Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 150
  1. #16
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...0-%2520May2023

    Can’t get past the paywall but looks like foz and brimson could be more injured than reported

    Maybe 1 JC and 6 Weaver or 1 Kini and 6 JC

    All newscorp e speculation probably
    I posted it in the general discussion thread http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/sho...509#post438509

  2. #17
    First Grader RavShamrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Our exposure is in the middle I reckon. JC for AJ if he’s injured and Weaver for Foran if he’s busted are no-brainers. Clarke, Vuna and Haas are either small or very small if you add Leeming. I watched the entire Bears replay but didn’t see much from Mikaele or Alick tbh and that leaves an underwhelming Sammy Mac as an option.
    I moved this over here T and I recon Haas looks good enough to start he just needs the belief (coaching job...oops!).
    So Stimson with Clark and Vuna looks improved. I don't think we can afford to have Leeming on the bench so it would be Kini for mine and we just have to suck it up with clark to cover for Randall as we need cover for the backs without a doubt (gee I wish Spry could cover fullback).

  3. #18
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    I moved this over here T and I recon Haas looks good enough to start he just needs the belief (coaching job...oops!).
    So Stimson with Clark and Vuna looks improved. I don't think we can afford to have Leeming on the bench so it would be Kini for mine and we just have to suck it up with clark to cover for Randall as we need cover for the backs without a doubt (gee I wish Spry could cover fullback).
    Jeez, even by your standards that's a fair reach there to criticise the coaching Ravs ...the work they have done with Klese to get him where he is since his first NRL pre-season is one of the better glow-ups I've seen in recent times. He's a confident young bloke and has all the goods with the ball but like most young guys just needed to find that consistency in Qcup, particularly with his initial defensive contact and getting that side of the ball right. He's getting there....always improving, definitely ahead of where he was last year, and Stimson's consistency is the only thing keeping him from starting atm. I'm a big fan.

  4. #19
    First Grader RavShamrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    That's their jobs HS...I'm not expecting rocks to diamonds but confidence generation is certainly something the better coaches bring to the table...you guessed it I'm not holding my breath

  5. #20
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    That's their jobs HS...I'm not expecting rocks to diamonds but confidence generation is certainly something the better coaches bring to the table...you guessed it I'm not holding my breath
    Sure, but not all can do it and that’s why some rely on recruiting externally and not developing. If you saw where Klese was at before his first NRL pre-season you’d probably be more willing to credit the coaching staff on his development I think

    Re confidence - I think that’s probably the one thing Holbrook really does do well, tbh
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 01-05-23 at 06:30 PM.

  6. #21

    Default

    If Foz is out, I reckon it's Weaver and Kini season baby !

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appsy View Post
    If Foz is out, I reckon it's Weaver and Kini season baby !
    How would Weaver and Kini both fit in with JC? Weaver 6, Kini 14?

  8. #23
    First Grader
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    How would Weaver and Kini both fit in with JC? Weaver 6, Kini 14?
    Bingo

  9. #24
    Junior MaroonTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    452

    Default

    I hate to burst your bubble fellas but I think it'll have to be Leeming on the bench. We'll need to be very tidy with our ruck defence. This article discusses how well Hodgson is working with his BIG (see: J.Paulo) middles. https://rugbyleaguewriters.com/featu...e-eels-attack/

    If Parra get half the ball, we're going to need that extra defender in the middle and while I'm completely with you on how exciting Kini is, I'm pretty certain Holbrook wouldn't be stupid enough to undersize our bench (again) against Parra's style of footy. That's why I think he'll go with Leeming.

    In saying that, I just want our best defending middles on show and if Alick or Mikaele are better defenders around the ruck than Leeming, I'd go for them and play CLark as the 14, but unlikely.

  10. #25

    Default

    Yeah I agree Maroon, I also think it would be pretty unlikely that we debut two spine players in one game, especially against a tough opponent like Parra. Will be interesting to see what they go with, I predict that they’ll name Foran at 6 today with Kini and Weaver in the extended and we won’t know till Sunday

  11. #26
    Immortal Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next door to Alice
    Posts
    10,426

    Default

    Of course he could always roll out Sammy Mac as relief for Randall but I agree Leeming wasn’t brought here to learn how to surf.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

  12. #27

    Default

    I think jc will be named at 1 and if Foran is unfit weaver will be replacing him

    But it’s great to have such a great production line now feels like yesterday I was hyping the northern rivers titans u16s as the light at the end of the tunnel during the dark Brennan days lol

  13. #28
    First Grader
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Sam Mac might be our worst defender in the team, size doesn't matter when our two big guys are Mikaele and Sam Mac who are barely first grade standard imo....Alick I won't judge yet and he'll probably get a crack in the second row at some point this year.

    Haas has played 3 games now of first grade at a top of 28 mins, Throwing him into the starting gig would be ridiculous and more then likely harm his career. He's slowing going to get more minutes as he gets more used to first grade, He's also going to be much more needed in the last half and we don't want him battered by that point.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 02-05-23 at 09:19 AM.

  14. #29
    Rep Player
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Sam Mac might be our worst defender in the team, size doesn't matter when our two big guys are Mikaele and Sam Mac who are barely first grade standard imo....Alick I won't judge yet and he'll probably get a crack in the second row at some point this year.

    Haas has played 3 games now of first grade at a top of 28 mins, Throwing him into the starting gig would be ridiculous and more then likely harm his career. He's slowing going to get more minutes as he gets more used to first grade, He's also going to be much more needed in the last half and we don't want him battered by that point.
    I think Clark is a worse defender than Sam Mac

  15. #30
    QLD Cup NZTITAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Auckland, New-Zealand
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Personally, i've got money on Holbrook shifting Erin Clark to 6 for some wacky fun reason.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew