while also starting at 9 once Verrills returns.

I was really impressed with Vuna against Manly so hopefully he can keep up that form.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Maybe (I don't think either are good, Clark a bit better) but he adds a little bit more with the ball and he's signed for 2 more years. It looks like Holbrook might've clued on and has cut down Clarks minutes from a constant 41 the previous 8 rounds to 28 vs Manly. I think Randall is going to take those 13 bench minutes while also starting at 9 once Verrills returns.

I was really impressed with Vuna against Manly so hopefully he can keep up that form.
    I like Randall's middle defence so would be supportive of him playing the first 20 with Verrills off the bench. With his injury history, I don't think we should be playing Verrills for 80. Verrills & Leeming are similar players from what I have seen so far, so that means Leeming misses out.

First Grader

Foran still at 6 and Kini at 18th man, Kruise comes in. Foran is so bloody tough.

First Grader

Surely thereds no chance Foran plays right? I'd say it's just a mind games thing, especially to not extra pressure on Weaver/Kini if one of them is debuting.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Personally, i've got money on Holbrook shifting Erin Clark to 6 for some wacky fun reason.
    Mate I think Hurricane has had plenty of opportunity to play Clark there in the past but has always declined

Foran good to go.

How does this man hop around on one leg for half a game and then be good to go seven days later. Can't wait for another few months of Foran-anxiety after every game

First Grader

Can anyone read the Courier Mail article saying Kini’s set to debut?

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Can anyone read the Courier Mail article saying Kini’s set to debut?
    The Gold Coast Titans are on the verge of unveiling one of the country’s hottest schoolboy graduates as a backline injury crisis grips the club.

The Gold Coast Titans are on the verge of unveiling one of the country’s hottest schoolboy graduates, with fullback sensation Keano Kini in the mix for an NRL debut.

Kini is on standby to make his first grade debut for the Titans in Sunday night’s Magic Round closer against Parramatta at Suncorp Stadium.

Veteran Titans five-eighth Kieran Foran is battling knee and toe injuries after last weekend’s upset win against Manly and did not train with the team on Wednesday morning. Fullback AJ Brimson (hamstring) will miss at least a month of football.

Foran was named in the No. 6 jersey by coach Justin Holbrook and will be given until match eve to prove his fitness, with Jayden Campbell named as Brimson’s fullback replacement.

However Holbrook will throw a curveball at the Eels and move Campbell to five-eighth if Foran is ruled out.

That will open the door for Kini to make his NRL debut, with the 19-year-old speedster training exclusively at fullback on Wednesday.

A graduate of league nursery Palm Beach Currumbin High School, Kini was one of the standouts at last year’s Australian Schoolboys championships.

He is such a highly-rated prospect that the Titans have signed him until the end of 2026 and recently promoted Kini to their top 30 squad in preparation to blood him in the NRL.

Kini produced an eye-catching display in a 40-minute pre-season trial cameo against the Brisbane Broncos and has been playing for Burleigh in the Hostplus Cup.

He has averaged 181m and created six try-assists in six appearances for the Bears, with a try and 206m against the Brisbane Tigers last Sunday proving to Holbrook he is ready for the NRL.

A New Zealand native, Kini only moved to Australia two years ago after signing with the Titans and is now on the cusp of realising his NRL dream.

It means heaps to me to be here,” Kini told the QRL recently.

“It’s all happened pretty quick and I’m happy for my family as well. My family sacrificed a lot for me to get here so I’m just trying to repay them.

“We moved from Auckland two years ago. My mum and dad packed up everything and moved over here for me (to join the Titans’ junior system). I owe everything to my parents and my family.

“I just want to play consistent Cup, get myself right and play really good for Burleigh, try to work my way up. If anything higher happens, it happens.

“They want me to get the experience of playing men. I just came out of school so it’s about playing against men and getting the physicality under my belt.

“I thought I would just try to work my way through the (Hastings Deering Colts) 21s this year but I’m honoured to be part of the Hostplus Cup team this early. Learning off these boys as well, they have a really high standard here in Burleigh.”

Junior

While i like the Magic round Jersey, our record in special playing strips is not that flash. Time to break the hoodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Coast 88 View Post
    While i like the Magic round Jersey, our record in special playing strips is not that flash. Time to break the hoodoo.
    Haha mate I brought this up with the Anzac jersey and then we went on to have the record breaking loss to the Dolphins

Special jerseys are not our go

That article says Foran was sidelined from training which doesn't surprise me.

My question is why are we replacing a 6 with a 1 and not a 6 with a 6 or 7?

Is Weaver just not quite ready yet? Or do they just not want to play him at 6?
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 03-05-23 at 03:29 PM.

I'd love to see Campbell at 6 and Kini at 1. Maybe it won't happen just yet. But it may be not far off. He is still young but Queensland Cup is a real proving ground against big bodies and experienced men.

Foran is a bit of an enigma. Straddling injury/health. Once again, I'd like to see him get some clear air without injury and have a dig.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post

Admittedly I haven’t watched as much of them as others in this thread but from what I’ve seen Weaver still needs a bit more mass on his frame before he is NRL ready, whereas I think Kini’s body could handle NRL right now (especially at fullback where he won’t make as many tackles.) It would be a big ask to throw Weaver in this week, especially with some monsters in Parra’s pack like Paulo and Matterson running at him. JC is small but he’s shown this year he can handle it
    Last edited by Titslover; 03-05-23 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post

I'd say it's the defensive side of things with Weaver, he tries hard but is prob not quite physically ready yet. He'd be a spot for Parra all night and their right edge gets a lot of ball with Moses there.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Haha mate I brought this up with the Anzac jersey and then we went on to have the record breaking loss to the Dolphins

Special jerseys are not our go
    Yes i remember that point you made and now our poor record is the first thing i think of when i see these jerseys